one day wonders

fohat

name your one day wonders.

i mean new artists whith good compilation releases, good or brilliant debut release and then average upcoming comp tracks and/or a really disappointing 2nd album.

i can name the following:

melicia: brilliant debut (running out of time), funky and deep basslines cool melodies. almost all tracks he released after then are just boring average iraeli stuff. i'm really curious what's up with the next album but i have no hope.

tikal: it really hurts me to name them, but everything they released after their brilliant debut is nothing in comparing with the 1st album. the second album is not really bad, but it has lost so much soul. they put all their effort into sound and trying to be the best musicians in the psyscene (maybe they are), but where has emotion gone?

the misted muppet: brilliant debut, all follow up comp. releases are just random noise

psydrop aka hypersonic: after warming up with a fairly good first album (the miracle man), the 2nd was just great (fantasy seeds): brilliant melodies (yes lot's of cheese in it, but imo with a good taste) and powerful driving sound. no need to talk about hypersonic...

what's your's?

well perhaps not the perfect example. but infected mushroom. BP Empire being my favorite album (the 3rd album), CV was pretty shit. and IM the Supervisor was even worse.

303005[/snapback]

but infected are not at all one day wonders, they just released albums you don't like.

well perhaps not the perfect example. but infected mushroom. BP Empire being my favorite album (the 3rd album), CV was pretty shit. and IM the Supervisor was even worse.

303005[/snapback]

A lot of things can be said about Infected Mushroom, but one day wonders, no way.

A lot of things can be said about Infected Mushroom, but one day wonders, no way.

303029[/snapback]

ok as said "NOT THE PERFECT EXAMPLE!"..... <_< but yeah, one hit wonders? i think Sk**i is a very good example. when animal first came out, it was alright. but it obviously didnt go to well from there onwards.

(see out-of-space rmx)

edit: what am i saying. animal wasnt even good to be honest. although they DID get worse after than album.

name your one day wonders.

i mean new artists whith good compilation releases, good or brilliant debut release and then average upcoming comp tracks and/or a really disappointing 2nd album.

303002[/snapback]

Joti Sidu: The first Psychaos tracks are great, but since then I haven't heard anything special by him.

Oforia: Great debut album, then nothing interesting.

Xenomorph: Love the debut, dislike everything since then.

ManMadeMan: A couple of great tracks, boring albums.

Paps: A handful of strong tracks, that's it.

Haldolium`s last album :(

Emou - apres midi

total commerce :(

Orion...'Futuristic Poetry' was nice but after that it's been downhill :(

Kiwa... 'Dreamtime Enhancer' rules but the newer stuff is just wrong!

303074[/snapback]

http://www.elixiria.com/private_message/vi...osturi-live.avi <--unrl kiwa tune.. fooking master killargh massacre production B) killah bassline kicks monstah YAAAAR B)B):)

"the misted muppet: brilliant debut, all follow up comp. releases are just random noise"

That's because one of the dudes left after the debute album release :angry:

I would also say Ominus - they made some good tracks and even 1 album, but after that - nothing.

Chakra - His debut album with Edi Mis The Promised Land was one of the craziest albums ever, where after that he made 2-3 singles and no album at all, and he is still present in the scene... :huh:

Sandman - He also released great debut album and heaps of great singles before but since Psycho toons nothing actually progressed.

Xenomorph - I liked his first album pretty much but his last effort wasn't that interesting.

http://www.elixiria.com/private_message/vi...osturi-live.avi <--unrl kiwa tune.. fooking master killargh massacre production  B) killah bassline kicks monstah YAAAAR  B)  B)  :)

303075[/snapback]

wish I'd have been there! <3<3

looked pretty nice indeed! :)

and yeah sure sounded quite nice... though it's hard to judge just from a 2 min clip :D

but hey trävelörgh thx anywayzz!

Sandman - He also released great debut album and heaps of great singles before but since Psycho toons nothing actually progressed.

303093[/snapback]

Two great albums, singles and compilation tracks does not make an artist a one day wonder, maybe a jaded old timer, but definitely not a one day wonder.

Two great albums, singles and compilation tracks does not make an artist a one day wonder, maybe a jaded old timer, but definitely not a one day wonder.

303103[/snapback]

One great album, one average one and heaps of great singles, yes, but I can say the same about Oforia you mentioned... :huh::blink: He released one great album, 2 average ones and 1 less than average but he has various projects too...same stands for Joti Sidhu you mentioned...he released LOADS of goa singles before an album, and even that album was pretty good one... ;)

haha! hey knock it out brothas! :) BOTH Sandman and Oforia are big timers you can't argue about that... when talking about Sandman, he is (was) one of the best dark psychedelic trance producers... totally smashing singles, 2 well made albums... big timer indeed! :)

And Oforia aka Ofer D. ...well not a small timer... Tandu, Pigs In Space and the first album as Oforia are gems! they guy has done music no-one else can't copy even remotely! I say big big biig! :)

One great album, one average one and heaps of great singles, yes, but I can say the same about Oforia you mentioned... :huh:  :blink:  He released one great album, 2 average ones and 1 less than average but he has various projects too...same stands for Joti Sidhu you mentioned...he released LOADS of goa singles before an album, and even that album was pretty good one... ;)

303105[/snapback]

Yeah, well, I see your point. :)

haha! hey knock it out brothas! :) BOTH Sandman and Oforia are big timers you can't argue about that... when talking about Sandman, he is (was) one of the best dark psychedelic trance producers... totally smashing singles, 2 well made albums... big timer indeed! :)

And Oforia aka Ofer D. ...well not a small timer... Tandu, Pigs In Space and the first album as Oforia are gems! they guy has done music no-one else can't copy even remotely! I say big big biig! :)

303108[/snapback]

Ok, I confess, I totally forgot about Ofer's side projects. Oforia, Tandu and Pigs in Space certainly doesn't qualify him as a one day wonder. My bad.

Ok, I confess, I totally forgot about Ofer's side projects. Oforia, Tandu and Pigs in Space certainly doesn't qualify him as a one day wonder. My bad.

303111[/snapback]

:P

Melicia --> "brilliant debut" ... I think not. One playable song with the baseline, and nothing else. Pure Poonokol crap.

Sandman is responsible for the Green House Effect album, thus proving he can please two totally opposite groups of listeners. The guy has talent. Pure and simple. No one hit wonder. His future is in doubt however...