1 Dissolving The Code (7:28)

2 Evolution (11:38)

3 Impulse (10:07)

4 Neurotropic (6:23)

5 Mindheart Infusion (12:20)

6 Sense (7:57)

7 Neural Connection (12:07)

8 In The Marrow (5:15)

Because I've been raving about this quite often, I decided it deserves a place in the review section:

The electronic music of the future is here! On Blood Machine, the skilled and talented Roach and Unis combine beautiful soundscapes with complex "fractal rhythms". The result is a truly breathtaking, fascinating and psychedelic journey through a futuristic soundworld. Perfect for chilling with headphones.

The compositions evolve slowly and subtlely and manage to hold your interest for most of the time (except for some long fade outs). The sounds are fresh and deep and the rhythms.. well, they are unlike anything you've heard before. They consist of multiple layers of (sometimes very fast paced) original electronic percussion sounds... this truly unique stuff. Production quality is awesome as well.

Blood Machine is far ahead of anything that tries to create a deep/floating/spacy atmosphere by combining textures and rhythms - from other Ambient/Chillout to Drum 'n Bass to IDM - it all sounds dated and primitive compared to this.

A masterpiece. 10/10

Favorite tracks: 1,2,5,6

• 6 months later...

I agree - 10/10. This so endlessly amazing. It never leaves my MP3 player, I want to have access to this at all times.

Also recommended is Steve's solo album "Core" which is very much in the same vein, and another solid 10/10.

Cool!

Track 6 is so special and beautiful... Boards of Canada and the like could only dream about making music like this.. IMO.

Some of their solo efforts are more or less in the same style, but I haven't heard any that's on the same level as this one. They sound a bit weaker and less cohesive to me.

Let's hope they will team up again sometime, to create some of the best original electronic music on earth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Indeed a beautiful album. One of the most visual musical works i've ever heard, and the drums are very special, floating and dreamy but still an energetic counterpart to the rest.

It makes me feel like driving around in a half-broken space ship.

Where can i purchase this album from? any uk sites maybe?

402696[/snapback]

Not UK but at least on the right side of the pond: http://www.groove.nl/. They have it in stock for £11.49 - big and reliable site, despite its horrible design. Did a quick search on amazon uk and hmv, but neither had it.

Guest Astro Cortex

Huh? I've been listening to this like a madman lately and it seems very unlikely that I'd ever get bored with this beauty  :)

402692[/snapback]

same here :)

If this is boring then what ambient isn't... This one will stand the test of time, for me at least. Especially the first 2 tracks, loud and with heavy bass, man it's such a rush... ambient with energy! Most artists from the psy ambient scene could not produce anything remotely like this, unless it was all on sample cd's :P