Dark Minimal Psy

Shpongled247

I know I know... Don't ban me, hah. I used to hate it too, and too much of it and I probably will again.

But does anyone else here like this stuff?

I used to find it boring and monotonous but something clicked recently with Sensients new album. The way minimal artists control the atmosphere and tension of the room/dancefloor is quite impressive and really psychedelic live.. It's on the other end of the spectrum to "maximal" goa I like but I'm glad I can appreciate it now.

Boshke beats & Horns n hoof entertainment.

Best dark minimal.

Wouldn't call neither of them minimal. It's more Psy-Tech if anything.

Check this thread out: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/61164-that-rare-2001-sound/

I did also this interview with Bjørn Jacobsen aka Cujorius One where he talks a bit about the early Minimal scene: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/61169-artist-cujorius-one/

A few old faves:

That's cool, just that a lot of my mates who are long term minimal techno dj's (most have been playing since the late 80's) they use a lot of the tracks from those labels as they see it more as "atmospheric minimal techno". They do not however see Sensient's current work as minimal, one of them said it has far too much groove for one thing, and not a rough enough production style.

Personally I also disagree with them to a degree, but music is subjective which is why discussions are fun. I mean some ppl will only call Jeff Mills etc. minimal, others would include Dave The Drummer & even some of the Stay Up Forever sound as minimal. Boshke + H&H to me a very minimal compared to all other styles of this genre.

its like a switch that needs to flip to enjoy minimal if you didn't like it previously, i was never a fan of sensient , and yeah something clicked like you said. those monster sounds in galaxian are eerie and dark as fuck! great atmospheres !! really enjoying this release now .