2. UFO

3. Astral Colours

4. Space Journey

5. Core Of The Universe

6. No Gravity

7. Astrophysics

8. Eyes Of The Moon

9. You Are Not Perfect

Always on board for new goa trance I came across this a bit ago. It's a digital download and oddly enough the only place I could find it was on Beatspace. These are tracks made by Doruk in the years 2005-2008 packaged into a nice space themed album.

Alien In My Room (Intro)- We begin with a brief intro that sounds like aliens are doing a sweep of this guys room with some superior sensor technology. Ignoring the semen stained sheets and the leftover hamburger helper left in the corner they come to realize they might not need back up.

UFO- "What is that...smell?"

Posted Image

8 times that sample was used. And that's just the whole sample. I'm not counting the times where he just said "what" or "smell". 8 times. I like masturbating, but I don't think I could squeeze out that many knuckle children during one track. Ridiculous.

Part flowing goa-lite and part epic trance which was completely overshadowed by the overuse of the above sample.

Astral Colours- It seems to have all the ingredients that would make a good goa track, but...it's missing power. Force and anger. That extra kick in the nuts that blows your wig back. If Portamento and Artifact303 are heavy metal than this is Air Supply. Not that that's bad. I can see this being played in an elevator. If it was, it would be the coolest elevator of all time.

Space Journey- "Did you ever think what it takes to live as long as I have?"

I liked this better. Darker and more twisted with some good layering. Pumping and flowing with a great sample and outer space leads. Very Astral Projection. Back when they made music...and not just promises.

Core of the Universe- More ripping space leads that leave an acidic taste in my mouth. It is a track that hypnotizes and constantly twists and turns. Solid

No Gravity- With an aggressive bass line he takes no prisoners. Couple that with a nice, searing 303 and you've got all the makings. It's pushing your spacecraft in tight 360 degree revolutions to avoid enemy fire while the stars whizz past. At each brief break it reorganizes and continues it's assault.

Posted Image

Astrophysics- Astrophysics?

Posted Image

That was me on the first day of class. Not proud of that moment...

But he obviously gets it. If there was one track that could be called an Astral Projection clone, it would be this one. And that is not meant as an insult. Analog space leads, thumping kick, dark atmosphere...beautiful.

Eyes of the Moon- I'm thinking that this is unfinished due to the short track length. It's more floating and trancey, but no less entertaining. Surely there is more of a story to tell here?

You Are Not Perfect- One you get a pass on, but two short...blurbs? That's just a tease. Punishment will follow accordingly.

Posted Image

That wasn't me! I didn't do that! I DID NOT DO THAT!!!

*drops riding crop and quickly backs out of basement*

First the bad. With the intro and the two short tracks at the end you get more of a 6 track EP. Which is why I suppose it is a digital download only. But if that's the case, why offer them at all. Spend the extra time and finish those two to make a proper album. Now for the good. This was great work. Really, it was. I wasn't so sure after the first third, but he saved the knockout blow for the rest of the album. Dark, atmospheric, melodic. The comparisons to Astral canot be helped. I mean, sh*t it's in the title. What more could you want? Thanks to Ezel for intoducing this artist. I know these tracks are old, but here's to hoping that he is working on some new material.

Beatspace

Mdk

Nice review I mostly agree, though especially on the "what is that smell.."

What was he thinking???

Anyhoo, this album has some artifact303/liquidflow/astralprojection-elements but it is far less refined and mature. Could have used more time in the oven. A couple notable tracks but that's it.

• 8 months later...

This is pretty good. It has no problem competing with today's goatrance. The sample in the beginning is indeed strange :D

But for the rest, it's a nice travel! He uses some effects like the totally fading out and in "Astrophysics" , Well done!

I would love to hear some more of this artist...