My friend is sick...

ProSect

I saw a study just this week that most people pirating stuff are the ones that go and spend their money buying records. Thats why big record companies are now after the blank cd makers  :rolleyes:

320662[/snapback]

Interesting... :)

If you ever released a cd would you upload it for us to download? or would you say go buy it?

answer. <_<

320766[/snapback]

I'd naturally say go buy it. All of my efforts go in to my music production (physical, mental) - obviously I'd appreciate something in return. Of course I don't expect everyone to like my music, but if everyone pirated it what would be the point of writing it? It would be a waste of time, energy, and money.

no it wouldnt. this way the music would spread and everybody would listen... that's the point of making it in the first place eh?

anywayz, i will pirate your cd if it gets released

320831[/snapback]

Yes the point of it is for people to hear it. But I doubt that I would make another CD if I got nothing in return for the first one. Would you?

I can't stop you pirating. Just if I can't get any money from my music, no more music. ;)

you materialistic bastard.

320839[/snapback]

It costs money for what I love doing. That's how it works. I have to make a living somehow. It costs money for practically every aspect of your life. Materialism is built into society. Therefore I need money to do what I love doing. Money can be gained by selling one's own resources to an individual. You wouldn't work for free now would you?

It shouldn't be made FOR getting money, but if what you write comes from the heart then I don't see why you can't earn a little extra for sharing your talent with others.

If I got no recognition/earnings for my music what would be the point in sharing with others if it cost me to make it?

It shouldn't be made FOR getting money, but if what you write comes from the heart then I don't see why you can't earn a little extra for sharing your talent with others.

If I got no recognition/earnings for my music what would be the point in sharing with others if it cost me to make it?

320853[/snapback]

you will get recognition.... especially if you arent that commercial...believe me...

sorry, but i agree with the negativeness about today's releases....

for instance, yesterday i received my latest order of cd's and first i listen to wizzy noise: the crazy melodies which makers my head spin 360 degrees, then i listen at klusters: the wacky noises make me bump up and down on my chair like a duracell bunny, then i listened psychiatric hospital ahead!: i almost had to be taken to a real hospital, and now i'm listening at multiple personalities: my neck-muscles are really starting to hurt now

if anything there's lots more variation in psy-releases than there ever has been, you got everything these days: from charming old-skool goa to futuristic dark-psy to dreamy progressive and easy-to-digest fullon

320853[/snapback]

true, you spend money to make that music and want that money back...

off course... or more money to buy better equipment to create a next release that could be better...

off cours shaft ;)

The whole piracy issue is a bit of a philosophical conundrum. People living in modern societies obviously need money to survive comfortably, but it is absurd to think that an artist or label whose motivation is financial will produce the best and most innovative output that they are capable of. The purest artistic expression comes from passion, not from a need to make ends meet. True art is created for arts sake, not for getting rich and laid.

That being said though, I do believe that independent artists and labels need and deserve our support when it comes to buying music that we enjoy and appreciate.

Money.

That's what this scene is focussing on right now. People are trying to make a living out of psy-trance, before people were focussing on art and fun.

The real money is being made at events/shows, and artists are always on the road. The result is low quality/fast produced "laptop music". There is not enough time spent in the studio.

But the good news is that there is still quality out there. You just have to sift through the crap to get to the goodness ;)