Not sure about this - opinions wanted

If you would be so kind, please give me your opinion on this. I keep going back and forth on the part that starts about 2:57. This is the second version of that part, and I'm still not sure if I like it. I like the intro up until that part though.

http://www.veracohr.com/audio/0412Mix.flac

http://www.veracohr.com/audio/0412Mix.mp3

Usually if you are not sure if you like it or not.. It isnt good.

which - i'm sorry to say - is the case here.

the intro is good (although sometimes a bit boring) though.

i know this is in no way supposed to be a proper mix, but the kick is way too loud.

which - i'm sorry to say - is the case here.

the intro is good (although sometimes a bit boring) though.

i know this is in no way supposed to be a proper mix, but the kick is way too loud.

I'm sure I'll put more work into the intro before it's done, but I'm pretty much happy with that part.

The rest of it though - even after redoing it, I still ended up with something very similar to the first version, so something about it must seem right to me. Maybe I should try taking it in an entirely different direction?

I think there are some decent ideas going on in there, but the way you've executed them sounds almost totally generic. I get the feeling when I listen to your music that you are for some reason - or an assortment of reasons - afraid to express yourself the way you'd prefer to express yourself. You have your own voice in your chest somewhere, but the voice you're using is someone else's, and from 1990. You absolutely MUST have something of your own to say if you and others are going to be happy and engaged with your music.

Be very mindful of what it is you're trying to say, what message you want the music to transport to others on your sacred chariot. Music, like all art, is communication between souls, not just the transfer of electricity.

I get the feeling when I listen to your music that you are for some reason - or an assortment of reasons - afraid to express yourself the way you'd prefer to express yourself. You have your own voice in your chest somewhere, but the voice you're using is someone else's, and from 1990.

Hmmm...not sure where you get that from, but thanks for the input. If anything, I have the most problems when I try to emulate other artists too closely when the style isn't ingrained in me yet. Keep in mind that this wasn't a finished section of music, I was asking for opinions on the basic foundations that were there before I kept going. I build as I go.

No matter, I've moved onto a third version that I like better. So far anyway. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I should try taking it in an entirely different direction?

in the track im currently working on, i completely redid the middle part at least 5 times until i came to something decent...

i'm not saying you should do that, but it can be helping (even if it's frustrating to have to erase everything for the fourth time...)

ill try to answer only what you were asking without giving any other opinions....

i think that the part that comes in around the 3 min. mark needs to be bolder. you basicaly have a 3 min. intro and then the track just sort of slips into the main part. it should make a statement a more pronounced transition seems like it would do the trick.

hopw that helps.

Hey Vercohr,

Greetings from Canada EH! xD

It sounds good to me but the part you mention being the problem its as bad as i had imagined :P

The kick is very loud and it can be a good thing depending on the style your going for.

I see where you may be mislead in the problem part, i think the intro needs to be cut short a bit and maybe a lead sound in the back ground to keep it flavorful, i still like to use intros too but getting to the basic jist of the track is what catches peoples attention.

You could rearrange a few parts around or just keep it like it is and add onto it more.

Good luck amigo

Bo0M!