Intelligent Production

Stalker

Last weekend i was at a mainly progressive party wich had some impressive music played there

Between all those great acts, there was a dj who played electro/ electro house with some psy influences. I myself didnt like it, i find and always found the atmosphere too much clubby/sexual and even silly sometimes with all those vocals.

Althou there were some songs with interesting parts and impressive construction... there was even some kind of minimal electro that had incredible build ups, percussion and some "serious" melodies.. really stand ups above the others, i was impressed by that track.

Overall the set was horrible. Apart from that track and one or another, nothing more cached my attention

Sooo

the point of this topic its to talk about those tracks/albums that you think that has incredible inteligent production that really stands up above the rest... just like that track did for me with the others

I am talking about gems here people! :)

Puting in a psychedelic perspective.... I will put the Germans lords appart from now ( you know who they are!) and my comment for inteligent production goes for

NASA- Sloopy Noodles

That guys has the skills, his music has feeling and the construction of it is so amazing that deserves my nomination :P

What about you? who are the studio Gods?

Para Halu - Creatures of the Igy

mr. peculiar - Silver clouds

sensient - Rhythmic Transposition

Human Blue - Evolution (V/a - echoes)

Tetrameth - The quickening (V/A intelligent manipulation)

Scozbor - Hard Pooning

thats my list right this moment subject to change any minute

Para Halu - Creatures of the Igy

mr. peculiar - Silver clouds

sensient - Rhythmic Transposition

Human Blue - Evolution (V/a - echoes)

Tetrameth - The quickening (V/A intelligent manipulation)

Scozbor - Hard Pooning

thats my list right this moment subject to change any minute

366214[/snapback]

hmm nice list!

btw

Sensient- Triptium has da production! In fact his work is impressive especially his firts album. A studio geek for sure

i like Blue Nevuus as much as the next minimal freak, and it surely was a standout, but i like the fact he took his chances lately with new stuff evolving his own sound. and now when i pick a compliation with his name on it you can hear his his personal style standing out from the rest of the tracks for good or bad... so i think is great that as a musician he found a niche there to let his creativity fligh high without much fear of sounding formulated.

i like Blue Nevuus as much as the next minimal freak, and it surely was a standout, but i like the fact he took his chances lately with new stuff evolving his own sound. and now when i pick a compliation with his name on it you can hear his his personal style standing out from the rest of the tracks for good or bad... so i think is great that as a musician he found a niche there to let his creativity fligh high without much fear of sounding formulated.

366217[/snapback]

I second that ;)

It think i have one or two tracks from Sensient i dislike... he always has some meaning in his music and its a true artist indeed

Guest GrooveyCat

( although they cross the cheese-line every now and then )  SESTO SENTO are farkin l33t with the production side of things. IHMO. The tunes are always super-crispy :)

366473[/snapback]

Talking of Cheese, where did u get your avatar?

Last weekend i was at a mainly progressive party wich had some impressive music played there

Between all those great acts, there was a dj who played electro/ electro house with some psy influences. I myself didnt like it, i find and always found the atmosphere too much clubby/sexual and even silly sometimes with all those vocals.

Althou there were some songs with interesting parts and impressive construction... there was even some kind of minimal electro that had incredible build ups, percussion and some "serious" melodies.. really stand ups above the others, i was impressed by that track.

Overall the set was horrible. Apart from that track and one or another, nothing more cached my attention

Sooo

the point of this topic its to talk about those tracks/albums that you think that has incredible inteligent production that really stands up above the rest... just like that  track did for me with the others

I am talking about gems here people! :)

Puting in a psychedelic perspective.... I will put the Germans lords appart from now ( you know who they are!) and my comment for inteligent production goes for

NASA- Sloopy Noodles

That guys has the skills, his music has feeling and the construction of it is so amazing that deserves my nomination :P

What about you? who are the studio Gods?

366210[/snapback]

are you talking about this artist :

NASA

<_<

are you talking about this artist :

NASA

<_<

366582[/snapback]

so... what is wrong with him once again ?

i seemed to miss it :mellow:

good production dosen't necesarily mean the latest FX craze IMO... a good sense of musical direction never heard nobody, innit?

:)

so... what is wrong with him once again ?

i seemed to miss it  :mellow:

good production dosen't necesarily mean the latest FX craze IMO... a good sense of musical direction never heard nobody, innit?

:)

366658[/snapback]

i just asked, if this is the same "nasa" that stalker mentioned, just of curiosity ;)! havent heard him :).

i just asked, if this is the same "nasa" that stalker mentioned, just of curiosity ;)! havent heard him :).

366674[/snapback]

huh uh... did i mention i just woke up?

im going for cereal... how is that for production value...

good production dosen't necesarily mean the latest FX craze IMO... a good sense of musical direction

366658[/snapback]

yeah yeah

I am talking about this meaning of production.... a good sense of musical direction, talent for sound manipulating and composition

another example its Penta both albums