Chicks and Goa

Alright, I live in THE lamest place EVER for electronic music... South Carolina in the USA. in this state, about .000000005% of the population know that electronic music exists. The rest are oblivious. However, the male freinds i have made and played goa and other electronic music to have all liked it... the women on the other hand, they hate the hell out of it. What is up with that, do women just have some gene that prevents them from liking goa and electronic music, or is it just this damn state i live in?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vasyachkin

what do women like anyway? nothing as far as i can tell.

if a woman sees a beautiful car she may say "a real cool car" but if you ask her what cars she knows - she knows none, she would not know a mercedes from a toyota if you asked her.

Guest PuuhaMees

vasyachin come on man, there r hundreds of examples how I could turn that upside down. R u in a need of a woman ?, sounds like it . Anyways all guys dont care about cars either. Me myself I couldnt care less. We need the damn things to move around thats all. Here is a little quiz for u: - name five car brands that begin and end with the same letter.

Nibiru maybe u r hangin with the wrong women or maybe it is the place u live in, but I know 4 certainty that elctronic music is as liked among males and females.

Just a spontanious response,

POOhaMees

I gotta agree on this one. I mean, this forum should be proof enough. What's the guy-to-girl ratio here? 99-to-1? Less? Girls like sexy music - our music is by and large NOT sexy, unless you're dancing to it, and then the girls show up. But do they obsess about it after the show's over? I doubt it. Girls obsess about other things. In fact, they're probably at their weddings.com site wondering where all the guys are.

That was cynical. Sorry.

The girls that I've played my music for think of it in the same way as action movies - testosterone-laden dick stuff (although one hippie-type chick I knew dug Juno Reactor's tribal stuff). They don't get it, and don't really want to, just like we're not about to rent a couple dozen romance flicks and a box of Kleenex to try and understand what's so great about romance movies.

There are always exceptions, though, to every rule. :) EA

I'll have what she's having

Aw, Kate, don't be like that. Like I said, there are exceptions to every rule. You are, however, an extreme minority here, but extremely welcome at the same time. Gather your girlfriends - we need some girls to balance out what is indeed a sausage fest around here.

So are you from Ashville? My brother just scouted the town out with his girlfriend two weeks ago as a potential place to live. He liked it. No Starbuck's. What do you think? He could use an insider's advice.

Welcome, Kate. Please stay. :) EA

i know a lot about music too (not only goa). stuff like tracknames when i hear a song and lyrics from non psy songs. but it has something, a lot of my friends only listen and dance to stuff which have been played in the radio for 20 times. but don't aks me why...

Guest Mike Indidginus

Kate, don't feel discriminated against. I too am in a minority - I have ginger sideburns... And like I said above, I know nothing about cars other than they have wheels (actually, that depends on where you live)...

So like EA says...

Don't go, don't leave us now, now, now, while the sun smiles, stick around and laugh a while (you might find off-topic more helpful in that regard - Strumpling stoke the fires! Mama's coming home!)...

Guest Elysium Project

Many girls DO like electronic, goa and psy music they just don't like the full on and the minimalistic music as much as the guys....It's too agressive and hard for them. It's funny but everytime I am playing live or Dj'ing I get tons (ok maybe 10-15) of girls comming up to me and telling me how much they love my music. Why? Because they really love the ethnic tribal feeling and the softer atmospheres. I have spoken to many girls over the last 10 years and they have almost all told me that they prefer slower morning music instead of fast night music. I am not generalising here..of course some girls like fast night music but it's my impression that many girls prefer softer more emotional music.

Some facts:

There's just as many girls buying ambient/downbeat as men !

There's more girls hanging out in the chillout rooms at parties than men !

There's more girls on the dancefloor after 6 in the morning at a outdoor parties (if the music is right an it's not raining) !

Guest Elysium Project

Kate don't get offended :-)

Many of the guys (or should I say boys) are very young and don't really have that much experience in this scene (many live in areas where no or almost no parties happen).

No offense guys/boys :-)

The ratio of females to males going to psy-trance parties in South Africa is probably 50/50 to 40/60... so there's not really a lot of difference there.

I know a lot of women that are fanatical about psy, in that the prefer it over any other type of music... But it's mainly as spectators... Yes.. I've seen quite a few female DJ's do the lighter chill floor type of thing, but I've never seen them on the main floor, and I know of no female producers.

So what do the fanatic psy trance women do after the party... lets think...

I know one doing her pilot's license... a couple who do rock climbing and adventure sport. Some who seem to take drugs for a living....

Why not producing or DJ'ing...? I don't know, maybe they give up when they feel discriminated against.

If people don't like something there's no point in running after them to try and convince them, wether they are guys or girls. It's not like I go to psy-trance parties to pick up chicks anyway. It's a pure musical experience.

The ratio of females to males going to psy-trance parties in South Africa is probably 50/50 to 40/60... so there's not really a lot of difference there.

I know a lot of women that are fanatical about psy, in that the prefer it over any other type of music... But it's mainly as spectators... Yes.. I've seen quite a few female DJ's do the lighter chill floor type of thing, but I've never seen them on the main floor, and I know of no female producers.

So what do the fanatic psy trance women do after the party... lets think...

I know one doing her pilot's license... a couple who do rock climbing and adventure sport. Some who seem to take drugs for a living....

Why not producing or DJ'ing...? I don't know, maybe they give up when they feel discriminated against.

If people don't like something there's no point in running after them to try and convince them, wether they are guys or girls. It's not like I go to psy-trance parties to pick up chicks anyway. It's a pure musical experience.

Guest Mike Indidginus

PuuhaMees, I'm impressed! But let's see if you know how the catatonic convertor connects to the passenger-side dump plate extractor...

Guest PuuhaMees

Now that`s some advanced engineering ;). I am a true master in connecting things, but I must say, that I dont really know myself sometimes what is being connected & how :))).