Trolsk
Members-
Posts
1418 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
26
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Trolsk
-
Lame
-
E-WATT Records Present Toi Doi-New Album Psyring t
Trolsk replied to toidoi's topic in Artist News and Labels announcements
Wooow! The samples do sound excellent, full on the old school way; psychedelic mind shattering music! Oh, and I really like that tech edge. -
Megalopsy & derango anybody want to ask anything?
Trolsk replied to RAH's topic in General Psytrance
Are they devil worshippers and do they want to sodomize coke sniffing prog listeners? -
Let's try some reverse psychology: Please, continue to tell us what the scene should be like, it looks really laid back and grown up.
-
anyone know when Battle of the future Buddhas will
Trolsk replied to Manuser's topic in General Psytrance
That is the kind of new thinking our scene needs, go for it! -
How about a cover flirting with terrorism in days of terror, that's totally lame too: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/exp/exp1cd004.html I don't know about you people, but it's the midsummer weekend and I don't plan on spending it infront of the computer; I'm gonna go and blow up some christians in my new cool glow in the dark skeleton costume. Love and light, avatars!
-
No. Consumtion is being standardised.
-
Sorry, mate, it still doesn't upset me, but I see your point. I mean, evil anti-christ covers/music is just old news in a modern society.
-
Isn't it a bit ironic that a thread about devil/hell themed music turns into a flame war?
-
As far as I can see the album is called The World of Peace and on the cover there's a saint shaking hands with a demon, or am I mistaken? I don't understand what's so pathetic about that, could you please elaborate?
-
This isn't a low priced CD, it's a magazine including a free promo cd: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/rev/rev1cd004.html
-
What kind of reasoning is that? There's plenty of sharp and serious people out there doing drugs.
-
It could be a reaction to the hippie flower power part of the scene. Back in the days Matsuri launched their Let it RIP compilation, saying goodbye to goa trance. The hell theme is just a way of showing that something new has emerged and I strongly doubt the artists are satanists. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the new dark psy-trance comes from South Africa and as far as I know, catholicism is quite strong there, so it might be a "revolt" that needs to be viewed on a national level, in some cases. Some of these track names do accurately describe the music, so maybe the question shouldn't be about the track names, but rather the intense fuck up factor of the music? Then again, Goa Gil would say it's all about catharsis and the dark music has its place in a psy party just as the sweet melodic morning music. He seems to be really into the dark psy-trance these days, and I'm pretty sure he's not a devil worshipping kind of guy. Nice topic, btw.
-
If he doesn't slam his guitar in your face for asking these questions it will be a classic interview. Good luck!
-
That's it! You nailed it, good work, mate!
-
It's not as good as that tune. For 1 minute and 6 seconds it's the return of Sandman, but then, there's the bassline we all love to hate followed by the usual full on break trickery. As I wrote above, not badly executed and above average, but full on none the less. Seeing as this is the first actual Sandman release in five years I can't help but feel disappointed. One of my alltime favorite albums.
-
Do you laugh all the way to the bank?
-
A lot of us have been waiting for Sandman to return and deliver new psychedelic music. His two albums, Witchcraft and Psycho Toons, both had an individually unique sound. Psycho Toons was released in 2000 and since then there hasn't been any Sandman tunes. In 2004 there started to appear a couple of collaborations featuring Sandman. Now, finally, there's a new Sandman tune on the latest TIP World compilation, Imagi:nations Part 1 Night. The unique Sandman sound is however gone, now it's full on all the way. Not badly executed and above average compared to full on in general, but still a confirmation to the established sound of the israeli psy scene. Sandman must be an unknown name to most kids these days, and those of us who do recognize his name will be disappointed. I'm all for change, but this change is such a huge departure from his former sound that it would have been a wiser move to start another project from scratch and let the Sandman project fade away with its dignity intact.
-
Variation is the key, noone can dance to 150 bpm for too long, and 134 has a tendency to get boring.
-
Yeah, mate, we all got that, or thought we got it, until he made the following reply:
-
...if you download, buy the stuff you like.
-
Groovy, extroverted, lighthearted, atmospheric, melodic, bouncy, warm, this is what morning music is all about, and Magnetrixx Wired has it all. Love it! Edit: Forgot to mention that the cover art is one of the best in a very long time.
-
Welcome aboard! Here's a couple of gems that will give you an overview of the broad psy-trance genre, and they shouldn't be too hard to find either: Filteria - Sky Input Misted Muppet - From the Legend Midimiliz - Non Standards Magnetrixx - Wired Son Kite - Colours V/A - Aspara V/A - Chronika Chapter 2 V/A - Unusual Suspects You can preview tracks at: http://www.psyshop.com/ http://www.saikosounds.com/english/ Have fun!
-
Here's another: Proteus
