04. Communication 6:59

05. You forgot to Pray 5:35

06. Voice of Peace 7:35

07. Eye of the Dreamer 7:25

08. Fine 2:01

09. Oxygene 8:05

10. No more War, no more Justice 6:36

11. Shabale 8:05

I proudly present the first album of SFX, before they released his second album “The Unreleased Tracks 89-94”

1995 released Avi Nissim, Guy Sebbag and Yaniv Haviv the album Rainbirds on the German Label “Edel Company” with friendly permission from Pyramid Records.

I cannot exact to describe it, but will give my best. ;)

It is old school Trance with some Psytrance, Synth- and TB-303 sounds.

All in over sound the Album a little bit like Jean Michel Jarre goes to Trance and Dance. ;)

This album contains the original Version of the track “Another World” before they remixed it and released it on his project “Astral Projection”. It sounds not so aggressive like the Astral Projection mix.

“You forgot to Pray” is more a dark spherical Synthesizer song. It is creepy. ;)

The track Oxygene is a remixed version from Jean Michel Jarre’s Oxygene Part 4.

I like this album about his old sound. :)

:blink:

Oh my... I didn't know they had another album. Thats interesting. Isn't it a bit too late to be presenting this album?... or...

Where is this available to buy. Its not on psyshop. I have heard S.F.X.The Unreleased Tracks 89-94.” It was a good album for its time. Many people consider it a classic; the beginning of Astral Projection, which stopped making awesome music after their third or fourth main album, "Another World"!

Is it coming to be re-released, what is going on with it. Are they re-issuing it?

It is being brought up and mentioned here because??

I would like to hear this album.

Yes this is Astral's SFX.

There is the same three DJ's: Sebbag, Nissim & Haviv and Another World got the same melodie like the new version from Astral Projection.

But I think I got a unknown album from this Trio.

I don't want fooling you. I was surprised, as I bought this CD. That is already 2 years

ago.

If you want, I will upload some samples, with the lenght of 1 or 2 minutes, in low quality. :)

DAIM!!! Even I didn't know about this one :(

201093[/snapback]

I know! How the? What the...?!

What the hells wrong with this planet?! Like this album is more rare than Juno Reactor - Luciana.

I was supposed to know about this one too. :(

I can't believe it. I can't take it anymore! :angry:

Thats it. It's over!

I'm killing myself.

Cool. Wow thanks!, this is like, really old stuff and some incredible stuff evolved from these originals! Its not even in the reviews section on this site?!?! I wonder why. I never knew of this albums existance before. Its kind of interesting to listen to it after all this time. I still hope AP comes out with another amazing follow-up to their magical sound from back in the days of Another World and Dancing Galaxy, but something even more ambitious, abstract, imaginative, melodic, (layers) and absorbing. I know, I'm probably dreaming.

I wonder if phonokol has any copies of this original SFX album...

:unsure:

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I am surprised, that seem nobody know from this album. :blink:

Even in the Isratranceforum they don't know that. :blink:

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/48138/forum/1

202276[/snapback]

there's something strange about this release:

SFX is supposed to be composed of Avi Nissim & Lior Perlmutter according to Phonokol , and you're talkin about a SFX album made by Avi,Guy & Yanniv but not by Lior, strange isn't it?

When you know that today Astral projection is only Avi & Lior , & they always work together since the beginning (like in SFX - Butterfly Trip from 1994), how do you explain in your SFX album Lior didn't appear?

(i'm checkin the edel catalogue currently about this release)

Hey I don't knwo why is Perlmutter not listed on this CD.

Perhaps they forgot him to listed as producer or he had no time for this album.

A cut out from Isratrance & Chaishop:

Lior Perlmuter and Avi Nissim first met at elementary school at the age of nine. Lior started working with synthesizers at the age of eleven and two years later teamed up with Yaniv Haviv under the name Paradox. Even earlier Avi had already started DJing and performing in heavy industrial bands around Israel. In 1989 Lior and Avi first teamed up. Avi was already a well-known DJ (playing Acid, Techno, New Bit etc.). They created their first group and named it SFX (short for sound effects). They started doing gigs in all underground clubs around Israel and made their first breakthrough in 1991 with their single Monster Mania that came out on the Belgian Company Music Man. They started working on an album and later that year while Yaniv was still serving at the Israeli army, they decided to try their luck at the big apple.

After a short time Avi went back home to carry on developing his own music, while Lior stayed and worked in a sound studio, remixing, producing and working as a sound technician. In 1992 through Lior's work, they released a single called JBIE under their own label X-Rave Records in the US. In 1993, while Lior was still in the USA, Avi teamed up with Yaniv and Guy Sebbag under the name SFX and they released a single called Another World under Trigger in Germany.

I can only suppose, that this Album was in the time between 1992/1993 developed.

Don't ask me why is it not most known and why is it only released in Germany.

Ask Sebbag, Nissim and Haviv himself.

About the way: The single Another World was released on Pyramyd Records, not on Trigger and the permission from the album Rainbirds is from Pyramid Records.

Look here: http://www.discogs.com/release/313345 and here http://www.discogs.com/label/Trigger <-- No SFX

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i've checked on Edel, i didn't find anything, but on strange online music shop SFX - Rainbirds is available and dated from 1995 as you said, unfortunatly i didn't manage to get the tracklist or even a cover, just a price & the delivery time is mentionned... :huh:

Yep i saw the pyramid thread on discog it's interesting, i also check the first release of Pyramid it's funny coz the track is co-produced by someone called Barber (i was wondering by pure magical random if it was Nick Doof :) )

I think there is or there are two SFX's:

1. SFX = Nissim and Perlmutter

2. S.F.X. = Nissim, Sebbag and Haviv.

Or there are the same but at the beginning they written S.F.X. and later SFX.

But it is only a theorie. ;)

I have just one question about Astral Projection.

Are these guys ever going to release a new main album anytime soon???

Anyone?

there's something strange about this release:

SFX is supposed to be composed of Avi Nissim & Lior Perlmutter according to Phonokol , and you're talkin about a SFX album made by Avi,Guy & Yanniv but not by Lior, strange isn't it?

When you know that today Astral projection is only Avi & Lior , & they always work together since the beginning (like in SFX - Butterfly Trip from 1994), how do you explain in your SFX album Lior didn't appear?

(i'm checkin the edel catalogue currently about this release)

202277[/snapback]

It could be some sort of bootleg-type thing, or a promo, which never was released officially. However, just like the other SFX album, it isn't good if you ask me.