Groovy midtempo music

yohankiwi

Hallo all,

I need to turn to psynew's musical knowledge for some recommendations again :)

I'm DJing next week for an event that's supposed to be showing off green technology (ie the whole thing is powered from green power generators), but the only thing is is that its during the day so i can't really go blasting some full on dance music. So we were thinking of making what's normally a club/bar into a massive chill out space with some comfy sofas, cool art work, silent movies playing etc . Shud be fun, but now i'm trying to figure out what to play... I was thinking of going for some nice and groovy, melodic mid tempo stuff with a light dose of psychedelia. It can be from any genre (dub, progressive, chill out etc). Basically anything with a nice groove that you can chill to but also with a bit of energy to put you in a good mood, and even make you dance if you want to

Here's a few examples off the top of my head of the type of tunes im looking for:

Pitch Black (more like this please!): Freefall, elements turn, south of line, 1000 mile drift

OTT: Solstice rmx, escape from tulse hill, cley hill

Vibrasphere: Sweet september, lemon phase, time shifter

Younger Brother: All i want, sleepwalker

Trentemoller: Nightwalker

Ovnimoon: Sandal Water

Red Seal: Forces of creation, supernatural, machine gun tommy

Atmos: KNS, Transmission in vein

Kino Oko: Made in satisfaction, mother mature

Doof: Last half of forever, sk2k

The Orb: little fluffy clouds, towers of dub

Sankyou in advance :)

soundz really cool...

well i don't have any progressive recommendations (other than Vibrasphere :wub: (and the new Vibrasphere - Selected Downbeats Vol. 2 is just released)) but here are few warm dub/downtempo that i really like

i would pick few songs from LSD records:

Abakus

Tripswitch

VA - Butterfly Dawn

also

Orchid Star - Birth/re-Birth

Warp Technique - Make Animals Happy

Androcell

Astropilot - Fruits of the Imagination (for more mid/up beat)

Easily Embarrassed - Idyllic Life

Flooting Grooves - Upsyde Downe

Ibojima - Morning Glory (more upbeat and proggy)

Slackbaba - And the Beat Goes OM

less psychedelic:

Chris Zippel Genuine Horizon

En Voice - Hall of Dreams

Kick Bong - Flower Power

they all have warm earthy feeling to them, pretty good for a sunny day B)

good luck

Electrypnose-Funked up (groovy, funky mix of genres, still with a nice psychedelic touch)

Atmos-Tour de trance (great album all the way through, in the same style as KNS and T.I.V.)

Liquid Soul-Love in stereo (great progressive trance with a nice melodic and chilled feeling to it)

Vibrasphere-lungs of life (nice techno'ish trance with a great groove and some nice melodies)

Some tracks on the new Neelix album is actually pretty good too :)

Wicked, cheers guys!! Liking what i've heard a lot :) Finally got my hands on atmos' new one, veeeery nice!! Gonna check the dub stuff next.

The event looks like it's gonna be really cool. We're gonna be showing baraka and koyaanisquatsi and maybe a scanner darkly on a massive projector on the wall and have a wii with mario kart and a stall selling tea and cakes for charity. All in all a stoner's paradise really :D