The Muses Rapt - You

smaug

Actually the new cover is pretty ok. If you care to buy the album you will see there is a poem printed all over it which you dont see in the webshops scans.

The album itself is not much more than ok though. There are some really nice morning tracks in it but some of the tracks is double dipped in cheese. Especially the first track almost made me throw up.

I give it 6/10.

Damn why does this album sucks??? <_< ... Dissapointment at 100%... maybe I expected to much...

I would give it 6/10 and that's 5/10 because it's not fullon & 1/10 cause I was that smart to download it first before buying it (what my intention was )...

You can recognize the muses rapt style a lot... typical sounds... but this is not melodic at all... the bass line is direction progressive and reminds me a lot of 'shiva chandra'...

The first tracks is very cheezy... And this is the first time I used the word cheezy in a post reply... cause I never do... so tell me :rolleyes: ...

Almost every track is the same except for the last one... Just sensitive emotional psychedelic sounds popping up & down... No layers at all... There is not one climax or long meldoy in the tracks... The tracks don't get better to the end they just stay the same I really don't get it... :unsure:

Expect the last track is one big climax & melody like 'spiritual healing' but this track isn't goa... it's trance... it's fucking dj tiesto... there is nothing psychedelic about this tracks only maybe in the background at the end a 10 sec wave... If you listen very carefully...

I have been wating so long for this non fullon release but this smashes me in the face... I loved his first album and I'm into old skool big time so this one should be my revelation...

well so far for my (first) negatieve review ever... And hopefully my last :( ...

The reason why I didn't post it in the review section is...well... don't have to tell you that ;)

funny Rain, you say that Lani is good but this is cheeze?!?!?!?

ah well, to each their own I guess... will write a full review sometime next week :)

220854[/snapback]

If you red my post reply very carefully you would see that I wrote that only the first track is cheezy and not the rest of the release... still lani can be called cheezy no doubt about it... but I like cheezy so :rolleyes:

Thats sucks if this album really is as disappointing as some of you say. I should be getting it in shortly so I'll post something when I've heard it. I don't know why this artist would mess it up, I mean, some earlier posts on this thread talk about how this album is exactly like the first, so if you liked the first one, etc...

Anyway, more reviews from people who have heard this entire album would be nice. I've only heard several samples, which to me if you like Muses Rapt, sounded decent-good (didn't want to spoil every track) so I can't decide how this is until I hear it from beginning to end.

I actually really liked Spiritual Healing very much, and I feel that just because something is sensitive sounding, that doesn't automatically make it cheesy, ya know? Like whatever happened to catchy, sensitive melodies that aren't cheesy? It seems that everytime someones comes out with these emotional, sensitive sounding melody driven songs, i.e: Lani, Emuna, Muses Rapt - Spiratual Healing, etc... its super-cheesy. Sometimes I agree and "get" what you mean, like with that Greek track on 1200 Mics 2004 album, but other times I'm like, huh? :huh:

Anyway I'll be comparing this follow-up to the first. I'd hope that it would be much better or at least as good as the first, after all its been 6 or 7 years!, what has this artist been doing all this time?!?!, ... but I'm not expecting it. When I read Rains review, I get a bit concerned... I hope this isn't as bad as he says...

need...........more..........reviews!

I'm with you with the cheezy thing... Like I said before I like cheezy, it's the first time I use the word (negative or positive) in a post reply and I ment only the first tracks so :) ...

Hope for you you'ill like it but comparing to the album spiritual healing, 'YOU' is minimal...

I'm also waiting for other reviews cause It smashed me in the face.. hope I'm the only one... I think the main prolbem is that my expectations were extremely high and then :huh:, since you read my review Jon cocco you shouldn't have that problem ;)

well I'd like to listen to it a few more times before giving it a proper review but I like it a LOT!!! That first track is cheezy, yes, but it is so BEAUTIFUL!!! The first time I heard it I actually had tears in my eyes...

Personally I always found the track Spiritual Healing to be downright stupid, I liked the rest of the first album but as a chill-out album. This one brings elements from the downtepo tracks and uses them in uptempo tracks (actually not ONE downtempo track on this album!). All in all I like it very much. Yes it's cheeze but it's a very different kind of cheeze to what we're used to calling "cheeze" in this scene :)

To sum it up in one phrase: 99,99% of psytrance is made for the dancefloor... this is made for the SOUL!!!

Now the million dollar question: will those catchy melodies grow on you or will they become boring after a few weeks? well, guess we'll have to wait to find out...

I always found the track 'spirtiual healing' the best and was hoping for some clixmas or melodies in that direction... I think in that way you understand my dissapointment... for the rest you review fits... It's is made from the soul and better that there are no downtempo tracks (or more uptempo then downtempo...)

Now the million dollar question: will those catchy melodies grow on you or will they become boring after a few weeks? well, guess we'll have to wait to find out...

220931[/snapback]

indeed a good question and makes me wonder If I wasn't to impulsive with my fearst review ??? :unsure:... indeed old skool goa grows on you and maybe I have forgotten that a little bit in this world of consume/throw away morning fullon...

Wasn't planning to listen to 'YOU' anymore but will give it another try tonight and hope it'll grow on me...

thanx lemmi you've enlightment me :lol:

Haha, the new cover is funny. I'd never expect anything psychedelic from there... Looks like some... dunno.. tehc house cover or proggy trance cover or smth... or minimal techno :lol:

I don't like it ofcourse... I'm not into minimalism...

About music... I've previously only heard the Spiritual Healing track.... and I like it. It's no 'killer', but I like it.

The new samples are .... well..... shitty production and .... and cheese (more than the SH track).... and ... well.... awful bass ... and..... well, it's crap, really :/ [imo]

btw - the 'ibiza' in record company's name spells it too: this is balaeric trance really, far from psy.

melodic trance

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with melodic trance however.

221379[/snapback]

100% true this is melodic trance... but I prefer melodic psychedelic trance ^_^

Now that I have the album I gotta wonder what all the kvetching is about... it's sweet, emotional, and flows nicely - on a first listen. He never really made psychedelic trance per se, so I'm not sure why anyone would demand that he live up to that... just enjoy it, or not. I think I'm going to...