Talamasca - Overload

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i didn't listen to this track but i have a global opinion about Cedric's work:

he has always been surfing on the borderline with cheezyness for me.

Just one example: remember his 'The hunter becomes the hunted', didn't you notice that he was using the old belgium Bonzai label crew sound database (thing that can't be considered as underground but as commercial / overground purpose) on this one?

:rolleyes:

Same thing about his shitty marketing thingy concept of Astrological signs album, pure marketing biz here, lame for me, a great dj for sure but all in all an average producer/compositor for me, the Elixir tracks (made with Christof & Mael) were great but that's all.

This tune seems to generate some buzz here and there. I thought i should open here a topic as well, cause it's sounds pretty much Goa. Talamasca really surprises this time. Once a year he releases a bomb and this is this year's example.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5078

Discuss?

324682[/snapback]

i love gorgeous melodies

i hate kids melodies

this is a kid melody

I'm shocked to be amongst the minority about such a song for once, but there it is. I stand by my opinion... great melodies, great sound, and too bad y'all can't dig it.

I bet that if it was the same track but by let's say, Filteria, everybody would get frenzy here. People usually don't see beyond the artist name and the label name. Which is shame, cause Cedric has a hand in a lot of old school classics, and he knows his shit.

324823[/snapback]

It's funny that you mention this... I had a long morning set out at the beach here in Toronto last weekend, and I mixed from Overload to Filteria's Navigate :) they go together beautifully!

All the people who didn't like the track will be executed tomorrow at 8AM Central European Time. Don't be late, we have another executions scheduled for later.

325826[/snapback]

Hey, you didn't mention where it's going to take place! A little useless then isn't it? :ph34r:

Hey, you didn't mention where it's going to take place! A little useless then isn't it?  :ph34r:

325871[/snapback]

Probably at the Wailing Wall ( Western Wall )...

This reminds me on Nitzhonot indeed, and as I like that kind of music in some moods I seem to like this song... haven't heard a single good track of him since Cancer, but this is right on track indeed, this track managed to put a smile on many people's face! Very positive morning music :)

I understand many think this is ubercheesy etc... but probably I'm used to it with my "normal trance" background 8 years back :P