how to start a full on gig

fohat

Hi there,

yes i know not the most original topic but i thought it is time to ask again.

So in playing a Full On set I find it always so hard to find the right entry. I know it depends always on the crowd, the time and the DJ before, but I made the experience that there are always perfect tracks to start with, totally independent of the things said above. And I'm talking about a Full On set which starts in the middle of the night...

So for some month I went along with Exaile's Radio Edit. It worked always very good to get the crowd into the groove.

How about you guys out there, what is your perfect entry, maybe with tracks came out lately?

Thx for your comments

Fohat

in the night i'd start with dark nebula - lucifer in the sky with diamonds :] this one's got great intro :) now seriously - i think that artifakt-right foot (piano intro) is good for a start of night fullon set (not darkpsy madness). but maybe this track is overused.

Has somebody here ever tried to start a full-on gig with a short sequenze from a chill out track? Just to calm down the dancers and then to start the madness with something full-on crazy. That's what I would do, but I don't know if this would work.

My mind go to altöm - groove control (the track) with the slow part ... a whole track which progressively enter in some sweet full on.

But entering in a full on set is pretty easy .. start with goa ... morning .. and full on, you can find some artist in each style to evolve in your set.

The hardest for me is to returning back to a ambiant part after full on :).

if advice for that , give me.. :)

• 2 weeks later...