Chill out 4/4

Guest L25

I need sugestions on chill out tracks that has a 4/4 beat very much like any "normal" trance track has, i find rather dificult to find tracks like this.

A perfect example it would be Huva Network - Overload( putput mix) i once heard that this song reminds of an older chill-out artist, anyone knows who is it?

Another good example is Asura- Trinity and also Aes dana and Solar fields has some tracks with a soft 4/4 beat.

Does anybody knows more artist or comp that has songs like that?

Thanx

Besides Shpongle? Ott has some.

If it doesn't have to be psy, also try Chicane. The whole album Far From The Maddening Crowds... it's bliss. Pure sonic, sunsettish, tear-eyed bliss.

I need sugestions on chill out tracks that has a  4/4 beat very much like any "normal" trance track has, i find rather dificult to find tracks like this.

A perfect example it would be Huva Network - Overload( putput mix) i once heard that this song reminds of an older chill-out artist, anyone knows who is it?

Another good example is Asura- Trinity and also Aes dana and Solar fields has some tracks with a soft 4/4 beat.

Does anybody knows more artist or comp that has songs like that?

Thanx

215796[/snapback]

Not to be a pain in the a** here but Chillout hardly have any beats ;) I think what you need to look for is Downbeat :) Good hunting.

Besides Shpongle? Ott has some.

If it doesn't have to be psy, also try Chicane. The whole album Far From The Maddening Crowds... it's bliss. Pure sonic, sunsettish, tear-eyed bliss.

215891[/snapback]

OTT? What did I miss? I can't recall him havin' a 4/4 beat track?

Shpongle, are you talking about tracks like the track on "The Mystery Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls" - The Sixth Revelation?

And I could name Psysex. Psysex is "in a way" chillin' 4/4 psytrance imo. Very good flow.. No stress (most tracks) Oh yes, Chicane is god when it comes to "chillin" beats. Saltwater is heaven, and the whole album, "Behind The Sun" is a pure xtc masterpiece :D

Why do I have the feeling that i missunderstood the question? did I?

OTT? What did I miss? I can't recall him havin' a 4/4 beat track?

Shpongle, are you talking about tracks like the track on "The Mystery Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls" - The Sixth Revelation?

215898[/snapback]

Yes. And a lot of stuff off TOTI.

As for Ott, It was either Spannered In Pilton or A Load Up At Nunney Catch.

Well, they are both on Blumenkraft, so I have those allready. I thought you where talking about some new tracks that where unknown by me.

E.P::. I think there are lots of tracks that has a 4/4 beat but still are chilled. Of cource, downbeat is a much wider genre in chillin' music. But on DI.fm i hear lots of chillin' 4/4 beat tracks. And as I said, i find many of the psysex tracks to be pumpin' and chillin at the same time. Lot's of other suggestions. But i can't remember them at the moment :(

Try:

Tikal - Culture (comp: Module 02) a bit ethnic in style

Human Blue - Spinnin' Spoon (comp: 13th Moon) a bit closer to morning prog. than chill

Aba Structure - Tokyo Story (album: Faces of Epiphany) this is more regular prog but it is very ethereal.

Asura - Battle of the Devas (album: Lost Eden) wait until 7.00 ....

Saafi Brothers - Internal Code Error (album: Mystic Cigarettes) a bit dubby

Star Sounds Orchestra - Meeting of Bears (album: Music For Qigong Dancing)

Amaruvision - Color Contact (album: Light Energy Performance)

Abakus - Indu (album: That Much Closer to the Sun)

Well,  they are both on Blumenkraft, so I have those allready.  I thought you where talking about some new tracks that where unknown by me.

E.P::. I think there are lots of tracks that has a 4/4 beat but still are chilled. Of cource, downbeat is a much wider genre in chillin' music. But on DI.fm i hear lots of chillin' 4/4 beat tracks. And as I said, i find many of the psysex tracks to be pumpin' and chillin at the same time. Lot's of other suggestions. But i can't remember them at the moment  :(

215920[/snapback]

I hate labeling music myself but in this case Chill in it's original sense of music (not meaning of word) is music without beats. Downbeat is a much better description.. especially when your looking for 4/4 beats which in my humble opinion got nothing to do with chill ;)

check out compilation chillum 1,2,3, you will find some interesting tracks within these releases I believe... Also the most melodic chill I ever heard... :)