W (The movie)

RAH

Hollywood is truly amazing. In those 30 second teaser trailers they can make grass growing look interesting. Such is the case with "W" and the fact it was directed by Oliver Stone should have been somewhat of a relieve this was meant to be good... somehow. Last time that happened it was probably 3 or 4 years ago when I hesitated for 30 seconds and ended up renting "Primary Colors". Maybe I'm just dreadfully bored of presidential portrayals, or maybe it was the fact movies don't get here in the cinema for a long while, so when they do come out finally, you just get excited there's actually something new.

As for the review: It is almost as dreadful as his presidency and that is a major feat. Not so much bad, as just boring. We get it, he's a dumb, idiotic looser with a silver spoon. The problem of autobiographical moves is that you know it ends, and it's usually not on the positive side of things. Keep your change, go throw it down a river or something, it's probably more entertaining.

• 1 month later...

Hollywood is truly amazing. In those 30 second teaser trailers they can make grass growing look interesting. Such is the case with "W" and the fact it was directed by Oliver Stone should have been somewhat of a relieve this was meant to be good... somehow. Last time that happened it was probably 3 or 4 years ago when I hesitated for 30 seconds and ended up renting "Primary Colors". Maybe I'm just dreadfully bored of presidential portrayals, or maybe it was the fact movies don't get here in the cinema for a long while, so when they do come out finally, you just get excited there's actually something new.

As for the review: It is almost as dreadful as his presidency and that is a major feat. Not so much bad, as just boring. We get it, he's a dumb, idiotic looser with a silver spoon. The problem of autobiographical moves is that you know it ends, and it's usually not on the positive side of things. Keep your change, go throw it down a river or something, it's probably more entertaining.

Emm well if you want to see action, alien abductions and vampires you don't go see a biographical movie lol You have to judge the movie for what it is. Otherwise it would be like saying "Meh Shpongle is boring cause I find most music under 140BPM boring"... like that's missing the point completly lol

Anyway, as far as biographies go, the main objective is to be well-documented (this is fact, not fiction, so excuse Mr Bush for not being gang raped by zombies and rescued by a flying car during his term lol) and show the positive as well as the negative, not just be a 2-hour praisal. From that point of view I found W to be great. Of course, it made a lot more sense to watch it when it came out (in the civilized world lol), that is just at the end of his presidency.

"Show the positive"

As in - "At least he didn't start a war with North Korea and Iran at the end of his presidency.." ? :lol:

hehe well personally I liked the way they portaid him in a humane way, they show that even when he did big mistakes like invading Irak, he was just listening to his counselors and thinking he was making the right choice.

I haven't seen it, and I for sure am not going to bother DL'ing it or spending money renting it.

So I'll have to wait until the opportunity of seeing it lands on my lap.

Didn't Oliver Stone also make World Trade Center (About 9/11) .. Wonder why his two last movies has been about that subject, and if I'm not wrong, neither one of them are critical against the whole thing like the Loose Change / Zeitgeist approach.

But akk ja, Snicker or Bounty, I haven't seen neither one of tthem yet. :rolleyes:

I conspire that if both W. and World Trade Center are showing the ** in good or neutral light, then they got Oliver by the balls :ph34r:

Oliver has made a lot of flicks about Presidents. From Kennedy, Reagan, Nixon and now Bush ..

lol

lol

lol

hehe

I see the Antidepressant pills are kicking in and working just fine, good. :P

hehe well people complain that I'm a negative fuck on this forum so I'm trying to be more positive ;)

:huh: In all my years on this forum I have yet to perceive you as a negative duck.

From what I've heard "W" just wasn't that great a movie, so it was interesting to see some reactions to it. Frost Nixon I would like to see though.

again, with biographies you have to separate the actual life from the way the movie is made. In Frost Nixon, the main theme is the interview where Frost finally got Nixon to confess publicly which eventually lead to his resignation. It doesn't mean that it is a better movie, just that the movie focused on an event that was more interesting and emotionally charged.

Emm well if you want to see action, alien abductions and vampires you don't go see a biographical movie lol You have to judge the movie for what it is. Otherwise it would be like saying "Meh Shpongle is boring cause I find most music under 140BPM boring"... like that's missing the point completly lol

Anyway, as far as biographies go, the main objective is to be well-documented (this is fact, not fiction, so excuse Mr Bush for not being gang raped by zombies and rescued by a flying car during his term lol) and show the positive as well as the negative, not just be a 2-hour praisal. From that point of view I found W to be great. Of course, it made a lot more sense to watch it when it came out (in the civilized world lol), that is just at the end of his presidency.

I've seen plenty of documentaries that were way more interesting than this movie. It has nothing to do with the acting, the directing job (which is great) or the timing, it's just fuckin boring. With aliens gang-raping bush through his eye sockets, or not...

• 1 month later...