Phuture Primitve VS Shpongle

Time_Trap

Havent heard phuture primative yet... worth checking out?

323373[/snapback]

Well I thought that the album would be essential just for Rites of Passage, but all the tracks there are worth the purchase. Except possibly Spanish Fly.

I have listened to both and OF COURSE I have to vote for Shpongle for the following reasons:

1) "Are You Shpongled?" was released in 98. I got it back then and it was simply mindblowing, a very fresh approach to psychedelia. I still consider it to be the most beatiful psy-electronica release ever.

2) That album kickstarted an era of psy-ambient/freestyle releases and, although we got many gems all these years you have to realise that "Are You Shpongled?" inspired many of the newer artists in the genre.

It makes a huge difference that you got to listen to it after so many years. You have to take into account the date of release and the size of this sub-genre back then.

Phuture Primitive - Sub Consious [ 1 ] [5.00%]

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled [ 8 ] [40.00%]

I have heard neither of them. [ 0 ] [0.00%]

I haven't heard Phuture Primitive so i cant vote yet. [ 8 ] [40.00%]

I haven't heard Phuture Primitive but i am a biased Twisted whore so my vote goes to Shpongle. [ 3 ] [15.00%]

choose one :D

323651[/snapback]

How can I if i have no absolute preference?

Some days I enjoy PhuturePrimitive. Some days I'm more in the mood for Shpongle.

Some days I don't fancy either and listen to Ian Dury and the Blockheads .

I don't get these "VS." threads...

:)

ok, let's forget the historical improtance of are you shpongled...

supposing that both albums were released TODAY which one would be better in your opinion ?

323622[/snapback]

You can't forget about historical importance because if Are you shpongled? wasn't released then Phutureprimitve wouldn't have been released either.

i agree Phutureprimitive album has its own style

323874[/snapback]

need to listen to that one quicly everybodies speaking so good about them :)

Well, to be honest here I find the arrangements of PP to be ok but there is no overall progression or complexity. I think I rushed and bought this one too quickly...

In more or less the same style, I find Androcell - Emotivision to be much more enjoyable! Give it a try if you haven't done it yet.