I want Ghostly/Mystical psytrance artists!

Stalker

Allright!

I have no problem finding some twist- dark-tribal-wierd-hindu or spacey kind of psytrance

But i have a lot of trouble to find good artists or comp wich sounds more atmospheric tendind to a more melancholic feel. With a lot of pads- windy sounds and gothic melodies.

I know one very famous artist who do(did actually) this kind of music: COSMA!

His both albums were very mystic and ghostly, very beatiful and full of emotions

I miss that! I want more introspective music again! :(

So anyone knows some good gothic- melancholic - psytrance that i should know?

Thanx a lot

Huh, Stalker, that is hard question sicne no one else bothers to make such music anymore because IT IS NOT SELLING. I want the same thing, really. I simply love mystical feel and what it gives you to experience. I can say that CHI-A.D. makes most mystical, gothic influenced albums and songs and even though he doesn't sound even remotely as Cosma music, I find all of his albums as pure mysticism. Here is his full discography cause you need all of his albums :

VIRTUAL SPIRIT ( It is exactly what you are looking for, gentle, melancholic, mystic and his first album which was so cute in a way, get it for sure ! )

ANNO DOMINI ( Much darker, purely gothic release, it has various kind of dark moods, perfect for the night, get it for sure ! )

INFINITISM ( To me his best album to date even though it is not an official album, all songs are perfect but maybe too faster for what you expect, still, get it for sure ! )

EARTH CROSSING ( His best real album, filled with generic, mystical melodies, perfect for mornings, GET IT ! )

So, you see, this guy is definitely what you are looking for, but check also MEDICINE DRUM, they are tribal group with some psy influences but they surely know how to make mystical music, like gathering of different cultures and presenting them not too in your face.

Also check Return To The Source compilations that are dealing with mysteries of this world, they are definitely worth checking it out : DEEP TRANCE AND RITUAL BEATS, CHAKRA JOURNEY, SACRED SITES...

I'll post more when I remember...I hope I helped...;)

Good choices seraph! and thanx a lot!

I am familiar with some of chi-a.d works and i think he is great. What i didnt know was that his album Anno Domini is a gothic release! I just listened to samples and i found it amazing! Much alike of what i have been looking for! I really enjoyed... I am also going to check all of his albums....

Please send more sugestions seraph ;)

And Twizted Biokemikal.... Xenomorph is gothic enough hehe

and i did see your work and i think is very good

Thanks too

And for the others one:

Send more sugestions ppl! I am sure that are others mystical music out there.....

I have THE BEST ambient mystic / gothic group ever, if you are interested in very trippy, intelligent, psychedelic ambient with EXACT feel you are looking for...:)

SYNAESTHESIA

They are perfect ! You can check my reviews of them in the reviews section but I will tell you about their 3 only albums anyway. Yes, they only made 3 albums but all 3 are ULTIMATE CLASSICS !

EMBODY ( 1995 ) Amazing, generic, trippy release with incredible mystic melodies and EARTH feel. You fele like you are traveling through Earth. Concept album at its best. 10/10

DESIDERATUM ( 1996 ) Their best album, double disc, all songs are absolutely perfect. This one is darker and very subversive. It has heaps of effects, melodies, pads, and it is BEST for tripping. 11/10

EPHEMERAL ( 1997 ) Their most focused album, in the similar Earthy, tribal, trippy style as their first one, absolute perfection. 10/10

Believe me, you won't be dissapointed, they are ( to me ) with FSOL the best ambient albums ever made on Planet Earth. Simple as that...Enjoy...

mmm, maybe Asura? i like to listen Asura while i'm reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman... i dunno, but it's just perfect music for these amazing gothic comic books

Maybe The Delta - Scizoeffective, I don't know if it is this kind of music you are looking for.

I think there are used lots of dark spheres and scary samples on this album.

-It is FUCKING great, I love it.!

F.x.: The Delta - Thing :o

hm what about Dark Soho's first 2 releases? :)

• 2 months later...

Chi-A.D. - Anno Domini (the track), one of the most underrated goa tracks ever. Simply one of the best ever also.

269189[/snapback]

i agree with that, i find the best song from Anno Domini and lately i have been listening to this album a lot. Very good gothic album

anyway i know its a hard question, burt any news maybe?

dark soho's first 2 albums is all you need ;)

guitar/goth psy , but you already have it i think...

Chi-A.D. - Anno Domini (the track), one of the most underrated goa tracks ever. Simply one of the best ever also.

269189[/snapback]

oh yes !

simply stunning

my favourite track by that guy ...

hm what about Dark Soho's first 2 releases? :)

268199[/snapback]

thinkin the same thing, gothic influences are present in dark soho's first albums...

even a sample from cradle of fith ...