Good external soundcard for recording

Hello guys. I need a simple external soundcard to connect from Dj mixer to the computer. The intention is only to record the mixing i'm making on my mixer and cdplayers. I don't need any fancy stuff to conect instrumets and stuff.

Any recomendations?

Do you need it for any professional application, or just for hobby purpose?

I use the Saffire 6 USB and I'm pretty happy with it:

http://focusrite.de/usb-audio-interfaces/saffire-6-usb

Not that expensive, but still decent quality on hardware and audio processing.

If you need top-notch high-quality stuff look for RME, Avid & co. but you need a really good budget for being able to afford such a device =)

If you buy RME and Avid stuff, you pay for routing, mic preamps, multiple inputs and outputs, multiple headphone inputs, midi, digital i/o, and a bunch of other stuff you don't really need in this case.

You only need 2 line inputs, and I guess just 2 line outputs (for your monitors)? Focusrite is a solid name, can't go wrong with the Scarlett 2i2 for example. Other names to look out for are MOTU and Steinberg or Tascam perhaps (don't have any experience with them though), but I doubt with your needs you'll get a better deal regarding price/quality than Focusrite. :) Good luck with the hunt! And remember, how you record (too hot/too low) matters too. ;)

I use a couple:

1: Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 wired to an 'Allen & Heath Z10FX Mixer, the N.I card

is great and trouble free, using ASIO4ALL with this.

2: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB, used on the PC to Ableton Live 9, good little card with a couple of

front inputs (jack and XLR) rear outs (unbalanced DINS and Balanced XLR)

Both cards have 48v Phantom mic power.

Whatever you decide on, don't rush in...read reviews

Have a good day.