NewBorn - Nothing But A Title [Cronomi Rec.]

Guest antic

Awesome! Should I re-download it? I take it the CD will receive proper mastering?

I'm really glad you took my PMs to heart and I was able to contribute, even if just ever so slightly, to the great label that is Cronomi!

Had nothing to do with mastering :)

Was an error in a mirror imgage: mix up it seems between two versions.

Any how, everything is solved ;)

I'm happy so many people enjoy the music so much :) THX guys!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Great contribution... <_<

Care to elaborate?

Sure, it's not the most groundbreaking album out there (how one beats Portamento or Artha from the same lablel?!?), but far from "boring". I like the vintage, clean nature of it & simiplicity to the sound synthesis. At times it sounds a lot like old Prana and Total Eclipse ("A sleeper's guide" / "Playing games" / "Something with stuff"), with very pure sounds and simple, borderline naive / childish melodies. 1st part of CD #1 is dark, kind of psychotic, while 2nd gets much brighter & upbeat, which I think provides for a nice contrast there. 1st part is a bit stiff, especially in bassline department (cliched k-b-k-b pattern) & trivial melodies, while 2nd moves further adding some more variation, key-changes, interesting arrangements and takes risks (e.g. "Far from home" with its dark-psy bassline under Talpa-like synth arpreggios). Still I have not REALLY listened to CD #2, but browsing quickly it expands further on the style from CD #1, addding few downtempo and more experimental / daring tunes in between.

So, when you say 'boring' you probably mean that it would most likely work better as a single CD, with only best & most varied tracks included because they're not THAT much different. On this I can agree.

One more thing, which won't probably bother 95% of people out there but, but it bothers me personally - 1st CD is noticeably quieter than the 2nd, to the point that I can't get it loud enough for my liking on my phone or tablet...

this is not my kind of goa

from Cronomi releases http://www.discogs.com/label/118665-Cronomi-Recordsi like Artha EP, Portamento, Psysutra, M-Run, DJ Inada compilation and Erta Ale

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that I finally got this double CD out of the package I must say it is sick sick good. Even techtrance vibes, pretty :) The production and audio quality is spectacular! I cannot understand some complaints in this thread unless you are just gathering psynews posts to reach an upper level, lol.

• Like 1