Love for the artist Lunarave

MikroMakro

It's important to share when you love something, if you can also transmit the feeling. This dude is class, a committed artist. Up tempo often, likes a key change, likes to send hairs up on arms, loves a gorgeous pad, light and dark mixed together.. early stuff awesomely melodic.

Old and very beautiful.

Let this one inside and you will not regret it.. warm and thick in the lows. in my Top 10 psy tunes ever : )

Superb album.. a bit faster than I normally like but it's awesome...

This album warms on me, so many subtle beautiful melodic moments, has a truly mind opening

psychedelic style.

• Like 1

I was planning on creating a post just like yours. 🙂

Lunarave is the best thing to happen to psytrance in many years, his sound is actually psychedelic and there are some minor melodies sprinkled all over.

His sound and technique has really developed over the years. I personally prefer his current sound (think Transmigration album and onward) over this older tracks.

I've been following him for a couple of years and I have playlist with what I consider to be his best tracks:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/14aSgFTOuBrfavqh5iVleO?si=61c08f8a4fb34b25&pt=ae5f74c83c23e4a19d3997b9d2b1e7a8

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:43 AM, Trolsk said:

I was planning on creating a post just like yours. 🙂

Lunarave is the best thing to happen to psytrance in many years, his sound is actually psychedelic and there are some minor melodies sprinkled all over.

His sound and technique has really developed over the years. I personally prefer his current sound (think Transmigration album and onward) over this older tracks.

I've been following him for a couple of years and I have playlist with what I consider to be his best tracks:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/14aSgFTOuBrfavqh5iVleO?si=61c08f8a4fb34b25&pt=ae5f74c83c23e4a19d3997b9d2b1e7a8

He is one of my faves, kind of low key for a long time, maybe not getting the respect he deserves actually. You need to listen a little he likes his kick and bass up front which I personally like and behind melodies, melodies, melodies. I would be surprised if he does not know music theory or has some real musical knowledge either that or he is just great at intertwining track sections.

Myself I love his earlier sound it;s more colourful for me. Do you know who you are ? is great, the next album is warming on me but the more melody the better.

And yes actually psychedelic, he has these small moments, special transitions you don't hear much... not just a...... riser and a cymbal.

I tolerate his high tempo's as it is energizing, he keeps just the right balance, just. Love him.

He seems like an artist who did his own thing, not really following others but doing his own style, that deserves massive respect in this genre.

There is a real vibrancy to the kick and bass in Healing process, the slightly unusual deep low kick gives immense warmth and bounce. Something very satisfying i have looped that track for an hour before and enjoyed that 1 hour fully. Just soaking up that feeling. Nice analogue feel, if not actual analogue more organic synthesis less reliant on pure SFX and metallic textures.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:43 PM, MikroMakro said:

Superb album.. a bit faster than I normally like but it's awesome...

This was one of my introductory albums from before I knew what genre was what. Definitely deserves some more love

• 3 months later...

Lunarave has a new album out in the last 2 weeks. He does this "doubled up" basslines (not sure if it a delay added or some kind of duplication but it gives the bass a different feel), which is a little unique, technically that loses a bit of punch and immediacy - it blurs the bass note transient definition - , but that's his style and he has a strong style I have respected his work since long ago and his early music as well. It could be some delay based psychoacoustic effect, I recall this plug in sounded a bit like this effect when I tried it on bass line:

https://www.tone2.net/akustix.html

One of my favourite artists, always done his thing, not followed others, unique sound for psy which is not easy. I get a feeling he has musical training or understands theory as his compositions suggest, that adds another dimension as well.

I am enjoying it so far, there is some sublime melodic work on the first track of the album. Worth a listen ! "The edge of life" Some nice cinematic and synthwave melodic synths in the mix.

I just bought the album to show some love... as this is big work he has done, complex music for complex times in which we live, sad,  beautiful and powerful.

Something I like is he has never been afraid to do is keep the kick and bass motoring and that has a deep cleansing effect ! It cleans your head right out.