Top artists of different genres

Consciousness9001

Recently I was struck when I heard Yagya-Rigning. This is one of the best albums I've heard, yet I've never heard of "dub techno" so I wouldn't have found it otherwise. It's a bit unfortunate that people classify music by stupid little criteria, but whatever.

What are other artists that are amazing from various genres?

Another one I like is Hecq. Especially his Night Falls ambient album. Very beautiful. Most of his stuff is glitchy and I don't enjoy it as much.

I'm getting to where I also hate genres/classifications etc

But it is true that without some form of general direction, it is hard to find music these days

or to even know what you are trying to look for

either way - some of the various artists I enjoy:

Speedy J - (mostly techno) - a ton of his stuff is good - check out "Loudboxer" and "A Shocking Hobby"

Nagual Sound Experiment (usually called dubstep)

Evan Marc & Steve Hillage (downtempo/chillout)

Pete Namlook & Klaus Schulze (experimental electronic / downtempo) - check out their "Dark Side of the Moog" series

Psilodump (couldn't really say what this is but it sounds sorta IDM'ish - its on Demon Tea so know that its messed up in the head)

Dusty Kid (newer tech/minimal/progressive sounding stuff - try his new record "A Raver's Diary")

La Baaz (the record Clubbrausch is a very nice tech/prog kind of sound)

Flying Scorpions (sorta goa sorta psytrance sorta suomisaundi - very different and cool) try the 2003 album "Lippotena Cervi"

Sibilant (spacy kinda psy'ish drum & bass sounds) - his album "Proper Filth" is truly nice

Cybernetika (the "Atropos" album is also very DNB'ish and psy at the same time - its free on www.ektoplazm.com)

thats a little list to start with for now

probably could think of more, but those are some artists I really enjoy that fall outside of normal Psytrance fare

Enjoy

PsyON

well well well.

Dub step: Burial, benga, fuzzion, Ital tek are probably my favorite.

Drum and bass/Idm: Kettel, Aphex Twin, Benn jordan/flashbulb/flexe, U-ziq, Autechre, Venetian Snares, Bola, Bluetech. Clark, BOC

Experimental/new ambient: Helios, Blackfilm, Hauschka, Hecq,Jacaszek

when i have the time, i'll throw couple of things more

enjoy