Animato - Harmonize [HOMmega]

Seems like HOMmega is catching up wind again after releasing Astrix' and Infected Mushroom's albums recently and is about to put out another interesting artist:

Patrick Chen (formerly known as PTX) has reinvented himself as ‘Animato’, with a new style bordering on the delicate meeting point of modern Progressive Psy Trance.

The new project was a natural step, as with all the years of traveling the globe to countless festivals, he was given firsthand experience to have his way on the worldwide psychedelic dance-floor. After few years of constant hard work in the studio and world wide shows on the biggest stages such as Boom Festival, Burning Man, Dreamstate, Psy Fi and many more, he summarised his long journey in the fields of consciousness with a masterpiece debut album called ‘Harmonize’ with guest appearances by Liquid Soul, Freedom Fighters, Ritmo, Perfect Stranger, Ticon and Sonic Species.

We at HOMmega refer to this work of art as 'Animato’s book of memories'.

As you dive deeper into the hypnotic sounds of this album you can feel the spiritual experiences and the blend of styles that were collected from different places in the world.

hom1cd096_b.jpg

Full album available to listen:

Listened yesterday in Youtube.. Slept halfway through the 2nd track.. Woke up during Tuvan, enjoyed it and then promptly slept again  :D  :lol:

Is that a comment on the quality of the music?

Because in appropriate conditions I can fall asleep to any music, even my favourite one :D

Is that a comment on the quality of the music?

Because in appropriate conditions I can fall asleep to any music, even my favourite one :D

No idea.. Probably was sleepy to begin with.. Maybe I'll listen to it some other time.

No idea.. Probably was sleepy to begin with.. Maybe I'll listen to it some other time.

I only browsed through few tracks, but I liked what I heard - it's like slower Astrix, mixed with some good progressive full-on like Protoculture. There are collaborations with known progressive artists (Ticon, Perfect Stranger, etc.) but from what I heard it's more varied, more developed and melodic than their output.

Really like this album, solid 5/6 from me.

I thought you would! Actually while describing it above I thought I'd put a "similar to Recursion Loop's music" as well, until I realised that - sadly - few people would know what I was talking about :)

Actually while describing it above I thought I'd put a "similar to Recursion Loop's music" 

:)

Actually yes, i didn't know about Animato before this album but he does basically the same thing I'm trying to do - he sticks to the modern proggy formula but adds more melodic and sonic variety and a bit of oldschool "balearic trance" euphoric feel. I like how the tracklist is arranged going from lighter, relaxed vibes to slightly darker and more energetic tunes.

Overall it's nothing groundbreaking, but within the borders of the genre I think it is very good. 

• Like 1