Tips for Goa

Hey people...

I am going to India in 1 week for 5 weeks. I am planning to visit various places, from Mumbai, to Goa, through center India up to Dharamsala. I will appreciate very much if anyone of you ( tash and eleria especially ) could give me some hints about certain places there...Like, where I would be able to find good hotel or restaurant or what I wanted to ask most good place for finding...

D

R

U

G

S

( acid especially )

But that is of course, if you know...Hehehe

Thanks for help...

:ph34r:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eleria

You lucky one, I wish I could go to India now as well. Haven't been there for almost a year now and that is the longest time I haven't been there since my first visit in'93.

I am not really the one to ask for hotels, because I use to stay with a local family. Restaurants there are many good ones and varying from local food to french or italian restaurants run by chefs from the particular country. As for the substances...there are certain places where they are likely to be found. I will gather my mind a bit and write you a pm with more info and a telephone number of a taxi man in Goa, whom you can call to pick you up from the airport or trainstation on arrival. :)

Hey Elle, thanks for that, Tashira already informed me on heaps of spots there and I am glad you will fix that cab for me...;) Talk to you thru pm soon...

Kiss...

:lol:

you lucky bugger. im sure you will have a excellent time there. just take it easy with uncle 'sid. im sure you know why. just when you think you have it aaaaalll under control. it kicks you in the nuts. have a great time though. i will be going to goa later this year (for the first time, so im pretty excited)

i will be going to goa later this year (for the first time, so im pretty excited)

227746[/snapback]

oh man , i tell you ... goa is the place to go nuts on psychedelics , pure freak show!...

everything avaible , and all kind of druggies hanging out there , hehe :P

btw , when you goin this year? , in peak season (european winter) , or?

Hey OD, I am glad you are going there this year too...I am going for the first time too and can't explain how excited I am even though I know that is not so perfect as it used to be ( 88-98 ). Those were the best days of partying there, but still, I hope that there will be someone still playing old school occassionally...;)

Ooooooy please Seraph, take me with you !!! I'll fit in your backpack, I'm sure :)

there is a shitload of liquid in goa , ive been offered like 3-10times at every mayor party...

all imported (from the usa & europe) , and quite cheap  :D

227654[/snapback]

Very Dangerous in India... a lot of westerners are in jail because of that, for a long long time.

You should better go there for the culture, the sound.... :)

Very Dangerous in India... a lot of westerners are in jail because of that, for a long long time.

229295[/snapback]

Very true , thats why i was so amazed so many people dealing in goa... and so public at the partys , selling to every local , and then wonder when they get busted.

tbe, thanks for concern but I am not going to sell the drugs, just to take a drop or two, OR THREE, if I am offered...heheh...

Tash, come with me, but I don't know what alien might think of that idea...:P He is missing you like mad man...;)

Guest Squaffy

Very Dangerous in India... a lot of westerners are in jail because of that

229295[/snapback]

I can vouch for that - I spent just over a year in Fort Aguada - not because I was guilty of posessing any drugs - because I was guilty of not paying the Panaji ANC enough $$$$$$$$$$

Be careful :P

Guest Squaffy

Back to the OP - TIPS for GOA:

Head for South Anjuna, Vagator, Chapora - STAY AWAY FROM Calangute etc - the owner of the Oxford Stores in Anjuna has some nice rentals if you're there for a while!!! Ask about - there are some priceless rentals to be had in all 3 areas I mentioned. Even better, if you have some transport, head inland a bit, towards Mapusa B) - just ask around a few bars on the back roads.

Party scene wise? Bamboo Forest is in South Anjuna. Lets not mention Badem LOL. Disco Valley Vagator/Chapora - just be careful - different people run these parties and THAT depends on whether the drug squad cops will be there or not.

Info wise when you're there: Head for the Primrose Bar :ph34r:

Hey Squaffy, thanks...;) I'll do my best to stay unoticed even though I look as pretty obvious tripper...:P Primrose bar ? Any delicatessens ?

Guest eleria

Primrose bar ? Any delicatessens ?

229550[/snapback]

You are probably not thinking of food here, but they do actaully do some very nice cakes and other munchies.

As Sqaffy said, it's a good place to find out about where the party is happening.

The atmosphere is imo not very nice though. Too clubby and too much coke. But go and see for yourself you lucky bastard ;)

Huh, I don't like clubby cokey atmosphere...exactly kind of bar I would miss...;) But of course, I imagine everything is extremely relaxed there cause of karma of the whole place but in general I don't like hanging around with adrenalin freaks, I like psychedelic freaks...:P

Guest eleria

Hehe, I might get flamed for my comment on Primrose....some people think it's the place....well, I am quite critical.

Of course it's still Goa and not Ibiza, so it could be worse :lol:

Guest Squaffy

You are probably not thinking of food here, but they do actaully do some very nice cakes and other munchies.

As Sqaffy said, it's a good place to find out about where the party is happening.

The atmosphere is imo not very nice though. Too clubby and too much coke. But go and see for yourself you lucky bastard ;)

229557[/snapback]

Ur comments on the Primrose are FOUNDED - it is a pretty shitty place - food is crap LOL - I was there a while back when they exploded some hectic dangly things, the resulting petrol explosion landing on unsuspecting trippers - eek!!!

My main TIP would be to hang out in Chapora - at the juice bar/place daytime :P - just at the bottom of the hill, tho the bar opposite is better :P

It's really hard to recommend somewhere not knowing what nationality you are :ph34r:

Sorry to say that, but it really DOES depend if ur German, Israeli, British etc - poke about - have fun and be careful :ph34r:

Guest Squaffy

here's another TIP - if you see a police ROAD BLOCK while ur zooming about on your motorbike in the middle of the night:

Slow down, look like you're gonna stop, when you get to it, ZOOOOOMMMMM off as quick as you can B) (you can add obscenities if you like, but only if ur riding a FAST bike - Enfield 500cc) :P