Keeping the Review SpamFree?

Guest Rain

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and what are you doing now?  spamming again.  tsk tsk..

get over it ok?

380935[/snapback]

reply what you want... I'm keeping the atmosphere positve... attack me as much as you want , call me names...

I won't react... I'm keeping it positive... I'm an adult... and I can put it into perspecitve...

peace rain :)

back on topic :D

kriss  i would like to think people here, in the majority of the cases would be able to carry a debate about their comments on relatively friendly terms.

By all means write your critical comments and reviews man, is not like you don't speak your mind up already ;)

380937[/snapback]

I can fill you in on how things were here some years ago and then I am sure you will understand why I think it's best to keep the reviews 100% clean. And I know Mars remember how it was too. Or? :)

When we had the old system 2-3 years ago it was chaos. Insults against the artists personally and their music too and insults between "reviwer's" and lot's of name calling and very very little reviewing going on... And I do not think it's changed so much since then. It could very fast get that ugly again. As I said. The minute a "negative" review enter psynews then just wait. All hell will break loose and then you'll see what I am talking about...

But maybe we should test it and see what happens? ;)

making a constructive criticism: i think all the praises/hate about the a reviews and the offtopic comments could be avoided if some sort of poll system could be implemented so that readers could vote to see if they found the review useful or not, just a vote... kind of like amazon... i guess

As I said. The minute a "negative" review enter psynews then just wait. All hell will break loose and then you'll see what I am talking about... 

But maybe we should test it and see what happens?  ;)

380947[/snapback]

you can negatively review something and you can do it objectively/subjectively, respectfully/disrespectfully, in a constructive manner or in a destructive manner... i guess is all how you write things...

making a constructive criticism: i think all the praises/hate about the a reviews and the offtopic comments could be avoided if some sort of poll system could be implemented so that readers could vote to see if they found the review useful or not... anonymous i guess.. who cares..., just a vote... kind of like amazon... i guess

380948[/snapback]

And am I all wrong if that system would end up with all the "pro" people voting a "critical" review down? Let's say I decide to review some of the obvious popular releases here with a constructive yet critical review.. How long would it take before that review would be categorised as "unimportant"? Let me guess.. A few minutes?

Sorry but when it come to reviews and taste there is a lot of elitism going on here and I would never trust people with such a system.

edit:

When I in previous posts above write "negative" review I mean a "critical and constructive" review of course. Just so there's no misunderstanding here.

Edited by SOLO

making a constructive criticism: i think all the praises/hate about the a reviews and the offtopic comments could be avoided if some sort of poll system could be implemented so that readers could vote to see if they found the review useful or not, just a vote... kind of like amazon... i guess

you can negatively review something and you can do it objectively/subjectively, respectfully/disrespectfully, in a constructive manner or in a destructive manner... i guess is all how you write things...

380948[/snapback]

THATS actually a good idea. Make a poll with each review...

Again I think it has worked just fine until today/yesterday/whatever someone started bitching. Now who was it again?  <_<

380955[/snapback]

could you try not to spam too much here?

And am I all wrong if that system would end up with all the "pro" people voting a "critical" review down?  Let's say I decide to review some of the obvious popular releases here with a constructive yet critical review..  How long would it take before that review would be categorised as "unimportant"?    Let me guess.. A few minutes?

Sorry but when it come to reviews and taste there is a lot of elitism going on here and I would never trust people with such a system.

380951[/snapback]

i partly answered this one on my other comment, a few posts up...

but regarding your message, you are once again entering personal fights between members here and not the actual content of what you might say about the music...

some people might dislike you, but i personally respect what you might have to say about it, given your previous background and experience, which is a lot more than i have to say for myself...

this still all about taste, though, so im not expecting you to go bash say.. derango, cause i know you don't really like that kind of music... but if you are talking about, antix or something like that i might listen a bit more carefully...

Edited by RAH

THATS actually a good idea. Make a poll with each review...

380956[/snapback]

what happens when someone make a review that people do not agree with? They vote it out even though the review might be a very good review but just not agree with the majority. Am I the only one that see the problem here?

I must agree that people who have never written a review should just stay away from this thread.

380950[/snapback]

well I also said that but in a more subtle way ;)

but it is true... If you never have written a review...

you don't know how it is to post a review and thinking what people think about your style...

Would be intressting to see what the reviewers think about it :)

380962[/snapback]

totally agree you red my mind... I'm on of those... I gave my opinion...

hope the rest will follow :)

well I also said that but in a more subtle way  ;)

but it is true... If you never have written a review...

you don't know how it is to post a review and thinking what people think about your style...

380963[/snapback]

Indeed. It's one of the nicest things when you spend hours on a review and then some people actually bother to step up and tell you that they liked it or whatever..

what happens when someone make a review that people do not agree with?  They vote it out even though the review might be a very good review but just not agree with the majority.  Am I the only one that see the problem here?

380961[/snapback]

Well, on a second thought, it would only work if there was only one review inside the review.

I am totally FOR commenting on how a review is written, but I dont like to see endless "good review" "great work".

Im not a saint here, because I can probably find one or two reviews that I have commented on as well, with useless stuff. But that doesnt change my mind, that I actually find it annoying having to scroll through 2 pages to see the NEXT review....

Indeed. It's one of the nicest things when you spend hours on a review and then some people actually bother to step up and tell you that they liked it or whatever..

380964[/snapback]

100% totally agree traveller... I couldn't said it better myself ;)

But that doesnt change my mind, that I actually find it annoying having to scroll through 2 pages to see the NEXT review....

380965[/snapback]

if that annoyes you my best friend then you shouldn't be on forums :(

because on every forum ever built in the world it is that way... sorry :unsure:

I must agree that people who have never written a review should just stay away from this thread.

What is so horrible in commenting a review?

380950[/snapback]

I couldnt agree less, the people that dont write reviews are the ones that are the majority of this site.... right?

380964[/snapback]

And what if someone tell you you did a bad review or tell you that they do not agree with what you write? Would that be ok too without you answering back all offended? See my point? Would that not just cause problems?

If someone can say good things about reviews then people who disagree should also be allowed to say critical things about a review... And mark my words... Then there's trouble in Paradise... And I'll bet my old Hat that what you call "drama" would come from the "insulted" person who did the review.

And to avoid such situations a simple rule like keeping reviews clean from comments is a very simple and safe-proof solution.

100% totally agree traveller... I couldn't said it better myself  ;)

if that annoyes you my best friend then you shouldn't be on forums  :(

because on every forum ever built in the world it is that way... sorry  :unsure:

380966[/snapback]

Hehe no offense, but there are "spam free" forums out there :)

I couldnt agree less, the people that dont write reviews are the ones that are the majority of this site.... right?

380968[/snapback]

yés but not the ones who contributes the most on this site don't you think ????

Hehe no offense, but there are "spam free" forums out there :)

380971[/snapback]

ok I maybe overracted a bit wit that statement :D but don't forget this is psynews and the majoority what you talk about is here because how psynews is today...

so :unsure:

yés but not the ones who contributes the most on this site don't you think ????

380972[/snapback]

This forum is not just about reviews. If it was it would be PsyReviews.org

No I dont think that the reviewers are the ones that contribute the most to this site. It is ALL of us that are here that are the contributors....

380968[/snapback]

Yes but they're the ones who don't contribute to that section..

And what if someone tell you you did a bad review or tell you that they do not agree with what you write? Would that be ok too without you answering back all offended?  See my point?  Would that not just cause problems?

If someone can say good things about reviews then people who disagree should also be allowed to say critical things about a review...  And mark my words... Then there's trouble in Paradise...  And I'll bet my old Hat that what you call "drama" would come from the "insulted" person who did the review.

And to avoid such situations a simple rule like keeping reviews clean from comments is a very simple and safe-proof solution.

380969[/snapback]

Well I don't do bad reviews so no I wouldn't mind a comment like that also I'm not expecting people to like/dislike the same music I do so it's not a problem. However imo such debates could be and are fruitfull and sort of add more to the reviews.