Do you have IFO?

Penzoline

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own the physical copy of Pleiadians - I.F.O.

• Yes. (Nova Tekk)
    • Yes. (Dragonfly Records)
    • No. (Sadface)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but according to the songs I have or heard, it's a bit overrated imho. For the same money I can buy more albums that are as good as IFO or even better.

But oh well, you can say that about a lot of albums. :)

I got the Nova Tek version a few months now, and it looks like my thoughts were right . ^_^ Best track is Alcyone, crazy melodies on that one.

I have the nova tekk version. It's easily my fav'e of the 2 pressings. Enhanced colors plus correct track lenghts. Let's face it: If the dragonfly version would be perfect, they wouldn't have made changes to the nova tekk one.

I have the nova tekk version. It's easily my fav'e of the 2 pressings. Enhanced colors plus correct track lenghts. Let's face it: If the dragonfly version would be perfect, they wouldn't have made changes to the nova tekk one.

...but it's not the original edition. Repress will never have the same collector value of the original notwithstanding some extreme cases where represses are significantly different and unique in their own way...which is not the case here..we are only talking about some touch ups released on mass produced supermarket-like label Nova Tekk.

I'd take my original Dragonfly edition any day....legendary album on the legendary label :)

...but it's not the original edition. Repress will never have the same collector value of the original notwithstanding some extreme cases where represses are significantly different and unique in their own way...which is not the case here..we are only talking about some touch ups released on mass produced supermarket-like label Nova Tekk.

I'd take my original Dragonfly edition any day....legendary album on the legendary label :)

I reckon you approach the whole situation from monetary aspect as yours truly appreciates visuality more. Getting 20-30e more for the potential sell of the product hardly gives me a hard-on. :D

"Different strokes for different folks" as the saying goes.

FYI, the Nova Tekk version is not a repress. It's just a licensed version released in the same year by another label like many, many and (again) many artist albums and also compilations.

FYI, the Nova Tekk version is not a repress. It's just a licensed version released in the same year by another label like many, many and (again) many artist albums and also compilations.

That does not change the fact the Dragonfly edition is the original and Dragonfly is (or was) the holder of the copyright and not Nova Tekk.

I supose one can call it a re-press or whatever....it still does not change my point above.

What you're talking about is a mere technicality.

Picked up an original of Family of Light on Amazon back in 2003 or so, but never got around to getting I.F.O. on hard copy. If there's a 2X cd with that and the Live DAT coming out sometime in the next couple years; I'll just wait.

That said... I think Family of Light is the better album. By far, even.