New Juno Reactor album

DeathPosture

This was posted both on IsraTrance and SonicBlend - but I thought I might posts it here as well in case someone was interested...

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

Posted Image

coming oct 26 on Metropolis Records

http://www.metropolis-records.com/

Tracklisting:

01. Conquistador I

02. Conquistador II mp3 sample

03. Giant

04. Wardogs

05. Mona Lisa Overdrive

06. Zwara mp3 sample

07. Mutant Message

08. Angels and Men

09. Navras

Promotional info:

For 2004 Metropolis Records is excited to release Juno Reactor's latest album Labyrinth. Featuring elements from rock and world combined with trance style beats and orchestral sounds, Labyrinth explores yet another side of Juno Reactor's unique musical approach. Several tracks demonstrate a mellower and more soothing sound through the use of extraordinary female vocals and the piano, thus diversifying Juno Reactor's already unparalleled sound. Set for release in October, Labyrinth is sure to capture fans worldwide.

A couple of familiar tracks from the Matrix OST's... I'm looking forward to this one for sure... ;o)

Posted Image

DeathPosture

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give it a try, but if I don't like it, I will not buy it :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

198182[/snapback]

Since I am a collector I will buy it. I have everything from them and Eat Static... but I must admit that they have not impressed me lately at all :(

Since I am a collector I will buy it. I have everything from them and Eat Static... but I must admit that they have not impressed me lately at all :(

198185[/snapback]

Iam a collector too, but I will not buy it, just to buy it. I have nothing with Juno Reactor this far, because I have not taken the time, to give him/them a try.

Maybe I should try to give it a try!! :P

:D he he at least its not Full On !

198188[/snapback]

Let us see, they might surprise us! ;)

Iam a collector too, but I will not buy it, just to buy it. I have nothing with Juno Reactor this far, because I have not taken the time, to give him/them a try.

Maybe I should try to give it a try!! :P

Let us see, they might surprise us! ;)

198197[/snapback]

Well, I mean that I have everything with Juno and EatStatic. Thats what I meant. I dont collect wildly everything that gets released. Juno and EatS changed the way I was looking at Psy many years ago, they have kind of inspired me a lot in the things that I am doing now. I will always support them for their creativenes. Well many groups do, but then I would be pretty broke at the end of the month and no food for us here at home hehehe.

I think that it sends a wrong message to buy something that you don't like. Shouldn't buying something mean that you like what the artist is doing and want to support that? Especially a well established name like JR, I'm sure they get by and money would be better spent to someone less known whose work you do like.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this album. A lot of old masters have disappointed me lately, will JR succeed where others have failed? :) Although I like their first albums the best, they haven't failed me yet...

I think that it sends a wrong message to buy something that you don't like. Shouldn't buying something mean that you like what the artist is doing and want to support that? Especially a well established name like JR, I'm sure they get by and money would be better spent to someone less known whose work you do like.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this album. A lot of old masters have disappointed me lately, will JR succeed where others have failed? :) Although I like their first albums the best, they haven't failed me yet...

198207[/snapback]

I didnt say that I totally dislike it. They just didnt make anything that was as good as the first 2 albums. They also played the best live acts that I have ever heard/seen, thats enough for me to support them, to have them going. I know what you mean though. I want all the records, because I collect them.

Well established or not, money or not, they deserve my support I think. Without people like me they might not be able to do what they wanted?

Well, I mean that I have everything with Juno and EatStatic. Thats what I meant.

198203[/snapback]

I know mate..

I dont collect wildly everything that gets released. Juno and EatS changed the way I was looking at Psy many years ago, they have kind of inspired me a lot in the things that I am doing now. I will always support them for their creativenes. Well many groups do, but then I would be pretty broke at the end of the month and no food for us here at home hehehe.

198203[/snapback]

I know excactly, what you are talking about. The same feeling has infected me.

From time to time I get an "artistmania" and must buy all the releases from an artist. This is pretty expensive occasionally, but what the hack?

But if you find an artist too late, it can be a problem to find all his/her/their albums in time, if they are not going to be printed anymore, you have a problem. I hvae triede this with lots of artists, but I have been lucky several times, and unlucky several times also.

Take care now, bye bye then!!

Wow!!!!! I want this album! Will it be available to listen to and buy off psyshop???

Actually, Zwara has the "Matrix Reloadeds" Mona lisa Overdrive song influence, which is still cool.

But I am surprised JUNO REACTOR put on two tracks that already have been released on the soundtrack to Matrix Reloaded. Couldn't they have come up with all new songs for their next main album instead of songs we've already heard???

Oh well... 7 new tracks I suppose is still a cool thing. :)

But I am surprised JUNO REACTOR put on two tracks that already have been released on the soundtrack to Matrix Reloaded. Couldn't they have come up with all new songs for their next main album instead of songs we've already heard???

Agreed, especially since it's not like they put out new albums too often, when was Shango released again...? The least you'd expect is previously unreleased material. But I guess these days you have to settle for little.

I posted this on a goa mailing listed earlier today, but it fits here as well...

The new Juno Reactor actually came out here in Japan yesterday and I just picked it up earlier today and have been listening to it non-stop since. I'm happy to report that it is damn good. Yes a couple of the best tracks from the Matrix period are on here, but they fit the vibe of the album great.

Two Digress for a minute, for people who want to complain that the Matrix tracks are "old" tracks, keep in mind that Ben Watkins started working on this album before doing the Matrix project and also worked on it during the break between the films so from his point of view the Matrix tracks are part of the same period of production. Also for me it is nice that these tracks are here since I didn't want to drop the money on two different soundtracks for only a couple of tracks. Also this pattern is pretty consistant with how Juno has released in the past anyways (for example Pistolero was released a long time before Shango came out). Anyways, some people will complain regardless, so I guess there is nothing much I can do about that.

Anyways, this album definately has Juno's most heavy use of real instruments so far, but a lot of the names are farmiliar from previous Juno albums and there is a TON of tribal stuff going on as well as a lot of orchestral and vocal action as well.

As usual the album ranges from semi standard straight forward Juno tracks to ambient bits to even some Drum and Bass (with real drums, athough I'm sure psy purists will complain anyways). For me the opening two tracks, Conquistador 1 and 2 might possibly the best thing Juno has put out before. Usually I am a bit cold on the new materials the first time I hear a new Juno Reactor album, but my reaction to Conquistador was along the lines of "this might even be Shpongle quality material". Angels and Men is also a fantastic ambient piece as well. All and all this listener is pretty happy with Labyrinth.