Reaching other states of mind when overtired

radi6404

I really love the mood when you sleep very little and aktually really get fit. When you sleep a few hours a day and stay up for long you memorize much more and it is more like you are always awake instead of being asleep always. The brain works slower and you are calmer, but you do not really seem tired and can still move very well and even walk big distances. It is really a great feeling whe the brain works in that condition, since you do not think a lot about your problems and are really focused at what you are doing. However another effect of it is that you are a bit more aggressive aswell. Do you like this codition?

When you sleep a few hours a day and stay up for long you memorize much more

I don't believe that. All scientific evidence points toward lack of sleep being a bad thing in multiple respects. Not only is your mental acuity reduced, your emotions are exaggerated and unreasonable and it has a detrimental effect on physical health.

The only 'other' states of mind I've ever experienced from lack of sleep are dissociation, paranoia and a general lack of attention.

The only thing you said that makes any sense is the "more aggressive" part, which fits into the exaggerated emotions thing.

If you are not very happy with your life you can be very happy if you have lack of attention, you don't memorize the day that much and just take it easier.

It is aktually true that you do not memorize as much, but you just take the day easier and don't worry as much when you have lack of sleep, you are not as emotional when you do not sleep as much.

living in a society, that doesn't allow for my built-in circadian rhytm, i know this very well. i would describe that state as slightly dissociated with a lack of focus. it does imho bear a slight resemblance with the "downer" component of the effects of cannabis and can be pleasant for chilling and listening to music. aggression i have not noticed at all, but it's very rare for me to be agressive at all.

i experienced a few times that state, when i was working

one time i worked from 6 am to 3 pm, then went home, tried to sleep but couldn't, then worked from 1 am to 1.30 pm

physical job, i was so tired/sleepy and so dirty after my work, when i came back to the hostel (many people in hostels in Australia), i didn't care about anything people were saying, for me that meant i was ...yeah tired :D

my brother told me about a similar experience, there was a strike in Paris from the trains (how great is that!) he decided to not take a taxi and walk 4 hours (just because he had time),

he told me when he reached his place, he could have talked to anyone in the street, just because he didn't care (usually he does :D)

should we just call that "disinhibition" (same effect as alcohol, people care less when they had a couple of beers)