Promotional Area.

Guest djnemo

Dear members of Psynews,

It was brought to our attention that maybe we would need a promotional area for various types of artists. We are thinking of creating a new section within our community which will be called:

Promotional Area

Post your promotional products here: dj mixes, free tracks, radio stream shows, art work, photos, links, etc.

There are diffrent types of structures on how we could build this area, so let us take you through the diffrent types.

1. One main section, with all types of promotional products, all together.

Please take into consideration that in this case, some people may think that certain types of promotional topics will not get enough attention; on the other hand, other people might enjoy this type of layout, because they think that people who post promotional products will know how to get the readers' interested, by choosing a "good title" for their topic.

or

2. One main section with subforums, and each subforum will have the above mentioned profiles (mixes, tracks, stream shows, art work). Meaning that if you would like to see Deco and art for example, you go to that subforum.

In this case, some people might complain that their topics would get isolated, because the readers would find themselves having to perform an extra-click while surfing psynews, and we all know this can turn into a "ah nevermind" thing; while other people might think that the section would look more organised and people would not have to browse through all the section searching for a certain type of promotional product.

We understand that there will be a lot of diffrent views on this, and would like that you vote in the poll, how you would like to see this section. Of course, the dj mixes currently located in the Music Making section will be moved to the Promotional Area.

Discuss.

Guest Elysium

I also voted for Option 2.

414955[/snapback]

Traitor!! You agreed with me that one big forum without sub's was better. Did the other evil mods convince you? I am very dissapointed in you :(

:P:P:P

I voted 1 and I will campaign for it. Who voted with me? We do not need more subforums DP...bastard!!!! :angry:

:):):)

Edited by Elysium

Traitor!!  You agreed with me that one big forum without sub's was better.  Did the other evil mods convince you?  I am very dissapointed in you :(

:P  :P  :P

I voted 1  and I will campaign for it. Who voted with me?    We do not need more subforums DP...bastard!!!!  :angry:

:)  :)  :)

415164[/snapback]

LOL I did? :P

Well then I've changed my mind :)

Guest Elysium

Yes I did :D

That idea just sucked Kris I'm sorry ;):D

415182[/snapback]

Bastard... No more Danish Beer for you.. You are now offically banned from Carlsberg and Tuborg's. Pripps Blå is your drink now :angry:

:)

Guest Elysium

Can I drink Harboe? :)

415187[/snapback]

You are banned from all danish products except´danish produced Feta Cheese and Salmonella chickens.

*cruel* "where's the devil smiley?"

You are banned from all danish products except´danish produced Feta Cheese and Salmonella chickens.

*cruel*  "where's the devil smiley?"

415192[/snapback]

Fuck! No more Pölse for me :(

Anyway...Concerning the subforums will work better in the long run. And it wont become a bloody mess like General ;)

If you want to find an old mix (or whatever). You don't wanna search and stuff do you? ;)

Guest Elysium

Anyway...Concerning the subforums will work better in the long run. And it wont become a bloody mess like General ;)

If you want to find an old mix (or whatever). You don't wanna search and stuff do you? ;)

415196[/snapback]

The idea is not sold to me. :angry: I refuse to use the subforums. I want my own private promotional forum dammit. Elysium's Egocentric Forum with no whatsoever sub's.

:) deal?

Traitor!!  You agreed with me that one big forum without sub's was better.  Did the other evil mods convince you?  I am very dissapointed in you :(

:P  :P  :P

I voted 1  and I will campaign for it. Who voted with me?    We do not need more subforums DP...bastard!!!!  :angry:

:)  :)  :)

415164[/snapback]

i voted 1 :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Yes I did :D

That idea just sucked Kris I'm sorry ;):D

415182[/snapback]

biatch :P!

Bastard... No more Danish Beer for you.. You are now offically banned from Carlsberg and Tuborg's.  Pripps Blå is your drink now  :angry:

415186[/snapback]

yeah!

Can I drink Harboe? :)

415187[/snapback]

no, but you can drink danish piss anytime :lol:

Let me add, that option 2 would NOT look like Musicmaking "Check out my Tracks". It would look like the Reviews Section, where EACH year has its own forum kind of.

Of course, the dj mixes currently located in the Music Making section will be moved to the Promotional Area.

414890[/snapback]

will the "artist news and lable anouncemets" section also be moved to the promotional area? or will that stay seperate, i mean that is promotion too, isnt it.... and while i am not a signerd artist, but certainly playing live, would i also post in this section to promote myself, like i saw a post by analog pussys booking agency for example...or even the booking community your part of?

Let me add, that option 2 would NOT look like Musicmaking "Check out my Tracks". It would look like the Reviews Section, where EACH year has its own forum kind of.

415478[/snapback]

if every year has its own promotional area will we all need a 126 inch monitor to read psynews? :P just a thought...it might all get a bit confusing...

will the "artist news and lable anouncemets" section also be moved to the promotional area? or will that stay seperate, i mean that is promotion too, isnt it.... and while i am not a signerd artist, but certainly playing live, would i also post in this section to promote myself, like i saw a post by analog pussys booking agency for example...or even  the booking community your part of?

if every year has its own promotional area will we all need a 126 inch monitor to read psynews? :P  just a thought...it might all get a bit confusing...

415536[/snapback]

Question 1: yes

Question 2: do you find the reviews confusing? :)

err, nemo, don't confuse the guy

we will have 2 different sections:

Artist News and Labels announcements

For labels/artists: promote upcomming/new releases, artist interviews and other news here

Promotional Area

Post here your products: dj mixes, free tracks, radio stream shows, art work, links, etc.

so first section will be for and about signed artists, labels.

the second section will be for both signed and unsigned artists.

err, nemo, don't confuse the guy

we will have 2 different sections:

Artist News and Labels announcements

For labels/artists: promote upcomming/new releases, artist interviews and other news here

Promotional Area

Post here your products: dj mixes, free tracks, radio stream shows, art work, links, etc.

so first section will be for and about signed artists, labels.

the second section will be for both signed and unsigned artists.

415658[/snapback]

well i personaly think that the division into 2 promotional areas will result in a lot of double postings...

correct me if im wrong: imo for most artists for whom this board is relevant, a release is a promotional tool to get the "gigs". and as we all know a gig pays (in most cases) more than a release on a compi....

so while the music making (and check out my tracks) section is more about artists and technology freaks to exchange their ideas, a promotional platform could server the purpose of advertising, like the "artist news and label anouncements". so why have 2 sections.

so as you see moni im not confused. ;) ..ive spend alot of time and money on promoting my act in the past. thats why this part of the forum is of special interest to me and im sure others using this board as well.

Question 1: yes

Question 2: do you find the reviews confusing? :)

415633[/snapback]

haha...:D i dont find the reviews confusing, but 5 years down the line, this forum will be really full, thats all i meant.

soooooooo...

i think you guys have some internal discussions ahead of you..... ;)

depends what type of promotion you are going for. i will try to explain this by using "music" as an example (that doesn't mean i am excluding other forms of art, it's just an example):

- say you are an artist, who releases a new album. you want to promote your release by announcing it, by informing people about it and giving them link to your product, to test it and buy it. you're making it "official". for this you might as well go to the place specially created for labels and artists, Artist News and Labels announcements. i think this section is described pretty clearly: For labels/artists: promote upcomming/new releases, artist interviews and other news here

- say you are an artist (music producer or a dj) and you want to promote your work by offering a product, a free product, a type of product that isn't compatible with the description "for labels/artists: announcements ...". this cathegory includes unsigned artists, signed artists offering a free track, or a dj mix, or maybe samples, and so on. for this type you will use the Promotional Area.

also, we have a pinned thread in the General section, called Psynews FAQ. then there is also PM. people can ask anytime. and if some will post double threads, we'll be around to guide them. though i think we have explained pretty well the idea. but for further explanations, i'm here.