crop circles - pentagone

astralprojection

can anyone please share the original track Pentagone - (yes that was it was called back then) before Daft Records got a hold of it.

i have it on one of my cds from way back then, but its destroyed, no cd player will read it anymore. It's from the late 90s or early 00s, don't remember. 

on youtube its nowhere to be found either

discogs you say? well its a mess

everything is daft records now.

daft.png

3 hours ago, Mantra604 said:

original Pentagone track never released official  -imo -

but you can find that at 'soulseek' or 'rutracker' etc filesharing site.. (mp3 only)

hmm, thats right.. it wasnt. But i did have it on cd back then, where did i even get it from ? 🤔 i mean tetrahedron. oh well, maybe not, it was a while ago. im not really that interested in pirate places but i suppose if thats the only way ? then thats the only way. 

im curious though, where did the pirates from back then, get it from? what is the original source? i guess is my question. im talking 98-00 around that time. i think i used either napster or audiogalaxy or some sht like that back then to get the most goa trance tracks. really curious where they ripped it from...

thanks mantra604

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 1:31 PM, astralprojection said:

hmm, thats right.. it wasnt. But i did have it on cd back then, where did i even get it from ? 🤔 i mean tetrahedron. oh well, maybe not, it was a while ago. im not really that interested in pirate places but i suppose if thats the only way ? then thats the only way. 

im curious though, where did the pirates from back then, get it from? what is the original source? i guess is my question. im talking 98-00 around that time. i think i used either napster or audiogalaxy or some sht like that back then to get the most goa trance tracks. really curious where they ripped it from...

thanks mantra604

Yeah Audiogalaxy was full of unreleased tracks.

4 hours ago, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

astralprojection & Mantra604, are U both sure an original (different anyway) version of "Pentagone" exists, apart from the "Tetrahedron" one..??!!

I am really surprised, as i had no idea about it..

i would assume from the auracle promo version from 1998? it somehow reached the internet back then thats for sure. not sure where it did came from though. all i know is i had most of tetrahedron on a cd, and pentagon was called pentagone.

i also seem to remember pentagone coming from a compilation cd, but according to discogs that never happened.

On 12/18/2023 at 4:38 AM, astralprojection said:

pentagon was called pentagone

I searched for "Crop Circles - Pentagone" and found some 128kbps MP3.

Track time is 9:02 and it is exactly the same as the "Tetrahedron" one... And i can assure you that i am a connoisseur on the CC / Etnica / Pleiadians stuff..

You can check it out yourself..

On 12/18/2023 at 4:38 AM, astralprojection said:

pentagone coming from a compilation cd, but according to discogs that never happened

Indeed, "Pentagon(e)" never made it to any compilation, in any kind of format..

IMO, there's never been any alternate version of the track. It was just circulating in P2P sites as "Pentagone", before its official release, but it was the same track.

I was discussing this with a friend, who was involved (and still does) in DAT Records releases and is aware of the unreleased stuff found in the DATs of Etnica. He has never seen or heard about a different version of the track..

3 hours ago, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

Track time is 9:02 and it is exactly the same as the "Tetrahedron" one... And i can assure you that i am a connoisseur on the CC / Etnica / Pleiadians stuff..

IMO, there's never been any alternate version of the track. It was just circulating in P2P sites as "Pentagone", before its official release, but it was the same track.

I was discussing this with a friend, who was involved (and still does) in DAT Records releases and is aware of the unreleased stuff found in the DATs of Etnica. He has never seen or heard about a different version of the track..

You who seem knowledgeable on the Crop Circles subject, any info on the track Ghost Circles? 

All I can find is a deleted page on the DAT website, via google. Was it something planned that never materialized? Or was it released on a digital EP which is no longer available?

Maybe I'm blind and it's on Discogs, but I can't find anything about it.

And yeah searching on youtube for anything with Crop Circles or Pleiadians get's a lot of non-music related noise. lol

IMG_8184.jpeg

5 hours ago, Parasphere said:

any info on the track Ghost Circles?

Despite the fact it has been released on the reissue of "Lunar Civilization EP", for the time being i have no idea if or where it can be purchased from..

Etnica refused to renew their contract with DAT Records, when it expired some years ago and demanded the label to remove all their music from all platforms. That's why no Etnica / Pleiadians / CC music is available at DAT Records Back Catalogue Bandcamp page. Etnica recently started releasing their music again under Classic Goa Trax, but i have no idea what is going to happen with their "DAT Records" past releases..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

Despite the fact it has been released on the reissue of "Lunar Civilization EP", for the time being i have no idea if or where it can be purchased from..

Etnica refused to renew their contract with DAT Records, when it expired some years ago and demanded the label to remove all their music from all platforms. That's why no Etnica / Pleiadians / CC music is available at DAT Records Back Catalogue Bandcamp page. Etnica recently started releasing their music again under Classic Goa Trax, but i have no idea what is going to happen with their "DAT Records" past releases..

Aha nice! I had no idea it had been added to that classic EP as a re-release. Thanks for the heads up! 

https://www.discogs.com/release/7515173-Crop-Circles-Lunar-Civilization-EP

So this was digital only then I suppose? 

Weird with the 192kbps bitrate only? Was it somekind of soundcloud only promo thingy? Imagine the mastering effort, for a target of streaming/mp3 only. Oh well, The mini-disc era wasn't to advanced either after all. And we were happy in those days too. :) 

On 12/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

Actually not.. It also came out in CD and lossless digital formats.

Check this out: https://www.discogs.com/master/33875-Crop-Circles-Lunar-Civilization

Merry Xmas and happy 2024, brother..! 🎅

Oh nice thanks! Just when one thinks one has heard it all. There's always that one thing on the horizon waiting to be discovered! :D And Merry X-mas ideed brethren and sistren of Psynews.

On 12/24/2023 at 3:06 PM, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

Yeah it's from the Auracle 1998 promo cassette then, and the pirates called it pentagone. Maybe it was just a misspelling. All I know is that I had the near full tetrahedron back then as I'm sure most people had. Even though it wasn't properly released. I think the mystique added to it alot. I like the 98 grimey underground version more than the cleaned up remastered dat version though :)

3 hours ago, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

Some interesting links that make things clear:

- Crop Circles - Tetrahedron ?

- crop_circles_-_tetrahedron-(unreleased_album)-dat-1997-angel

- Discogs Release # 543012

Case closed, right..?? 😉

Yup you cracked the case. Congratulations. 

But who leaked the 97/98 version, who mastered it? And why was it never official. And why does that 97/98 version of the track sound so good.. Because if it was good I'd put it on at least a Goa Head, Distance, and Tantrance cds... Something must have happened. You got those answers aswell? 

It just doesn't make sense.. 

On 12/28/2023 at 8:48 PM, GeorgeMoonstoneD said:

Some interesting links that make things clear:

- Crop Circles - Tetrahedron ?

- crop_circles_-_tetrahedron-(unreleased_album)-dat-1997-angel

- Discogs Release # 543012

Case closed, right..?? 😉

Funny stuff, takes me back in time. :D This album sure had some mysterious aura around it. The backstory for why it wasn't released properly in the 90s would've made some nice background story for the remastered album booklet I think. 

Like they did with the Pleiadian I.F.O remaster, which has some background story regarding the Live tracks. Where it is stated that some DJ or party organizer had recorded some of their live-set unauthorized or something. So one has to assume, some similar scenario of how the Crop Circles mini disc, that Mars encountered in 1999 came into existence. Maybe a label or DJ leaked it, or yeah other Goa artists.

Could it be that part of the reason for why it wasn't released properly in the 90s, was due the fact that it got leaked back then? Or was it perhaps simply because Crop Circles as a group split? Anyhow it became somekind of viral Goa underground athem. Which is usually a good sign for unreleased music. Not that I know of any other unreleased Goa albums like this. One could always hope that there is some scrapped Hallucinogen album or similar waiting to be discovered. Buy yeah not too likely...

This was the holy Goa grail for sure. :)