Exelization - Cryolysis

Ormion

I see you are improving, the only negatives I can say is still the overall production. Not all of the sounds flow perfectly, especially the start sounds kinda disjointed imo. Otherwise the darkness is awesome and I really like how you developed a style of your own. I also like it isn't 100% of SA style and does indeed have goa touch in it. Makes it more interesting. :)

I see you are improving, the only negatives I can say is still the overall production. Not all of the sounds flow perfectly, especially the start sounds kinda disjointed imo. Otherwise the darkness is awesome and I really like how you developed a style of your own. I also like it isn't 100% of SA style and does indeed have goa touch in it. Makes it more interesting. :)

Yeah it does sound messy. I'm not happy with some leads. I'm not sure if I have the energy to rework it though.

I'm so lazy. :D

I can't say I have any frame of reference for the twilight style, but my first reactions are that it sounds kind of...fuzzy. Not just distortion, but like a scrappy, loose kind of fuzzy that makes it seem like an old car held together with duct tape lurching down the road. I'm guessing it's some combination of distortion, slightly too long release times and possibly an flange/phaser/chorus effect with a lot of feedback (causing a bit of a tail). I think it would sound better if it were just a little cleaner sounding.

Also the chord progression gets tired by the end of the song.

I can't say I have any frame of reference for the twilight style, but my first reactions are that it sounds kind of...fuzzy. Not just distortion, but like a scrappy, loose kind of fuzzy that makes it seem like an old car held together with duct tape lurching down the road. I'm guessing it's some combination of distortion, slightly too long release times and possibly an flange/phaser/chorus effect with a lot of feedback (causing a bit of a tail). I think it would sound better if it were just a little cleaner sounding.

Yes it's true. I don't use distortion, but I did use (overuse actually) old school saw-ish synths with lot of phaser.

Thanks for the comment! :)

Guest nectarios

This^ and add to the leads mixed in way too loud, although it is kinda the style of the new school goa (I've heard anyway).

The kick gets lost into that big riff and the bass is non existent as are some transitional sounds to bridge the changes in the track.

Peace out.

I'll not comment soundquality/production skills, but idea and arrangment of this track is in my humble opinion pure win. Some of this melodies reminds me of Pleiadians 99' era from Family Of Light album, which is pretty cool and interesting. There isn't too many music like Exelization so I'll have my eye on this project and will check out your first EP!

Thanks for share and keep up with good work! :)

This^ and add to the leads mixed in way too loud, although it is kinda the style of the new school goa (I've heard anyway).

The kick gets lost into that big riff and the bass is non existent as are some transitional sounds to bridge the changes in the track.

Peace out.

I always had a problem with bass. When I try to boost it it sounds a bit too much. When I try to make it more 'mellow' it gets lost. I have to work on the balance.

Thanks for the comments! :)

I'll not comment soundquality/production skills, but idea and arrangment of this track is in my humble opinion pure win. Some of this melodies reminds me of Pleiadians 99' era from Family Of Light album, which is pretty cool and interesting. There isn't too many music like Exelization so I'll have my eye on this project and will check out your first EP!

Thanks for share and keep up with good work! :)

well, a good psy sound, but I'd love to hear two more things:

more depth and detials (mindfuckers), maybe base more deep too (?)

and

more story telling, more logical huild up or structure

keep it up

Both true. Sometimes I'm too lazy to add many details.

About the storytelling I have decided from the start to not be storytelling. I was in the mood I guess.

That's it, a pretty heavy phaser. Kind of fast?

The original synth I mostly used in this track is already 'dirty' which I like. But I did use a lot of phaser in the synths. Especially at the end it does sound really messy.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Only way to get better.

I always had a problem with bass. When I try to boost it it sounds a bit too much. When I try to make it more 'mellow' it gets lost. I have to work on the balance.

Thanks for the comments! :)

I took his comment to mean bass as an an instrument, not bass as a frequency range. I agree that the bass (instrument) could be more prominent. If you bring it up and the low frequencies are too much, do some creative sculpting. Consider "frequency spaces" - where you might scoop a lot of a certain frequency range out of an instrument to make room for another instrument that dominates in that range. When it comes to synth sounds, I have no problem doing some significant EQing to get things sitting right in a mix.

It's not bad. Maybe develop the intro a little more. Let the listener crave for things to happen. The production sounds a little dated, that's all I can say about it. It tends to get a little boring, try to explore new sounds. Work it, baby :D