pleiadians

ritual om

The latest piece of news (well, rather rumor) I heard was that Max and Maurizio definitely gave up the Pleiadians project.

Some say that Andrea and Carlo were responsible for the groundbreaking music Pleiadians produced on IFO and FOL, and that the project was condemned from the day both left the band anyway.

That said, they however made a track under the Pleiadians alias for the recently published "Fairy Tales" compilation, "Photonik Part 2".

If someone has sound news, I'd be interested.

J.

Some say that Andrea and Carlo were responsible for the groundbreaking music Pleiadians produced on IFO and FOL, and that the project was condemned from the day both left the band anyway.

199810[/snapback]

What do you mean you say Andrea and Carlo were responsible for the music Pleiadians produced, and it was condemned from that day they left??? Did someone copy or steal someone else's idea's? Could you please ellaborate?

I ABSOLUTELY find I.F.O. AWESOME! You will rarely ever hear me say that word with psytrance and goa albums. I reserve that word for the few most amazing albums that I've ever heard - ever made!

Family of Light has taken about 4 years to grow on me. I hated this album once and said that I.F.O. was so much better. (I still find I.F.O. better personally) One day in 2004, several years later, I had an urge to own F.O.L. I don't know why but I searched and searched and finally found and ordered a copy... put on my headphones, and the opening track... Headspin is just INCREDIBLE! I mean, WOW!!!

I love how intricate, twisting, complex, melodic, catchy, crazy, vivid, insane, beautiful, amped-up, and ambitious and CREATIVE and IMAGINATIVE it is! Also, the last track is really good and several in the middle are extremely creative and catchy. Even the once-hated UNIVERSE 13, though I find it the least tasteful, is unique like all the other tracks in its own way. I once hated this whole album except for Headspin, but ever since my very harsh reviews on this site, in the old review section on Pleiadians - Family of Light, I've come to appreciate both of these albums. I finally "got" it.

Pleadians are RIGHT NOW better than 99% of all psytrance artists' albums EVER MADE to date! Like Hallucinogen and some of AP's earlier tracks, these people are some of the most rare and talented artists and creators in the world! Think about it. And I WISH THAT THEY'D RELEASE ANOTHER ALBUM! This music is incredible, how layered it is, it must have taken thousands of hours to finish BOTH ALBUMS, even though I REALIZE that the second album was less liked when compared to the first!

I wish they'd make another one... Why not, they are talented as hell. This is what they do best, right? Why not make another masterpiece???!!!

Can someone address my question above,

have a nice day! :rolleyes:

What do you mean you say Andrea and Carlo were responsible for the music Pleiadians produced, and it was condemned from that day they left??? Did someone copy or steal someone else's idea's? Could you please ellaborate?

First off, I never sit at the table with those Fab Four. Anyway, from what I understood, reading here and there, they all had a more or less specific role in the band : Max was/is the leader, deciding in which direction the band should go. Carlo and Andrea were reportedly the melodic brains of the band, Carlo for the melodies and Andrea for the scales. As for Maurizio, he was in charge of arrangements.

J.

Anyway, from what I understood, reading here and there, they all had a more or less specific role in the band

199842[/snapback]

Okay, I get it. The group may have split up. Man, thats really ashame if thats what happened, but I'd rather have two classics than a new style album by Pleadians thats inferior when compared to both albums. Now when I think of Pleadians I think of greatness because they never put out a dud or a bad album like so many artists that rush an album once every year. I can't stand those artists. Anyway, Pleadians rock. Maybe one day they'll get together again. I wonder why people left the group... Those Italians made some unforgettable music. Now it may be over for eternity. :(

my headphones, and the opening track... Headspin is just INCREDIBLE! I mean, WOW!!!

199834[/snapback]

headspin is the best... what a perfect superstructure to a slight melody just 5 seconds of joy when it's perfect and then vanish away into a motivating bass line... I heard it for the first time at dragonfly records classix II... and has been for a very long time my number one and favourite song...

still prefer I.F.O. though :D

I tend to prefer Family Of Light over IFO. IFO was stunning back then, but compared to FOL it sounds quite dated today. Tracks like Meter, Headspin and the 16-minute journey Modulation are still excellent tracks in my opinion, and one of the reasons why I consider FOL one of the best psychedelic trance albums ever made.

To me, their both albums are masterpieces but also singles they released : TIME DILATION, JUNGLE TRAX, SONIC SYSTEM, PLEIADIANS. There is not going to be third Pleiadians album, and what would be the point without melodies and harmonies ?

I wonder why people left the group...

199844[/snapback]

To turn toward new horizons I guess : Carlo got invested in a Lounge album (Shambala Daedalus) with the bassist Saturnino. As for Andrea, he is said to have definitely left the (electronic) music world.

J.

Pleiadians - Electra is my favourite music ever. Till now no music has taken me so "far" as Electra. It´s light years away from anything i know.

FOL never grew on me. I find it strange that i love IFO and can t really enjoy FOL.

Anyway i think its a wise decision for them not to launch a new album if they see it´s not quality stuff (like some other old school producers do!)

I´ve seen Etnicas stuff and its nothing that special imo.

Ifo still stands imortal, true piece of art!