Psychedelia/tranciness in other genres

Walkabout

So. I'm still on the lookout for superpsychedelic, extragoalicious music, which ain't necessarily goa trance but has the analog/oldskool sounds, some dancefloor energy, and a new twist I haven't heard before. 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s are all fine, as long as it surprises me... I'm after something that's hedonistic but different from the norm.

Some of the records that really got to me over the last few years are Portion Control: Wellcome and Filthy White Guy, Senser: Schematic, Ozric Tentacles: The Yum Yum Tree, This Morn Omina: Le Serpent Blanc/Le Serpent Rouge, Masa: Why?, FSOL: By Any Other Name and From The Archives, and Giiwa's Musica Discordia. Which is all over the place stylistically but I feel there's a certain anything-goes psychedelic energy to them all. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I also like Ray Castle, Ollie Olsen and a lot of the Australian stuff.

Also Juno Reactor (although too commercial for me) had a great track, "Immaculate Crucifixion", on their last album that reminded me of old school proto-goa.

If anyone can recommend something in the same vein, i.e., music that freaks people out without disappearing up its own intelligence, I would be most grateful!

I confess I haven't heard the albums you've named, and the conditions are seems really hard to meet (goa trance but not goa trance) so I'll try. Hopefully some of the recommendations will hit home? These are all tracks from genres other than goa/psy that have tranc-ey elements.

90s techno, this track is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMXSWpJyx_E

more 90s techno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLaCO7POWvs

and - youtube.com/watch?v=FfAEVuO8qIU

If you like Australian stuff how about aussie psy dnb? youtube.com/watch?v=81hkHzlVZFY

Ravey acid trance - youtube.com/watch?v=AT_LmYUcKcY

90s british house - youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74

classic trance - youtube.com/watch?v=OPvhUpnocx0

groovy idm (the video is rather weird) - youtube.com/watch?v=3og0oFiDO3U

Tranc-ey hardcore - youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-siWaceEI

more dnb - youtube.com/watch?v=iQgVeiMEz3s

hardcore, 1:30 onwards the psy feel comes in - youtube.com/watch?v=tD8THqZT364

I like Laurent Garnier, Quench, Orbital and DJ Misjah a lot though they're more 'normal' techno & trance. The one by Trance Induction is excellent though, super trippy!

I liked Mood Deluxe and Far Too Loud as well, but if I have one complaint it's that the sound is very 'shiny' and metallic. I'm looking for more organic, colorful, carnivalesque sounds. There should be some unusual arrangements, instruments or samples used, but it should also flow well from one part to another. That last part is what makes it tough. ;)

Here's some psychedelic stuff I'm into:

Uptempo:

Ozric Tentacles: Psychic Chasm

Downtempo:

FSOL: Brujo

Midtempo:

Red Back: Skatepark

Great tracks posted there. That's a pretty broad spread, but I think you want stuff that's deep and layered.

Process - One Drop or Two (I know this is psy and you don't want psy but the builds are great)

Double Dragon - Hairy Liquid

Double Dragon - Encrusted Filth

D.I.D. - Alcyone

Ambient Temple of Imagination - Mystery School Vol. 1

Violet Vision - First Sign of Communication

A. B. Didgeridoo Oblivion - Vortex

Nam Shub of Enki - In the Valley of Mood

iTAL tEK - Wind Tunnel and Deep Pools (Intelligent Dubstep)

Kraftwelt - Electric Dimension

Evol Intent - The Oscine's Lament, 5:30PM (if you like these check out the rest of the album)

Axi - Mayan Temple

Black Sun Empire - Breach

Ubar Tmar - if you already haven't heard his stuff

following are all 90s techno, similar to technolo

Andrew McLauchlan - Love Story (Re-Edit)

EQUITEK - SKYWALKER

LUKE SLATER - Inductive Channels

Monolake - Cyan I

I love psy/goa trance but yeah I think some other music genres can be much more psychedelic. IDM and Ambient in particular.

Try this for example : http://www.discogs.com/Ab-Ovo-Empreintes/release/535278

Or FSOL , Boards Of Canada , Beefcake, Gridlock ...

And from pure ambient : Biosphere, Steve Roach, Robert Rich , Vidna Obmana ... Specific albums recommendation if you wish , just let me know ;)

EDIT# Also check this thread :

Ambient/Chill/IDM/Downtempo/Experimental ;)

This I have for you.

Industrial/goth mixed with psychedelic ... very interesting, listens somehow like you have something sweet in your mouth and then add something salty. Very weird, but the overload of tastes makes it intense. This is practically the same sound-wise IMO.

Mortiis - Gibber (Pig Remix):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rowp5f_zYL0