Your favourite upbeat album per year

Ormion

Yea I've tried to get into that album but have not yet been able to - need to put it on headphones I think - that's how I "discover" most of my favorite albums. I like a couple of the tracks but it doesn't grab me overall. I'll give it another spin though

2010, 2011

N/A - not digging the neo-goa type stuff or the darkpsy either..

The one I put as my favorite " Fraktophon - Nachtvolk" isn't neo-goa or darkpsy either, so that may be worth checking out. "The Path" was one of my other favorites that year though, so our tastes may not be the same, although I do quite like most of the albums on your list. :)

The one I put as my favorite " Fraktophon - Nachtvolk" isn't neo-goa or darkpsy either, so that may be worth checking out. "The Path" was one of my other favorites that year though, so our tastes may not be the same, although I do quite like most of the albums on your list. :)

Good call! That album sounds really fresh and trippy on the samples I heard - gonna download it for sure - thanks!

Been struggling to find some really inventive and weird psytrance that doesn't get all silly like the pure Suomi stuff - not a big fan of Suomi though I enjoy quite well some of the old Texas Faggot tracks..

That "Psyknights" abum from 2006 you listed sounds pretty awesome on the samples too - prolly gonna get that one.. I'm impressed with iTunes these days - been able to find lots of fairly obscure psytrance releases on there - didn't used to be able to.

Good call! That album sounds really fresh and trippy on the samples I heard - gonna download it for sure - thanks!

Been struggling to find some really inventive and weird psytrance that doesn't get all silly like the pure Suomi stuff - not a big fan of Suomi though I enjoy quite well some of the old Texas Faggot tracks..

That "Psyknights" abum from 2006 you listed sounds pretty awesome on the samples too - prolly gonna get that one.. I'm impressed with iTunes these days - been able to find lots of fairly obscure psytrance releases on there - didn't used to be able to.

ohh come on healium you gotta love the suomi

absolute madness for a mad mad world

must be good drugs in finland

has to be?

1999 Bypass Unit - Dropz Of Obscure Eclipses

Good one :)

On topic, well the topic is impossible but I'll give the ones that I'm liking right now / year.

you should have give us at least 3, then again we would have wanted 5 :) , maybe 7 :D

1993 : Juno reactor - transmissions

1994 : Kode IV - Silicon Civilisation

1995 : Indoor - progressive trance

1996 : Transwave - helium

1997 : Pleiadians - I.F.O. (identified flying object)

1998 : Jaïa- blue energy

1999 : Mystica - Age of innocence

2000 : Dimension 5 - second phase

2001 : Psysex - Hardcore blastoff

2002 : Altom - hologram

2003 : Silicon sound - pure analog

2004 : The misted muppets - from the legend

2005 : Sandman - Witchcraft-Remastered (great I could squeeze this one gently)

2006 : Panick - lab o matic

2007 : Cosmosis - Psychedelica Melodica

2008 : Ra - 9th

2009 : Afgin - Astral Experience

2010 : Hoodwink - Sound Mirrors

2011 : Antares - Exodus

2012 : Mindsphere - patience for heaven (undecided)

ohh come on healium you gotta love the suomi

absolute madness for a mad mad world

must be good drugs in finland

has to be?

Haha - I like it to some extent, what I've heard - but I have the same issue with it that I get with a lot of the darkpsy - it has this relentless, wall-of-sound thing going on that I don't care for - too many sounds all thrown together, not arranged in a very coherent or catchy manner - I appreciate the madness of it, but I like my madness with better organization usually..

I should prolly explore the genre more though - some of the music along those lines I really dig - James Reipas "Uwaga" is a killer album though not really Suomi - and this Igor Swamp album that Travbrad recommended is pretty sweet too - that one sounds pretty Suomi-ish..

Listening to the Psyknights album today also - what a score - I bought that for $5.99 on iTunes and the Igor Swamp album for $1.99 on iTunes - really liking the Psyknights album - very creative and psychedelic music for sure - heady stuff..

too many sounds all thrown together, not arranged in a very coherent or catchy manner - I appreciate the madness of it, but I like my madness with better organization usually..

I got the same problem between quotes, it's often to much and it gives me stress :unsure:

I need controlled chaos...

Derango is the only one I could appreciate at a certain level.

Krumelur - minimal animal for instance is perfect ^_^

Haven't heard any Krumelur before - but I'm loving the samples I'm listening to on "Minimal Animal" - how is the second album "Paramoral"?

I had a friend recommend Krumelur to me awhile back since I love Hux Flux so much but never checked it out..

Nice call on Psysex "Hardcore Blastoff" for 2002 btw - if it weren't for Classical Mushroom I'd have chosen that one too..

Man, this thread is great, I'm catching up on some classics that I hadn't heard - just downloaded the Blue Planet Corporation album too - I'm not too much into the "typical" goa sound but that album is really nice..

Krumelur - minimal animal is more then unique. Not one psy release comes even close to the concept they provided back then in 2002 I think.

Their second album is totally different what disappointed me when it got released with the result that I didn't give it any attention so I don't know if it's good.

It probably is, but I made the mistake expecting to much/not different. I should check it again...

Psysex - hardcore blastoff is to me 'the' perfect example of psychedelic trance.

The production quality, diversity and level off psychedelicness is huge.

It's a trip on headphones :) The sounds feel so alive in my ears...

Not many releases have that element.

1995 - Hallucinogen - Twisted

1996 - Etnica - Alien Protein

1997 - Pleiadians - IFO

1998 - Pigs In Space - Pigs In Space

1999 - Astral Projection - Another World

2000 - Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

2001 - Imperial Project - Vimana

2002 - Tegma - Encoded/Decoded

2003 - Xenomorph - Qlippoth

2004 - Son Kite - Colours

2005 - Terminator/Dejan - Overdrive