The Shitty Remix Contest

Basilisk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think tikal's sweet child is possibly the worst of them all... that synth sound YUK, the rest of the track YUK, the way people went silly to it at sonica YUK... the way one of the notes on the riff is wrong YUK

and most criminal of all, it misses what i like most about the original... the way that its high-rambling bassline comes in underneath the riff in the intro, great stuff but was completele missed out on tikal's paedophilic 'interpretation'..... missed opportunity

I do like the original & I don't like their RMX, BUT they did make an effort towards creating something new insterad of playing copy-cat. It's just a pretty weak proggy track spiced up with a well-known sound. Like "A Different Perspective" by Indika (sampling A Forrest by The Cure)

339446[/snapback]

Indika's track is pretty nice actually... I am liking this fusion they have going on with this one.

Maybe it's just the repressed goth in me appreciating this... but I'd call it a good fusion; not quite a remix... but a good bit of sampling.

Sweet Child does suck.

Today I came across a new remix... 2 Unlimited - Tribal Dance! Covered by... (wait for it) Terminator. It's on one of those new Deja Vu CDs... Joker's Necropolis. Ha. Ha. Ha.

<_<

342409[/snapback]

did you catch the samples from '2 Unlimited - Gonna Make you sweat' on Orion's latest album? Track 6 if I remember correctly. it's hilarious.

Was it 2 Unlimited? I had thought C+C music factory. Not that my 90s dance knowledge is all that sharp ;)

Right now I've got another remix on - Sub6 taking on Leftfield's Africa Shox. Not bad actually - sounds like their stuff usually does.

Recently I've been having a laugh at the Walk Like an Egyptian remix posted over on Isratrance... well, I played it once and only once and have been laughing ever since. Laughing in terror? Could be... go search for it if you want to be in a strange state of shock and awe.

There sure as hell isn't any shortage of remixes around!!

Was it 2 Unlimited? I had thought C+C music factory. Not that my 90s dance knowledge is all that sharp ;)

345975[/snapback]

oh shit, you're right, it's c+c music factory, I think I even used to have that album on tape. :ph34r:

Africa Shox remix is decent. It's been around for a while.

lol @ the Bangles remix.. but it's too umm.. 'feel-good' to be psy... B)

Abnormal has made some decent remixes.. dark and tweaky and not so cheesy as the rest.

got a new winner:

David Bowie - Let's Dance (Barak rmx)

simply awful.

edit: I wasn't aware there's a Blanka remix also - was that one released anywhere or just random p2p shlock floating around?

Fucked up, it has to stop before someone gets tinnitus...

Personally i hate the Age of Love mix, i think it´s Void perhaps that made it, i dont understand how you can remix such a masterpiece....

A couple of theese remixes i didnt even know existed, but man, it sure seems to be pure crap.

Cheers.

Like most russian trance... no? =)

353811[/snapback]

i disagree, actually there's more quality russian trance, percentage wise, than from any other country, save perhaps sweden.. and ukraine, but that's because i only one ukrainian producer, Humanoid, and he rocks my world. :P

but that's OFFTOPIC :ph34r: and i'm getting a bit paranoid about all those Isratrance moderators hanging around.. hope they don't ban me now :unsure:

No, I'm not talking so critically about russia, cuz I'm ukrainian or something (and most western ukrainians hate Russia for historical reasons) or we are better than them, no. That's not the point.

Skazi gathers like 10 000 people in there... the audience there is young and they are all drugged. I'm 20 and I'm not saint... but stimulators aren't psychedelic at all, they were not designed for something intelligent. They don't get it.

That's where all this evilness and anger in their music grows from. Of course, there are nice acts... but 90% is music for teenage speedheads. That's my opinion based on what I see... and I see a lot of influences.