Connection 2017 Travel

datura

Hi all, I thought the lineup for connection this year was insane so I'm traveling very far from Aus to go and it will also be my first time ever in EU. I'm flying into Madrid on the 20th and I'm wondering if anyone knows the best way to get to the venue, it's rather vague - I don't know whether I should train/fly to Seville or if there's a way to get directly to the venue from Madrid. Since I'm coming so far, is bringing a tent a must, and what sort of weather can I expect at the location?

Also if any friendly folks are offering a lift there I would be glad to chip in some money for a ride :) I'm 26 and a goa producer myself so I'm sure I'd get along with anyone from psynews.

Thanks!

• Like 1

i'd fly to seville. it's still a 1-2h drive from there to the festival. but since you're from aus, where population density is basically zero, driving from madrid to connection will probably feel like a trip to the grocery store for you ;) (google maps says it's a 5h drive; and unlike in asia these values most often accurate in europe).

yes, you should bring a tent (and warm clothes) to the festival area. unlike seville (with day time temperatures of 25-30˚C and night time temperatures 15-20˚C) it can get very cold up there in the mountains (when i was there we had 30˚C in the day and ca. 5˚C at night). but there are places where you can buy/borrow tents in sevilla, so you don't need to ship a tent all the way to the other end of the globe.

both madrid and sevilla are nice cities that are well worth staying for a few days. if you've never been to europe you'll surely enjoy seeing medieval city centres and architectural gems.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the info! I didn't expect car rental to be so cheap, I didn't even consider that as an option. I'll probably fly to Seville then drive to the festival. So is it fine to drive straight to the festival or are there dirt roads involved? Also good to see some dark/forest acts added to the lineup, I was afraid it was going to be purely goa - I like some variation :)

Good choice of party :) For me it's the best party in the world <5k attendance. The fantastic mix of goa heads, people from the south of Spain, and travelers who took the entire summer off to travel festival-to-festival and are still chasing that summer vibe while the weather starts to turn in Northern Europe create a unique vibe. And of course the music is amaaaaazing,

How weird that I found so few goa heads in all my years partying in Australia, yet they seem to find their way to Connection? I met one legendary Aussie there last year.

I hope I can make it myself this year. I've just moved to London for work so getting the time off may be hard. I'm definitely going to try though,

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2017 at 5:48 PM, Jaza said:

Good choice of party :) For me it's the best party in the world <5k attendance. The fantastic mix of goa heads, people from the south of Spain, and travelers who took the entire summer off to travel festival-to-festival and are still chasing that summer vibe while the weather starts to turn in Northern Europe create a unique vibe. And of course the music is amaaaaazing,

How weird that I found so few goa heads in all my years partying in Australia, yet they seem to find their way to Connection? I met one legendary Aussie there last year.

I hope I can make it myself this year. I've just moved to London for work so getting the time off may be hard. I'm definitely going to try though,

I Guess you are the JazaSF posting the videos at youtube!

• 2 months later...