Ambient

Ov3rdos3

I have been listening to Elemental Journey lately and it is one of the best cd's ive ever heard. The melodies are very warm, and its the 1st electronic album ive been able to fall asleep to. i like that.

Do you have any recommendations on similar type ambient, with very subtle , yet warm and uplifting melodies? even if its old, it doesnt matter. Ambient ages very slowly.

try the "Pop Ambient" series from Kompakt records. Every year around xmas they release a new one. Very warm and soothing, not to much going on, just nice sounds and melodies.

366632[/snapback]

Thanks. where can i find this? i cant find it on Amboworld.

Thanks. where can i find this? i cant find it on Amboworld.

they sell it on the Kompakt label's own website www.kompakt-net.de, you can also pre-listen there

it would probably also be available in a real-world shop that specializes in electronic music (though probably not in psy-related shops, since Kompakt is essentially a techno label)

THE best ambient (not including stuff that's "just" downtempo) CD is Steve Roach - Blood Machine.

367861[/snapback]

is it beatless? or does it have a little here and there? warm? cold? industrial? organic? what kind of feel does it have to it?

is it beatless? or does it have a little here and there? warm? cold? industrial? organic? what kind of feel does it have to it?

367862[/snapback]

Very organic, and it's at places completely beatless, only to burst into fractal rhythms the next. It sounds like a little cell floating in the blood stream.

THE best ambient (not including stuff that's "just" downtempo) CD is Steve Roach - Blood Machine.

367861[/snapback]

Isn't that record made with Vir Unis? :huh:

I liked Roach's Magnificent Void. Deep space ambient B)

Isn't that record made with Vir Unis?  :huh:

I liked Roach's Magnificent Void. Deep space ambient  B)

367889[/snapback]

Yes. Maybe that's the reason Roach refused to sign my copy of the album despite me asking nicely for it and him writing on his homepage that he WILL sign if requested. <_<

Guest Astro Cortex

OD, I think Tetsu Inoue's 'Organic Cloud' comes pretty close to what you're looking for. It's warm, subtle and beatless for the most part.

http://www.discogs.com/release/12300

http://www.discogs.com/release/215661

The re-release is still available, e.g. from amazon.

Yes. Maybe that's the reason Roach refused to sign my copy of the album despite me asking nicely for it and him writing on his homepage that he WILL sign if requested.  <_<

367891[/snapback]

Hey, I got it today as well, and it's signed. Are you sure there's no autograph on your copy? It should be on the back page of the booklet.

I have been listening to Elemental Journey lately and it is one of the best cd's ive ever heard. The melodies are very warm, and its the 1st electronic album ive been able to fall asleep to. i like that.

Do you have any recommendations on similar type ambient, with very subtle , yet warm and uplifting melodies? even if its old, it doesnt matter. Ambient ages very slowly.

366623[/snapback]

Elemental Journey, what a beautiful album :) . I don't know much about ambient but maybe you should try Solar Quest - Orgship (review here )

Hey, I got it today as well, and it's signed. Are you sure there's no autograph on your copy? It should be on the back page of the booklet.

368088[/snapback]

Nope, there's not one here. It was still factory-packaged too. Oh well, at least I get to enjoy the artwork without a name on it. :P

I wonder what his criteria for signing the albums are. <_<

EDIT: This fucking pisses me off. We ordered at the same time, you got a signed copy but I didn't. What kind of selectivity is that? :angry: