dark horror psy

fleshbag

Just saw that and i have to say......

WHAT??????

Ka-sol boring?

Get me my gun,where is it?

220005[/snapback]

I think it would have been better for me to simply say its not my type. But I find Ka-Sol (from what I've heard by them on comps) to be very harsh, noisy, and repetitive. Yes, its dark, and some of it sounds pretty crazy, but overall many of these newer groups don't impress or engage me as Dark Soho did for instance, or regarding more evil, horror psytrance, Xenomorph or Sandman's first album. I think what I'm getting at is the production, style, and melodies. I like tunes, layers, melodies, and Sandman and Xenomorph both have these catchy evil, dark melodies. I find their work much more imaginative and interesting than say, Dark Nebula, Ka-Sol, Derango, or any of this recent big wave of what seems to be, dozens of new dark psytrance artists. Some stuff is cool, and its overall not my type. If I lose interest, I may find it boring to me, that doesn't mean it is bad.

"Velvit Acid Christ"

velvit acid christ is girly goth music. Check out allied vision - man must be overcome or imminent starvation - nord.

Nord to me is what the one person left on earth after a nuclear holocaust would make for themselves to keep from going mad.

or try some virtually anything by Coil.

"The only group I've heard on disc whose records I've taken off because they made my bowels churn."

Clive Barker on Coil

220195[/snapback]

Clive Barker was on Coil? What? What tracks? I'm confused. I've heard many of Coils songs and I've never heard Clive Barker (auther of Hell Raiser, etc...) on Coil. Also, Coil is more bizarre than they are dark or evil. Yes, some of their stuff is dark and/or twisted strange. Their work is mostly experimental and techno ... and God knows what other sub genra's are in their work. But to say Velvit Acid Chist is girly? :blink:

Well his album Fun With Knives is very, VERY dark. The many samples are just fucked up, period. And the melodies are dark! If you open the actual CD cover for this album, he says his influences were Astral Projection, JUNO REATOR, X-DREAM, and several GREAT other artists, so I think as far as dark, evil stuff goes, VLC is worth mentioning, even if not all his works great and I don't care for the tracks that he sings on; it totally distracts from the goatrance, dark psytrance, and techno "influences," and this artist is very familiar with all three.

And I looked up Allied Viseion. I've never heard of them before you mentioned them. They seem to have one released album, at least on amazon.com, called Unburied. It sounds... interesting. I'd be interested to hear some samples if any exist. Who or what is Nord? Is he the artist of this or another group or...?

http://www.lastsigh.com/reviews/alliedvision2.htm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad that I am not into dark horror psy cause these lists are neverending, like hundreds of new 'fresh' artists are popping every day, probably making redefnitions of non sense.

220192[/snapback]

Just like in every psytrance subgenre ;)

"Velvit Acid Christ"

velvit acid christ is girly goth music.

220195[/snapback]

Velvet Acid Christ girly goth music....

First of all you are on a psyforum not a goth one.

VAC is not even goth music,you better listen to their "Between The Eyes Volume 1" release.There is some Goa music hiding behind the dark voices and deep atmosphere.

"Clive Barker was on Coil? What? What tracks? I'm confused. I've heard many of Coils songs and I've never heard Clive Barker (auther of Hell Raiser, etc...) on Coil."

no no i mean that was clive talking about coil's music. They did a soundtrack for hellraiser that clive didnt use because sopposedly it was to spooky...think about that. If any group can be considered "evil" its coil, alot of their stuff is completely inspired by Chaos Magick.

" it totally distracts from the goatrance, dark psytrance, and techno "influences," and this artist is very familiar with all three."

I was pretty much quit listening to psy for a year 2 years ago and was all into EBM. The whole genre is basically just goa with harsher beats and vocals. Velvet Acid Christ is kind of like Skazi of the EBM world. Icon of Coil are probly even more goa influenced i would say.

For allied vision check out - man must be overcome or OS bandwidth, its more old school industrial sounding but with a ton of layers. this is probly the best dark album though:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...6620074-3323056

no no i mean that was clive talking about coil's music. They did a soundtrack for hellraiser that clive didnt use because sopposedly it was to spooky...think about that. If any group can be considered "evil" its coil, alot of their stuff is completely inspired by Chaos Magick.

Velvet Acid Christ is kind of like Skazi of the EBM world. Icon of Coil are probly even more goa influenced i would say.

For allied vision check out - man must be overcome or OS bandwidth, its more old school industrial sounding but with a ton of layers. this is probly the best dark album though:

220307[/snapback]

Okay I actually remember that I heard some songs by Coil that said Hellraiser next to them. You can probably download them. I wonder why Clive Barker didn't use some of them if they were well-done spooky, but anyway .. I checked out the link on amazon. I like some of the melodies on Mind Strip and the dark style of it. I just find it ashame that the hardcore, death metal, or whatever-its-called singing is on virtually every track, because this was my same problem with Velvit Acid Christ, who has several tracks with lots of layers of melodies. Few have no singing on it, and I think its the samples that make that one album as dark as I say it is, and in a good way for what it is.

But its ironic that you seem not to like Velvit Acid Christ. If you look at the reviews at the amazon link you posted to Mind Strip, almost every person reccommends or relates some way, that if you like this... (Mind Strip) you should check out or its similar to VAC. Anyway, tastes differ I realize.

I'm curious to know if there are any groups in this sub-genra that have these dark, atmospheric, melodies songs, etc.. but without the singing, other than say, psy or goa. I've listened to Apoptygma Berserk (I think thats how you spell) and they have some really cool and sometimes dark, melodic songs with melodies, but some of it is too fluffy. It seems to be a cross between techno, pop, and trance ... and I read its future-pop from some people, but some songs seem pretty psychedelic and catchy with layers of melodies and the singing is clear and not harsh, but the singing nonetheless can get too fluffy and distracting at times also.

• 5 months later...