RA

shaman of sound

He was originally on second Dimension 5 album Second Phaze. He released To Sirius the same year as that album, in 2000 and he is Norwegian. And, yes, that album is masterpiece. It is maybe the last goa trance album made. He hasn't released anything since, except of one ambient track somewhere. That is strange, cause after To Sirius, he promised us that he will release another 2 albums, one goa trance one and one ambient. I know I was so hot for it back then, in 2000, and here it is, for almost 5 years, we are waiting for that to happen. I find it very strange cause this guy wasn't amateur when he started, he was already in the scene, colaborating with Dimension 5. I still hope that he will release something soon but no news....

Well, if he's still working and thinking about the next album. I am shure it will be amazing. But as you said, it's been 5 years. Maybe his next album wount be real "Goa". Anyway.. As long as it's intelligent, i dont care. Just gimme gimme :)

jesus, seraph is like encyclopedia on tunes.

i've got to hear the guy behind RA first as dimension 5 (with some other guys) when they were releasing stuff on blue moon production label. don't know if he released stuff before that. blue moon went under (guess the thailand venture didn't turn out too viable - i think many psy labels experienced financial difficulty around '01), and i've got one or two later releases of dimension 5 after the RA guy (sorry, can't remember the name) left the team - it's pure crap, i'm afraid.

only ra album i have is 'sirius', which is quite good and melodic (some of the samples sound bit amateurish, though). if you like that, try to get your hands on some d5 albums - there were two i think, can't remember their names - gotta get off the damn booze. oh, 'tribes of the moon' is quite good. somehow it reminds me of 'rave alarm' from back when.

I always found ra more goa trance then dimension 5 first album Transdimensional

... transdimensional sounded a little bit to commerical to me... but it ain't, just got that feelling... still their next album Second Phaze was pure 100% goatrance just the way I like it... :D

Transdimensional is more 100% pure goa trance than Second Phaze cause there are few oriental influenced psychedelic perfections on Transdimensional where Second Phaze has more mellow tracks. But, for me both of those albums are cream crop of Goa trance...

i've got one or two later releases of dimension 5 after the RA guy (sorry, can't remember the name) left the team - it's pure crap, i'm afraid.

Could you please look up the name of these releases? I thought the "Second Phaze" album was the last/latest release from Dimension 5.

well,

thanks alot for the information guy!

i know the album to sirius was released in nova tekk records, but i cant find it anywhere! not in psyshop nor any other record shop i'v been in. not even in noa tekk's website. can someone put the picture of the album cover please?

or us there a guy who is tired of this album and want to sell it?

i have the album on mp3, but all my other cd's are original, so i must have this too!

shaman of sound

Transdimensional is more 100% pure goa trance than Second Phaze cause there are few oriental influenced psychedelic perfections on Transdimensional where Second Phaze has more mellow tracks. But, for me both of those albums are cream crop of Goa trance...

207766[/snapback]

Transdimensional is on my top 3 albums.. But i dont have it :(

Could you please look up the name of these releases? I thought the "Second Phaze" album was the last/latest release from Dimension 5.

207791[/snapback]

I belive there is an album called Dimension 5 - Alien Artform, wich ias an Chill-out/ambient album, dont think its "the real" Dimension 5 who made it, but it might be the one you are talking about. Dont know wich record label it was released on thou!

I belive there is an album called Dimension 5 - Alien Artform, wich ias an Chill-out/ambient album, dont think its "the real" Dimension 5 who made it, but it might be the one you are talking about. Dont know wich record label it was released on thou!

207883[/snapback]

That is not "our" Dimension 5. Google provided the following:

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=%22ali...sion+5%22&meta=

As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with the psy-trance act Dimension 5.

He was originally on second Dimension 5 album Second Phaze. He released To Sirius the same year as that album, in 2000 and he is Norwegian. And, yes, that album is masterpiece. It is maybe the last goa trance album made. He hasn't released anything since, except of one ambient track somewhere. That is strange, cause after To Sirius, he promised us that he will release another 2 albums, one goa trance one and one ambient. I know I was so hot for it back then, in 2000, and here it is, for almost 5 years, we are waiting for that to happen. I find it very strange cause this guy wasn't amateur when he started, he was already in the scene, colaborating with Dimension 5. I still hope that he will release something soon but no news....

207692[/snapback]

RA isnt D5.

That is not "our" Dimension 5. Google provided the following:

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=%22ali...sion+5%22&meta=

As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with the psy-trance act Dimension 5.

207892[/snapback]

Agree on you there. Just thought it was the one u where talking about, hehe... But asfar I know, they just released two albums, Transdimensional and Second Phaze.

207766[/snapback]

true... big time... but transdimensional is more like morining trance to me and that sounds always more commercial (in my opinion)... but I believe that's always influenced about in which country you live... I've listened to transdemensional again & understand what you mean (I always want to get in people's head and feel what they feel ;) )... 'second phaze' has got that typical not overheated & oeverreacted sound, it's a bit shy and that makes it goa trance to me...

100% pure subjective interpretation so lots of respect to you seraph just sharing my thought to you... thought you would be intersested ;) ...

Well, of course, Rain, I accept other opinions as long as they are not spitting on some classics for just sake of spitting. I see what you mean about Second Phaze being less in your face as their first one but I quite like that wild in your face melodic lines and Transdimensional has over 100 melodies thru whole album and that makes it a little bit better for my taste...

Well, of course, Rain, I accept other opinions as long as they are not spitting on some classics for just sake of spitting. I see what you mean about Second Phaze being less in your face as their first one but I quite like that wild in your face melodic lines and Transdimensional has over 100 melodies thru whole album and that makes it a little bit better for my taste...

208244[/snapback]

100 melodies???? =) :lol:

Sweet B)