I need to buy cheap DJ equipment.

I have a dream… I want to rise between the stars and become a DJ who plays twisted psychedelic tracks, not Full-On. I would like to revolutionize the Psytrance DJ scene. .. I used to spin decks when I was working in Greece. But that was 3 years ago, so my DJ memories are poor and I need to practice. I’m searching for a cheap DJ desk/equipment with:

2 cd-players (No, I’m not gonna spin LP’s)

The possibility to record my home made sets (Eighter on the DJ-Desk or the possibility to use another player for recordings.

Nobs to twist and play with the music

Can you recommend something? I was hoping for a desk to the price of 500 +/- Euro.

Thanks for tips and advises. When I find what I’m looking for, I will be saving up money, and buying it around christmase times, or before.

You should just use your PC to record sets dude. you dont need anything else. just connect your mixer to your PC and use something like cool edit or something lame like that to record it.

342114[/snapback]

Ok, i can agree to that. But I still would like to buy a DJ-Desk with double CD-Player and the nobs to play. I dont wanna practice DJing on my computer. I remember from my last trip to London.. I found a cheap DJ-Desk with what I need for 300 pounds or smth. I wanted to buy it, but didnt have the mioney at that time. .. If you find something simular OD, could you post or PM me the 2offer"? And maybe I could send you cash, and you could send it to me? ... I donno. I just wanna get my DJ "Career" movin. you know.

Ok, i can agree to that. But I still would like to buy a DJ-Desk with double CD-Player and the nobs to play. I dont wanna practice DJing on my computer. I remember from my last trip to London.. I found a cheap DJ-Desk with what I need for 300 pounds or smth. I wanted to buy it, but didnt have the mioney at that time. .. If you find something simular OD, could you post or PM me the 2offer"? And maybe I could send you cash, and you could send it to me? ... I donno. I just wanna get my DJ "Career" movin. you know.

342125[/snapback]

hmm.. be careful of DJ desks. i nearly bought one. but always check if they have an EQ for BOTH channels and not just 1 universal EQ for both. that totally blows.

you should get one second hand. a lot cheaper and totally fine to start off on.

check out www.amazon.co.uk and look for 2nd equipment. some amazing deals on it.

eh, just buy a pair of used CDJ-100s on Ebay, they go for real cheap right now, and a small Behringer mixer.

then use your pc to record. cooledit is the shiznat.

eh, just buy a pair of used CDJ-100s on Ebay, they go for real cheap right now, and a small Behringer mixer.

then use your pc to record. cooledit is the shiznat.

342581[/snapback]

hm.. I have no clue, so maybe your right? Do you really mean what you recommend?

^

no, sorry

you should do what dmtree told you.....

342920[/snapback]

Ok, i have been looking at Ebay, and the price seems good, and it contains all I need. Thanks for the great tip dmtree, i apriciate it alot.

the two CDJ100 are a great choice (Even used)

i recommend a nice mixer tho, in the $200-300 range

dont get a realllly cheap one, or u will regret it.

make sure it has 3 EQ knobs, and good sound quality

i recommend Numark DXM06 ,and there are many good alternatives.

344514[/snapback]

well I belive I will go for this choice. I used two CDJ100 when I was spinning tunes in Greece. And I loved them. The mixer table you recomend seems really nice as well DXMO6 .. Question: Whats the maximum price I should pay for each item?

500 Euro +

351237[/snapback]

i'd get the CD decks first, and then buy the mixer you can afford. with time, you'll save up and be able to buy a better quality mixer - but to learn, you really don't need anything too fancy. just make sure it has 3 EQ levels for each channel and a headphone pan - it helps.

i'd get the CD decks first, and then buy the mixer you can afford. with time, you'll save up and be able to buy a better quality mixer - but to learn, you really don't need anything too fancy. just make sure it has 3 EQ levels for each channel and a headphone pan - it helps.

351918[/snapback]

Thanks alot for the back-up.

I'm gonna buy two "CDJ100" as soon as I see them for sale on ebay.com / ebay.co.uk (Which other places should I look?)

And when that is don, i'll begin my search for a mixer. I'll keep posting on this thread.