Logic bomb better than a lot of newschool

radi6404

Music is timeless man, so even nowadays such music could be produced.

i didnt say it couldnt be done. im saying no one wants to do it. which should be obvious by your own logic:

people could make music like they did 20 years ago

+

people arent making music like they did 20 years ago

=

people must not want to make music like they did 20 years ago

i think something youre not taking into account is this.

while its physicaly possible to create the music from 20 years ago...its not possible to create the atmosphere in which that music emerged. music genres and stles are a product of the technology available at the time and the prevailing ideas and experimentation of the surrounding culture.

you cant recreate the goa of the early/mid 90's any more than you can recreate big band music from the 20s, doo wop from the 50's, psychedelic rock from the 60's, disco from the 70's or new wave from the 80's

sure you can physicaly recreate the style/sound, but you cant ever get the feeling back like from when it was fresh and new. its gone...over...finished. it had its time.

this is the problem youre having with all the new school goa stuff going on now...it sounds like goa kinda, but its never going to be like goa. that time has passed. we can not recreate the fundamental atmosphere and environment that produced that music...so the music cant be the same.

Man, the music is modern even nowadays and it can be done, look at shpongle, the new Juno Reactor or for example latest hallucinogen tracks like Strangled cats, the sound is slightly different but mainly the bassline and kickdrum where changed a bit, the main hallucinogen style is there and not changed at all, it sounds like Angelic particles or teh Lone Deranger, Simon Psford does not care about people who say artists need evolvement.

You think the time demands involvement, time is a universal condition that happens whether there will be envolvement or not and real artists will produce exactly what the fans want. Do you think strangled cats was not appreciated by Twisted people or in the Twisted forum? Man you are wrong if you think that.

Teh tracks can be very similar to the old tracks, jsut with today's impressive production quality, for example the Infinity project could be done today aswell as Boris Blenn.

Why are some new Boris Blenn tracks like ery old ones, for example Kosmonaut?, because fans want just that.

Music is not like cars man, which have to be evolved with each year with new technoglies and new design. When something is allready perfect, people want more of it and not something that is different.

At least that is the case with many trance lovers, that is why some peopole I know do not listen newschool at all, for example one forum member. Nothing against newschool, but people wish to hear the old, not the new sound, since that is what they connect with great feelings, great memories, loves to girls, great states of mind, great trippings.

Earlier was even better than now and I regret not living in the old times, since todays world gets less and less attractive with all the computer and technical stuff, everything is so shiny and really puts the world in a different picture, Germany is a country with computers all around, but I am tired of computers everywhere.

sure you can physicaly recreate the style/sound, but you cant ever get the feeling back like from when it was fresh and new. its gone...over...finished. it had its time.

It only exists in the brain that this is not possible, why is it not, maybe the sun has changed and shines differentl today, it surely has since it ages aswell, so the atmosphere might aktually not be the same, but I guess it will appear pretty much the same as earlier aswell. So you can recreate the feelings just like Simon Posford is doing it or just like big artists are doing with classics from earlier, the rolling stones giving concerts and people loving it.

The problem with a lot of newschool is, it is not kinda like goa but very different, the artists follow one pattern for producing newschool and that is it. They use way too many sounds so the tracks sound like a mess, they use mostly orientalic melodies instead of the old melodies, the basslines and kickdrums are quite different to earlier, so this is why it is not the sam, not that you can not recreate the same feelings, since the role of time is created by humans, it can be repeated again and I would go crazy if it really did, going to a party and hearing new stuff that sounds absolutely the same as the old stuff so I can mentally return to the great experiences I had while listening oldschool goa.

im sorry man...its not going to happen.

you are in a vast vast minority of people who want to hear the same stuff for 20 years.

want the proof? the proof is that youre here complaining about it. if there were more people like you...then the music would be being made...and its not.

Don#tbe ignorant, there are lots of people who are and that is why they are demanding a new album, all the people on Twisted.co.Uk for example.

lol...so all the people on the hallucinogen website are clamoring for a hallucinogen album.

just like all the people on the sha na na website want a new sha na na album.

ill wait while you go look up who sha na na is.

I think.. The reason people would and do want a new Hallucinogen album would be to see how Simon had evolved, how his particular style would sound with today's production... It surely wouldn't be the exact same Hallucinogen from years ago as you seek Radi.. Heh sooooo... :) I'm all for it but haha :P

maybe...but ive been laughing at hallucinogen sine 1998. old habbits die hard and all.

the truth is that yes...there are some people who still want to hear hallucinogen. but that number is nothing like it used to be...why? because the guy has been doing the same old tired thing for 15 years.

i saw hallucinogen in 99 (maybe it was 2000) and he packed out a gigantic venue. if he came here now...he would be lucky to book a place 1/8th that size, let alone fill it up.

i guarantee you...psykovsky is a bigger draw than hallucinogen (and rightfully so).

The thing is I aktually discovered most of goa trance just at 2005, before I did not even have Internet and had only a few albums from Astral and a few more Israeli albums, but when i got internet and discovered all the oldschool it was much better than when I play tunes nowaday, I discovered all the hallucinogen stuff, the incredible zodiac youth remixes, BB, MWnn; psychaos, Wtichcraft, it was an explosion in my brain, but the new stuff can't trigger the same, not a lot of it at least.

The thing is I aktually discovered most of goa trance just at 2005, before I did not even have Internet and had only a few albums from Astral and a few more Israeli albums, but when i got internet and discovered all the oldschool it was much better than when I play tunes nowaday, I discovered all the hallucinogen stuff, the incredible zodiac youth remixes, BB, MWnn; psychaos, Wtichcraft, it was an explosion in my brain, but the new stuff can't trigger the same, not a lot of it at least.

youre chasing the dragon man. its never as good as the first hit.

lol...so all the people on the hallucinogen website are clamoring for a hallucinogen album.

just like all the people on the sha na na website want a new sha na na album.

ill wait while you go look up who sha na na is.

:lol: now that is good!

got you there radi

new h3 album like i said will be a collaboration album, minimal with proggy and full on elements at best!

if you counting on anything with oldschool sounds, you in for a big :(

maybe I should buy a midi keyboard and produce some music again, maybe it will be better witha real midi keyboard where I can learn the sound of the notes and use of notes better. So than I would remix all the stuff I love.