Why not many tracks like Genetic - Transmission?

radi6404

Why are there not many tracks like Genetic transmission? This track is so great, it is really a goa trance track and has similar style to youth, it is a bit harder, but not melanchoic at all, it is pretty happy and I like it a lot. The few other genetic tracks that exist and voodoo people sound similar, but there are not many tracks like that, except very old dragonfly releases, basically genetic and voodoo people I don't know any tracks that have this very warm goa sound. With time I prefer the warm sound more and more, so I would really love to hear some recommendations.

I heart it on cd shortly, Audio CD and I was soooo happy, the track is timeless, very old sounding and happy, without getting too difficult and confused.

The Juno reactor remix of transmission is really great, it is wild and happy, the man with no name is way too melanchoic and sad.

I'm very happy to hear that, hardly anyone knows about that remix and it's a long time favorite of mine.

The 'warm' sound you describe is largely a 1993-94 phenomenon; it's the early stage of British psy-trance, when it was psychedelic but not yet 'full on'. You could try the first two albums of Eat Static: Abduction and Implant, if you haven't yet. Also the remixes of Alien Sex Fiend - Inferno.

Astralasia has some good tracks as well.

If you're open to reccs outside of psy-trance, check out some progressive house from that time like old Underworld, Sabres Of Paradise, Secret Knowledge, Aloof. Not the goa sound but warm, deep, and hypnotic. Depending on what you're looking for you might like that just as much or better.

Unfortunately some of his tracks are rather simple, but the masterpeaces he created are true masterpeaces, his style is similar to youth. And altough Juno Reactor has some really great goa tracks, they seem to peak with the remix of transmission, it is a big effort by them.

Yeah it was a particularly old and slow style, light on the ears and of course very beautiful; as with most music it just tends ot get faster and more aggressive or more intense as time goes on because of the need to make crowd pleasing tracks, hence the destruction of such early Goa as this track and others around the same time (the rest of the tracks on Project II Trance are also excellent '93 gems, including Gumbo - The Quickening, Hallucinogen's first trance track).

I always wished Voodoo People would release an album. Drop the bomb was included in We are genetic, but there are still a few tracks spreaded on compilations that were really great!!

an all times classic....