Critique my music order

visine

OK folks I just ordered a bouch of tunes from Saikosounds based on the samples and a few reviews. However you never know if you made a good decision until you hear the whole thing properly, so I was wondering if people that heard these titles could write their opinion (and also why something is good or not so good).

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Here are the titles:

12 Moons - Solid State - CD - Candyflip

Derango - Tumult - CD - Inpsyde Media

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception - CD - SunDance

Squaremeat - Astronomical Coffee Break - CD - Exogenic -

Various Artists - Levitation - CD - Candyflip - [CFCD015] = USD

Various Artists - Idea FX - CD - Horns And Hoofs Entertainment

Various Artists - 7th Compilation - CD - Schlabbaduerst ReKkords

Voice Of Cod - We Are Free - CD - Organic

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden - CD - Ultimae

Shpongle - Dorset Perception / Beija Flor - 12" - Twisted

Not AFAIK.

363194[/snapback]

I think this one is a different 'Low Steps' Balearic Breaks re-edit or whtever they call it mix only available on this record.... looks like I got the last copy from saikosounds, as it's out of stock. These promos used to sell on e bay for craaaazy insane prices since it was in big time DJ's mixes and therefore appealed to the crowds beyond Psy Trance scene.

Squaremeat - Astronomical Coffee Break - love it

Voice Of Cod - We Are Free - love it

Shpongle - Dorset Perception / Beija Flor - love it

the rest of them, i don't know

probably Derango was a good choice too.

I think this one is a different 'Low Steps' Balearic Breaks re-edit or whtever they call it mix only available on this record.... looks like I got the last copy from saikosounds, as it's out of stock. These promos used to sell on e bay for craaaazy insane prices since it was in big time DJ's mixes and therefore appealed to the crowds beyond Psy Trance scene.

363399[/snapback]

The LP with the re-edit is avaible at Twisted still.

OK folks I just ordered a bouch of tunes from Saikosounds based on the samples and a few reviews. However you never know if you made a good decision until you hear the whole thing properly, so I was wondering if people that heard these titles could write their opinion (and also why something is good or not so good).

Thanks a lot in advance :)

It's a matter of taste so why should we give any critique to what you want to buy?

If I wrote my opinion you would see some of those releases being negative "reviewed" so what good would my "advice" be to you?

Like I would say: Squarmeat... piece of c***

That would not be any good advice to you.

Just as what good is a advice to you from someone that think all of it is smashing amazing? ;)

Be happy with what you get and enjoy it and most important. Form your own opinion and listen to samples before you buy it :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

V.a- "Idea FX"

well the last 3 horns and hoof have been pure bliss so I'd say this one will be pure class as well...

It's a matter of taste so why should we give any critique to what you want to buy?

If I wrote my opinion you would see some of those releases being negative "reviewed" so what good would my "advice" be to you? 

Like I would say: Squarmeat... piece of c***

That would not be any good advice to you.

Just as what good is a advice to you from someone that think all of it is smashing amazing? ;)

Be happy with what you get and enjoy it and most important. Form your own opinion and listen to samples before you buy it :)

363687[/snapback]

I'm not sure you read every word I said. Notice I underlined "why" someone likes or dislikes particular release. I also wrote that I listened to samples but in my opinion they sometimes proove to be misleading. As you can notice from the titles I ordered the range of my taste is very wide (from chill out, to "straight/proper" trance of 12 Moons to experimental/crazy finnish sound), so the style is not really an issue, what I tried to do is get the best available stuff from each sub-genre that I don't own already.

I just tought it doesn't hurt to hear another opinion or two...that's all :)

Oh and by the way I bought Lime Light and Quality Relaxation CD's already.....I thought you'd be glad people like them

;)