old BBC news report on goatrance

Lemmiwinks

Thanks for sharing, I never watched that before.

Man they're all soooo young! (except for Raja Ram who was already old). :P

Check out Simon, he's a kid! :lol:

I really feel happy though that Goa didn't become the new trend in dancing.

Nice flashback as I was partying in London at this time the Channel 4 program was aired!

But it is fun to see Chris Deckker say they discouraged people from taking drugs (and all the other ramblings about sacred temples etc.). His parties was one big acid party with 6/10 fucked on drugs. Been there myself at his parties. The reason why he said is was the same reason why every other organizer said and keep saying they discouraged people from taking drugs at their events. Because it would be bad marketing. Especially when they themselves were into taking drugs. Also there was a huge crackdown on organizers throwing parties where people took drugs as a direct link in UK to "The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act" from 1994 ;)

Also its interesting to see that when the fashion industry, advertising industry and press got interested it all became commercialized very fast around the Globe. It happened in the period of 1995-1997.

Cool to see the Dragonfly studio again. Where a lot of magic happened :)