process

murphythecat

DAMN! he's just like posford, can't believe I didnt knew that guy.

their full-on style is really alike, like to alike to be true, less complicated, but really the same feeling, something is living into his songs.

Annways, for every posford folks, Process, who had appeared on mystery of the yeti for instance (crazy song by the way, and he did a couple more!) needs to be rediscovered!

never been this excited honestly since posford. cryogen is just a masterpiece, a freakin bomb.

Check this out folks! http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sean+Williams

cheers

You should just post in French and let us translate :P Just kidding, listening to "Under Mount Kailash" now...

haha, dude, i'm listening right now to Creepy Crawly-Process And Slide with my mate, and we really have a hard time believe that this guys is not freaking known, and that he didnt make any album, he's a genius really.

Process has 2 albums out, One Drop or Two? and Superior Technology.

Sean Williams is a great psychedelic musician who definitely took sounds to a new level.

His early work with Pete 'Slide' Martin as Satori were all very instrumental in my early days of Goa back in 1995/96/97.

His work with Tristan around that era are also highly encouraged.

All of Sean's solo work is top of the line, proper UK style psytrance with great attention to analog synths.

A while back he stopped focusing on psytrance and was working on some great chill out jazz stuff with a group called The Mystery School Ensemble. Great great work with that project and some wonderful music.

Since then he has been working on a project called Monosynth Orchestra. It is a freeform experimental sound collage type act that is really awesome. If you like noise and drone music, you'd like them.

Sean gets out from time to time to drop an occasional DJ set for people, but he can be a bit of a recluse in his academic pursuits of sound.

But, I totally agree, if you don't have any of his work, you are truly missing out.

You'll notice that the Beast 12" that Sean did with Simon Posford was really the last psytrance that Simon made. I, personally, believe that it is because that single is kind of the peak of that era of psytrance and Simon knows that he'll never top it. So Simon focuses on other projects.

:)

Process has 2 albums out, One Drop or Two? and Superior Technology.

Sean Williams is a great psychedelic musician who definitely took sounds to a new level.

His early work with Pete 'Slide' Martin as Satori were all very instrumental in my early days of Goa back in 1995/96/97.

His work with Tristan around that era are also highly encouraged.

All of Sean's solo work is top of the line, proper UK style psytrance with great attention to analog synths.

A while back he stopped focusing on psytrance and was working on some great chill out jazz stuff with a group called The Mystery School Ensemble. Great great work with that project and some wonderful music.

Since then he has been working on a project called Monosynth Orchestra. It is a freeform experimental sound collage type act that is really awesome. If you like noise and drone music, you'd like them.

Sean gets out from time to time to drop an occasional DJ set for people, but he can be a bit of a recluse in his academic pursuits of sound.

But, I totally agree, if you don't have any of his work, you are truly missing out.

You'll notice that the Beast 12" that Sean did with Simon Posford was really the last psytrance that Simon made. I, personally, believe that it is because that single is kind of the peak of that era of psytrance and Simon knows that he'll never top it. So Simon focuses on other projects.

:)

yes I know, but I always thought that the songs beast was good because of porsford. The songs on mystery of the yeti is known by me for for like 4 years, but I had never tought to go see who did it (stupid of me, I know)

Wow thaks about the specification, how come on discogs, we dont see that he made 2 albums, or its just me who didnt checked well.

anywas, ill get everything he have done, he really really really suits my taste, like, he's going to surpass everyone I love, except posford and kettel of course. :D

yes I know, but I always thought that the songs beast was good because of porsford. The songs on mystery of the yeti is known by me for for like 4 years, but I had never tought to go see who did it (stupid of me, I know)

Wow thaks about the specification, how come on discogs, we dont see that he made 2 albums, or its just me who didnt checked well.

anywas, ill get everything he have done, he really really really suits my taste, like, he's going to surpass everyone I love, except posford and kettel of course. :D

It's easier to look at Process that Sean Williams.

One Drop Or Two is just so.......acidic! Love it :)

Plus his track Dealing With Demons on the FR comp Air Born was fantastic too :)

Guest antic

...really have a hard time believe that this guys is not freaking known, and that he didnt make any album, he's a genius really...

Sorry to break it to you, but you were simply ignorant. ;):D

Everyone who's been around goa/psy scene for some time knows Sean Williams and his (side)projects: Process, Beast, Promethean Process, Satori etc. - these are psychedelic trance classics. Too bad he's not around any more...

• 1 month later...

Too bad he's not around any more...

He did an awesome 3-hour DJ-set a couple of months ago in Belgium (Trance Dimensions), didn't spin a lot of his own music but still kick-ass, he knows how to select his tracks ^^

Indeed!

Sean's sets tend to be about 50/50 of his material and others. But those tracks that he selects all have a very proper sound and his mixing style is unique. I'm very stoked that he is slowly getting his groove back on and taking the occasional DJ gig. =)