S.U.N. Festival

Paul Eye

So anyone coming to S.U.N. Festival? I'm eager to see what the crew split from OZORA in 2011 will cook up for us. The lineup seems really yummy, highlighting what I definitely don't want to miss:

Main Stage:

Anestetic (TimeCode/OneFootGroove) - PT

Animato (FM Booking) - ISR

Art of Trance (Platipus Records) - UK

Atmos (Atmotech/Iboga Records) - SWE

Beat Bizarre (Iboga Records) - DK

BLT (Iboga Records) - ISR

Boom Shankar (B.M.S.S. Records) - GER

Bumbling Loons (Flyhing Rhino Records) - UK

Cosmosis "Retro Set" (Holophonic Records) - UK

Daksinamurti (Timecode-Sangoma) - GER

Darwish (Circle of Life) - ISR

Djane Gaby (DreamVision/CosmicLeaf) - SLV

Eat Static (Mesmobeat Records) - UK

E-Clip (IONO Music) - SRB

Egorythmia (IONO Music) - MK

Emok (Iboga Records) - DK

Filteria (Suntrip Records) - GRE

Freedom Cafe (S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Gorgo (Human Touch/S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Infinity Project by Raja Ram (T.I.P. Records) - UK

James Monro (Flyhing Rhino Records) - UK

Killerwatts (Nano Records) - UK

Liquid Soul (Iboga Records) - CH

Liquid Ace (Iboga Records) - CH/ISR

Logic Bomb (T.I.P. Records) - SWE

Loud (Iboga Records) - ISR

Man With No Name (Dragonfly Records) - UK

Mindwave (IONO Music) - ISR

Mirror Me (Zenon Records) - PL

Oleg (Human Touch/S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Omka (Moksha Pproject/S.u.n Festival) - ISR

Ovnimoon "Message through Space" (Ovnimoon Records) - CL

Penta (Auraquake Records) - RUS

Perfect Stranger (Iboga Records) - ISR

Pleiadians (Etnicanet Records) - ITA

Protonica (IONO Music) - GER

Robert Elster aka Vibrasphere (Tribal Vision) - SWE

Shadow Fx (Zenon Records) - AUS

Shane Gobi (Alchemy Records) - UK

Sonic Species (Alchemy Records) - UK

Space Tribe (Space Tribe Music) - AUS

Subconsciousmind (Somuna Festival) - CH

Tetrameth (Zenon Records) - AUS

Ticon "Retro Set" (Iboga) - SWE

Transwave (3D Vision Records) - FR

Tristan (Nano Records) - UK

Tsubi (Human Touch/S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Union Jack (Platipus Records) - UK

X-Dream Retro Set (Jan Muller) - GER

Zen Mechanics (Neurobiotic Records) - NL

-Z- (Alpha & Antagon) feat. McCoy (Interzone pa) - GER

Younger Brother set by Benji Vaughan (Twisted Records) - UK

Chillout Stage:

Add Simeon (Something Groovy) - UK

Amphle Cube (aka Skarma) - HUN

Ancient Core feat. Alexandru Marius , ATATI, ALPHA

Argaman (Fairytale Records) - ISR

Asura (Ultimae Records) - FR

Audiocompress (Independent) - HUN

Aurafood (S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Atati (Transcarpatian records) - UKR

Bayawaka - ISR

BB303 (HumanTouch) - HUN

Blue Planet Corporation (Flyhing Rhino/DAT Records) - FR

Blue Tech (Aleph Zero Records) - USA

Buxi (Psybaba Records) - HUN

Carstus Minimus (BMSS Records) - GER

Cell (Ultimae Records) - FR

Circular (Ultimae Records) - FR

Cygna (Ultimae Records) - FR

Dovla (Interchill/Flow) - CRO

Dr Victor (Independent) - HUN

Eitan Reiter (Aleph Zero Records) - ISR

Entheogenic (Universal Symbiosis Records) - AT/UK

Fishimself (Ultimae Records) - GR

Fornax Chemica (T.O.T.E.M.) - HUN

Hallucinogen in Dub set by OTT (Twisted Records) - UK

Iain Dubb (Something Groovy) - UK

Isu (Akt Records) - HUN

Kukan Dab Lagan (MikelaBella Rec) - ES

Maha Sun (Synergetic Records) - CH

Mahiane (Ultimae Records) - FR

Mesterhazy (Independent) - HUN

Miktek (Ultimae Records) - FR

Mizoo (Ultimae Records) - FR

Nanda (Chilosophy) - CL

N.A.S.A. (IONO Music/Iboga Records) - DK

Nitelight (NVC) - HUN

Nova (Ultimae Records) - IT

OTT (Twisted Records) - UK

Shahar (Independent) - ISR

Shulman (Aleph Zero Records) - ISR

Simon Baring (Neon Bookings) - UK

Suduaya (Altar Records) - FR

Tilen (Ultimae Records) - FR

Tajmahal (Ultimae Records) - FR

Takkra (S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Tanutuva (S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Tilen (Ultimae Records) - SLV

Tori Baba (Organic Trance Records )- ISR

Twang (S.U.N. Studio) - HUN

Virgács & Andor (Independent) - HUN

i'm coming for sure.

i'm not too keen on atmos or vibrasphere and doubtful about transwave and space tribe, but will instead make sure i don't miss e-clip, ovnimoon, mindwave and djane gaby. for everything else, i can agree with your artist selection :)

also, iirc görgö has played some nice oldschool set at ozora 2 (3?) years ago...

i already have the tickets. at goabase they said something about there probably being no tickets at the gate. i don't know if it's marketing, but otherwise anyone who wants to come would have to be quick to order theirs. today is the last day of presale.

forget the last sentance, they today announced extending the presale until the 17th.

i will attend it too.. what i know, is it, that i ll be on floor when Filteria starts playing...even if will start raining tanks or bombs or etc. i ll be there & will feel energy waves passing my mind & body thru action called goosebumps! :D

Well, come say hi if you see a guy who looks like my avatar pic :D

And I'm kinda interested in seeing how they execute Ovnimoon's "message through space" as I've heard that he has a fear of flying and thus can't personally be present.

i'll say hi, when i see one of you.

recognizing me will be much easier: look for a long-haired guy with a goatee, who is smoking a cigarette ;). i'll also probably be wearing a red jacket with a pattern consisting of oms and "eyes of buddha", but i guess that doesn't help much either :D

i had always wondered why we see lots of similar artists regularly, but never ovnimoon. i guess fear of flying explains that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me can easily identify.. i ll wear this t-shirt as human ad : https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/980394_4913502997128_1608906079_o.jpg :D

I think I caught a glimpse of you passing by but wasn't able to say hi as I was just eating my pizza :)

But yeah, all in all my festival trip had its ups and downs, and THE DAMN HEAT, whoa :D

S.U.N. had a fantastic line-up. I really wanted to go but I have very important stuff to do back here.

Questions:

1) Did Transwave (Dado by himself I guess) play 1995 -1998 stuff

2) Same about pleiadians

I like your picks, at the main stage I would have also like to hear Ovimoon, BLT, Mindwave and of course YB!

Chill out: I've been very impressed twice by Simon Baring, the guy mixes all kinds of music together... He's got great variety in his sets.

1) Did Transwave (Dado by himself I guess) play 1995 -1998 stuff

2) Same about pleiadians

1. Nah, just fullon (remixes of old tracks and some newer stuff)

2. Dunno as they didn't play when they were supposed to, so I missed them :/

I think I caught a glimpse of you passing by but wasn't able to say hi as I was just eating my pizza :)

But yeah, all in all my festival trip had its ups and downs, and THE DAMN HEAT, whoa :D

i also thought i saw carbon's t-shirt, but couldn't walk over and say hello because i was too fucking tired (just got up for filteria) :)

the heat and the sun were definitely a bit too much this time. i just sat there and listened to raja ram and mwnn. dancing was impossible for me at that time.

i also have no idea about pleiadians. missed them just the same. but if they play the same kind of set they used to in the last years, it will be fullon with some remixes of old tracks and maybe one or two old tracks in their original form at best.

How was Filteria set!? :D

great. it contained all my favourites, from the snuggling snail over the big blue to the lunar civilization remix and definitely made me look forward to the new album :)

i also think the mwnn set was better than in the last few years at various ozoras.

other favourites of mine were logic bomb except for the first two tracks (wtf logic bomb? that was more electro than psytrance) and eat static. x-dream was also good, but i was eating at the time.

one point that was good to bad depending on what you wanted to do and what time of the day it was, was that most of the time you could very clearly hear the music from the mainfloor on the camping grounds (at least where we put up our tents). i enjoyed the zen mechanics set that way, but i think next time i'd rather camp away from the car somewhere in the woods.

anyway.... tells us more stuff about the festival... mostly but not limited to the music!!

Well, musically I think the best sets were the Ticon - Emok - Vibrasphere combo (which I had to enjoy from the shelter in our camp since the combination of the heat and, um, a certain substance drained me of all my energy, Eat Static that was kinda OK but mostly a bit boring, Anestetic which to my surprise was rather nice melodic dark-ish stuff, Filteria which I unfortunately had to enjoy from my tent as I had passed out and woke up just as his set started, Art Of Trance had a nice retro-futuristic vibe and Union Jack was more of the futuristic vibe with a few classics thrown in the mix, Raja Ram of course rocked the dancefloor even if his The Infinity Project set derailed into what actually was a rather good DJ set (yes, The Delta's remix of Johann's Stranded still manages to make the dancefloor go absolutely bananas :), MWNN seemed to sound rather good but I heard it from the market area as I had to go get some food, X-Dream was practically what I expected, Logic Bomb was perhaps the most blasting set of the festival, even if I missed the first 15-20 minutes of it.

And on a side note: Cosmosis' retro DJ set was kinda bland and the music wasn't really well chosen for the sunrise slot. And oh, he played ONE Cosmosis track...

Then, the chillout. It was, to be perfectly honest, crap. A sand floor with some hay bales and not enough shade from the sun. I didn't feel like wanting to chill there at all. Too bad as I'd have liked to see some artists there too. There also seemed to be some changes in the schedule and I didn't see any info anywhere who was playing and when (Entheogenic for example didn't seem to play at all, not that it bothered me anyway).

Some changes in the schedules on the mainstage too seemed to go unannounced.

The food was mostly good, the bars were a bit silly with their fucking around with "sorry we don't have any change", and them giving forints back even if you paid with euros. Also, if you bought a bottle of sparkling wine, they couldn't give you the bottle but poured it into 2 plastic pints instead. The bottle was a "security risk" they said...

The locals had a grocery store set up in the market area with heavenly peaches and lots of other fruits and vegetables :)

Shower queues were OK and there were enough drinking water containers to fill your water bottles. A few times some containers ran out of water, but there was never a long way to the next one which had some water.

So all in all it was a rather good festival. The midday heat was unfortunately a bit too much for me to handle for the most part.

Logic Bomb was perhaps the most blasting set of the festival, even if I missed the first 15-20 minutes of it.

The food was mostly good

Shower queues were OK

missing the first minutes of the logic bomb set would certainly have made it better :)

ime only the hungarian food, the italian pizzas and the food from the vegetarian cake stall. the crepes i had were more crackers than anything else. no wonder as all the shops offering crepes were german. i sorely missed the french stall i knew from ozora 2 years ago.

i also have to disagree with the showers. every time i was there, there was either no water or a huge queue.

Was there just not enough shade at Sun for everyone to fit under? Or even the shade was too hot? :P

if you fled the camping area at 9 am with a wet towel on your head and chilled somewhere in a shaded area at the market place or mainfloor while drinking 3-4 bottled of water per day you would be ok ;)

ime only the hungarian food, the italian pizzas and the food from the vegetarian cake stall.

The veggie pirates stall made some STELLAR falafel, shiva place had good spanish omelet for breakfast, the cafe run by some locals near the kaleidoscope had marvellous breakfast and snacks. The only crap food I got was from the thai food stall, and the huge hungarian food tent didn't really amaze me.

the crepes i had were more crackers than anything else. no wonder as all the shops offering crepes were german. i sorely missed the french stall i knew from ozora 2 years ago.

You mean the one with the cute girls? :P

The veggie pirates stall made some STELLAR falafel, shiva place had good spanish omelet for breakfast, the cafe run by some locals near the kaleidoscope had marvellous breakfast and snacks. The only crap food I got was from the thai food stall, and the huge hungarian food tent didn't really amaze me.

You mean the one with the cute girls? :P

i didn't eat at all those places. shiva place is something i avoid due to getting awful chai everytime, so i've never tried their food :). the thai stall was indeed crap, but the german stalls were hardly better. the kebap was so-so, but the hungarian stall next to it was great.

i was always served by a tall guy there, so either i went to the wrong one or just was unlucky considering timing :)

What should I say on it? it was a megahuge experience for me! & as i expected, at the Lunar civilizations track , grew up wings to me & i got my mind on trip ;)

look into left down corner :D

its too much good to say, but it shortcut :

Elfik pizza had the best pizza!

Music was amazing!

almost everything was fine except some exception... but what i know, is that, i reaaly want to attend next year! ;)

• 3 weeks later...