DMT: The Spirit Molecule

PlutoDelic

Posted Image

www.thespiritmolecule.com

www.rickstrassman.com

SYNOPSIS

THE SPIRIT MOLECULE weaves an account of Dr. Rick Strassman's groundbreaking DMT research through a multifaceted approach to this intriguing hallucinogen found in the human brain and hundreds of plants. Utilizing interviews with a variety of experts to explain their thoughts and experiences with DMT within their respective fields, and discussions with Strassman’s research volunteers brings to life the awesome effects of this compound, and far-reaching theories regarding its role in human consciousness .

Several themes explored include possible roles for endogenous DMT; its theoretical role in near-death and birth experiences, alien-abduction experiences; and the uncanny similarities in Biblical prophetic texts describing DMT-like experiences. Our expert contributors offer a comprehensive collection of information, opinions, and speculation about indigenous use of DMT, the history and future of psychedelic research, and current DMT research. All this, to help us understand the nature of the DMT experience, and its role in human society and evolution.

The subtle combination of science, spirituality, and philosophy within the film’s approach sheds light on an array of ideas that could considerably alter the way humans understand the universe and their relationship to it.

maybe a topic worth deleting, but this piece here is quite commercial though independently directed, yet it has been in net only as information so far and we've heard release dates like, 2008, than summer 2009, the last one was end of 2009 and it's still not out yet, some of you might be surprised with the existence of this but as you read it all i can say is that nobody seems to know more than what you read inside, so...anyone got some news for this???

now to prove my innocence for the topic, this documentary/movie is legally licensed by the DEA :P

From 1990 to 1995 Dr. Rick Strassman conducted DEA-approved clinical research at the University of New Mexico in which he injected sixty volunteers with DMT, one of the most powerful psychedelics known. His detailed account of those sessions is an extra-ordinarily riveting inquiry into the nature of the human mind and the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. DMT, a plant-derived chemical that is also manufactured by the human brain, consistently produced near-death and mystical experiences. Many volunteers reported convincing encounters with intelligent nonhuman presences, especially "aliens." Nearly all felt that the sessions were among the most profound experiences of their lives.

Strassman's research connects DMT with the pineal gland, considered by Hindus to be the site of the seventh chakra and by René Descartes to be the seat of the soul. DMT: The Spirit Molecule makes the bold case that DMT, naturally released by the pineal gland, facilitates the soul's movement in and out of the body and is an integral part of the birth and death experiences, as well as the highest states of meditation and even sexual transcendence. Strassman also believes that alien abduction experiences are brought on by accidental releases of DMT. If used wisely, DMT could trigger a period of remarkable progress in the scientific exploration of the most mystical regions of the human mind and soul.

you can support the initiative, reduce arrogance and spare free space in the forum database by not posting...for a better life, the book is already in my brain for at least 2-3 years, prejudicing just never helps.

the point of the movie is the interviews, just like it was What the Bleep?, anyway, some people just prefer hearing a theory from a directors point of view, if you have a problem with that, as i said, just ignore the topic.

This looks rather interesting :ph34r: I like the trailer as well.. nice 'n' glitchy ;)

the point of the movie is the interviews, just like it was What the Bleep?, anyway, some people just prefer hearing a theory from a directors point of view, if you have a problem with that, as i said, just ignore the topic.

What the Bleep... the interviews?! It's all manipulated into a psydo-scientific soup of non-sense! I hope (and think) this one will do A LOT better!! To say the least!

• 6 months later...

After five years, I’m THRILLED to announce that The Spirit Molecule will be released by October 2010. I strongly believe your support, patience, and belief in this film, allowed it to materialize through physical communities, the Internet, festivals/events, South America, etc. Thank you. I dreamt of this day many times, but never expected tears when announcing the release…I stand corrected. I’m truly excited to share this film with the world.

http://blog.thespiritmolecule.com/

EDIT:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

it's out, and i love it.

bad news for the people who think this might be some sort of promotion to legalize DMT, well it does that somehow, but in a different way. also, do not expect something like The Beyond Within, it's not about the effects, its more about the experience but after the trip, they tend to connect it with where the humanity is going, in a way they say that if people did DMT traditionally (u define tradition for urself) then the mankind would not suffer from the predictions such as the one of Huxley and 1984. They do make good sense though, but i guess nothing can convince the "average" man to give this subject a deeper research.

what was really funny, is how Strassman actually tricked the authorities to do his research...

worth a watch guys, not really educational since most of us have been researching about this privately, but i would suggest it to everybody. too bad its only 70 minutes

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...