Tips for Goa

Well it's not as if Gokarna & what goes down on its beaches was a secret or anything... It's been on the map for a long time already.

231512[/snapback]

No, but it would be a pitty if those beaches would get spoiled with plastic cups and bottles just as on the beaches of Goa. Concerning the dirt on the beaches I saw a world of difference between Goa and Gokarna. Maybe it was coincidentally though.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny thread :lol:

i've been to india 1998, haven't been to goa, though. people already back then were bitchin about how it went down the drain. but i'm planning to go at the end of this year to maybe goa, maybe gokarna, maybe hampi.

have been to dharamsala, manali and ladakh. the himalayas seem to be much more shanti, when i read the tips here. i was reminded of some dark sides of india i nearly have forgotten, though. especially of some violent, drug-abusing long-term stayers without respect for the local people... :huh:

from my experience i wouldn't say "never trust the indians", but "be veeery careful who you choose to trust". if you're not totally blind, it's quite easy to see the greed in the faces of the people not to trust. just keep your eyes open.

especially be careful when some policeman or military-man tries to be good friend or good uncle. stay calm and friendly, but do never ever trust them.

be careful with everything that is not cooked, especially juices. i had an apple-juice that made me sick for three months before i figured out what (strong) medication i needed to fight this.

one thing i read here is very true: never buy drugs from indians. get to know the other travellers, you will find.

back then the japanese had the best lsd :blink::lol: , and were the most trustworthy

i don't know if it's the same in goa, but in manali there were two places: the place where the israelis are (old manali - if nothing else, they at least know how to party) and the place where the nice people stay (vashisht). stay where the israelis don't stay, it's the better choice. :P

the one most important thing i have learned in india: be confident in your good karma. if you run into a critical situation, be confident that you *will* find a way out of it, and you will... at least for me, it was always like that.

many strange and dangerous situations have been described here, india is weird, true, but nevertheless: relax. india is still quite easy to travel, compared to other countries. and it's much fun!

one thing i don't understand:

Don't try to hold a conversation with the stall holders on the Anjuna Flea Market ,

but then again everyone has to make their own experiences.

229790[/snapback]

why is that?

Hey lovely people, I am writing from Bombay now, arrived yesterday, heading to Himalaya and Dharamsala and maybe Manali first, then going to Agra to see Taj Mahal and Kajuraho, with amazing erotic temples and architecture. After that, 3 weeks in GOAAA ! Yes, this whole day passed pretty demented and wild, being stopped on every sinlge corner asked for money, to buy stuff, I knew that all of this will happen but had no idea that it will be so intense, this begging. Poor people, but they don't seem so poor cause they can be very cunning. I can hardly wait to get out of this chaotic city and go climbing the best mountains in the world...Hear ya after Himalaya, unless there is some internet connection there but I doubt I would want to contact you from there....Have a great time in your home seats...:P

Greetz...

-_-

AUUUM

Goa Gil's playing in Delhi on 2nd April.

U have to pass Delhi if u'r planning to go towards Manali from B'bay. It's near from Agra (Taj mahal) as well.

Ps hope you have the time of your life over there any one who has the courage and explore the less westernised countrys I admire willing to take chances and step to the unnkown wish I knew a tousand people like that :D

231003[/snapback]

"willing to take chances" :blink: .U make it sound as if India is some amazon forest or something.

M'am let me assure you, you will be taking more chances by walking down an alley in New york than by comming to Goa.

Hey Punit, thanks but I already knew that. I even think that I would go there actually, even planned that...It would be around that time when I planned to go down...To say hello to the guy I know...Hehehe...Where are you located in India Punit ? I just had great time in Elephanta Island, lovely sculptures !!!!! Nataraj Shiva is my favourite one, but also big one of Shiva that represent his 3 faces....shivering beauty....Tomorrow I am heading to Delhi after which I'll continue up north and have no idea how long I will stay there....Thanks for small tip... Cheers

Bye

hey Seraph,

i am from B'bay. But now am in Dubai on work. Could have taken u around if i was in town. :(

Message me when u get to Goa, I have a close freind who lives there. Nice guy Will help u , if u need any.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Seraph !!! Don´t spend a fkkn second hanging around here in the net! go go go go and find the experience!! I wanna goooo :D

Heheh, Tash, this is only time in Transition....heh, after today I am off from internet cause I will go high in the mountains and won't care about you guys...:P;) Hear you all soon...Bye bye

Guest Squaffy

I have a close freind who lives there. Nice guy Will help u , if u need any.

232803[/snapback]

Yer right :rolleyes:

Contact a total stranger (an Indian), who happens to be a 'friend' of someone on an internet message board - what fscking planet are you on?

Yer right  :rolleyes:

Contact a total stranger (an Indian), who happens to be a 'friend' of someone on an internet message board - what fscking planet are you on?

233655[/snapback]

I live on a planet where basic decency & courtesy still exist.

I live on a planet where someone visiting your country is considered a guest &

I live on a planet where I , in all my interactions with non-Indian guest's consider my-self an ambassador of my country & will try to help them in any way that i possibly can.

Which country are you from? Is it filled with cynical people like you who suspect's everyone's motives? :unsure:

Guest Squaffy

I, in all my interactions with non-Indian guest's consider my-self an ambassador of my country & will try to help them in any way that i possibly can.

233676[/snapback]

BWAAHAAHAAHAAA - thanks for the laugh - Mr Indian uppity who wants his friend to sell some stranger some Acid - you crack me up - BWAAHAAHAAHAAA :P

What a nob

Now - say 'Mata Chut' 1000 times and kiss my ass :P

I'm waiting B)

roflmao Squaffy! oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!! I get no air, can´t stop laughing ! :lol:

Damn we didn´t meet you at Dragon Fest mate, would have been a blast! :)

Guest Squaffy

roflmao Squaffy! oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!! I get no air, can´t stop laughing !  :lol:

Damn we didn´t meet you at Dragon Fest mate, would have been a blast!  :)

234060[/snapback]

I think we did - I'm sure we did - I'd just finished playing my set at 4AM Sunday and had a freaky convo with someone who asked me if I was Squaffy! Was that you? groovy chick!

Anyway - the set is uploaded Here - Over and Out

I was hanging with the French 3Boom lot - surely you saw my dog running about B)

I think we did - I'm sure we did - I'd just finished playing my set at 4AM Sunday and had a freaky convo with someone who asked me if I was Squaffy! Was that you? groovy chick!

Anyway - the set is uploaded Here - Over and Out

I was hanging with the French 3Boom lot - surely you saw my dog running about  B)

234077[/snapback]

Nope, I unfortunately guess not :(

I´ve been walking around quite a lot with my bro ( w0p ) searching for your bus & dog but somehow didn´t find it.. We saw quite a few green ones, but I didn´t find the "sky line" sign, but one with something like "army ... " written.. but no dog near..

Was a heavy freak show this fest, pretty funny..

Maybe another time tough :)

Edit: I´ll check you set, thanx for tha link ;)

Guest Squaffy

haha - my bus made it about 50yds down the road and crapped out - oops!

Skylark wasn't there.

Heavy Freak Show? Glad you enjoyed it LOL

BWAAHAAHAAHAAA - thanks for the laugh - Mr Indian uppity who wants his friend to sell some stranger some Acid - you crack me up - BWAAHAAHAAHAAA  :P

What a nob

Now - say 'Mata Chut' 1000 times and kiss my ass  :P

I'm waiting  B)

234042[/snapback]

Wow, u interprted help as an offer to sell drugs. What the hell is mata chut u idiot its madher choot. are u a DJ , Squatty ? well if u are then i hope u'r mixing skills are better than u'r hindi ,which i seriously doubt.

Guest Squaffy

Read the OP you turd - he asking for LSD :ph34r:

In Konkani? It's mata chut B)

madher isn't even a real Hindi word - perhaps maHder, but not madHer

And yes punit - we've hijacked this thread until you say 1000 'mata chuts' and kiss my ass :P

Bring on the flame fest u nob :rolleyes:

Guest Squaffy

A squillion 'mata chuts' for calling me Squatty - must be your overactive imagination about squat toilets and left hands - eewwwwww - did you type that with your left hand? Filth!

Guest Squaffy

Het shitty i'm sorry i called u squatty. & it's not possibe for u'r mata to have a million chuts. what u on? :P

234141[/snapback]

Hey moderators - ban this wanka :P