Tree Mural

Symphoid

The wall in the main living space of my house is rather boring. I wanted to liven it up with a mural of a tree :) It's almost done.

Just wanted to share what I've been up to :)

Hmm, It's kinda hard to get the whole thing in one pic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Arrrrrgh symphoid yet again you keep to suprise us with beautifull and artistic innovations.

Very Creative. You're a sculpturer and a painter it's amazing!

my every attempt of painting becomes an mix unvoluntarily of dali and picasson on drugs and during an earthshake... not pretty :o

Thanks, man :) I'm not really much of a painter to be honest, it's not too difficult to paint within the lines.

I bet you you might be surprised to find people who are into your stuff. Any chance you'll share some paintings. (PM maybe?)

Looks nice , good work man. You use stencil or plain tape to make the outer lines ? Nice color choice also :)

Thank you :) I used a white charcoal pencil to make the outline of the tree and then painted within the lines.

that's amazing! :posford:

wish i could paint like that...would do a pretty mushroom florest :)

Thanks, man :) I should take a pic of the lower half sometime since there are more weird plants I made, but the couch is blocking it.

Yeah, Billy. Totally awesome. Really.

Have you thought about maybe putting a bird or squirrel or something on one of the branches in the same style? Directly to the right of the window might be a good place. You know, the "owner" of the tree. :)

Yeah, Billy. Totally awesome. Really.

Have you thought about maybe putting a bird or squirrel or something on one of the branches in the same style? Directly to the right of the window might be a good place. You know, the "owner" of the tree. :)

Thanks, Per :) I was thinking about adding some kind of animal to the tree. I think a bird would complement it best. It'd be a fun challenge to continue the swirly design to it.

• 1 year later...

Thank you :) I used a white charcoal pencil to make the outline of the tree and then painted within the lines.

Thanks, man :) I should take a pic of the lower half sometime since there are more weird plants I made, but the couch is blocking it.

Please do. Just moved into a new home and you inspired me to draw something similar... a plant or tree like something. :)

Please do. Just moved into a new home and you inspired me to draw something similar... a plant or tree like something. :)

I'll have to do some furniture rearranging before I can do so. Definitely post it if you draw something. Posted Image

Very cool! I like it. :D

Was the background always that colour? And just out of curiosity.....

Do you think it looks/feels better during the day or at night? Or any particular time of day? Does it make the room feel smaller or larger? :P

Jon

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really dig that, it's just got this vibe!

I'm not sure if you meant it, but I really love the juxtaposition of the real tree outside with the tree mural on the wall in this shot:

Posted Image

Great work! ;D

Very cool! I like it. :D

Was the background always that colour? And just out of curiosity.....

Do you think it looks/feels better during the day or at night? Or any particular time of day? Does it make the room feel smaller or larger? :P

Jon

Hey Jon, wow, sorry for the late reply. I painted the walls that rusty red color when I moved in and a few years later painted the tree. I like it better at night. During the day, the light from the window mutes the tree making it harder to see. On the opposite wall from the tree, I have a large mirror hanging. It reflects the entire tree so no matter where you stand you see it. I like that and it makes it appear larger. I've actually added more to the tree, but have yet to take any new pics. I'll do that soon and post them.

Nice work...I like the colours... ;)

Thanks, man :)

I really dig that, it's just got this vibe!

I'm not sure if you meant it, but I really love the juxtaposition of the real tree outside with the tree mural on the wall in this shot:

Posted Image

Great work! ;D

Thanks, Noizi. I did purposefully mesh the tree outside with the painted one :) I'm glad the photo worked out to show it that way.

• 1 year later...