Ghost Sound at start of mix down

i need some help finding out what this ghost sound is at the start of my song after mixdown

http://rapidshare.com/files/119924228/Moves_Shakers05.mp3

here's a link to it, you will here it right at the start.

ive tryed exporting in different quality's and file types.

ive moved all the audio away from the start so there is nothing for 2 secounds. but the sound remains only on the mix down.

when i play the song in cubase its not there.

any help or tips on getting rid of it??? or on what the hell it is??

Well it could be anything. Maybe a bug in a synth of some sort (if youre using vst's). that sounds to me like a reverbed drum at the start. Are you using a Vst drum machine? Like Battery, Kompakt or something similar? Maybe there's a note stuck somewhere in there. It's hard to know just from listening.

Btw a tip: When you're finnished with the track (if you plan to have it mastered), remove the fades before exporting it to wav, fades are added during the mastering process, otherwise the fades will sound "jumpy" when the mix is applied with various equalizers, compressors etc. Just a tip ;)

That's a reverb tail. Check how your mix-down is set up, and make sure there's no tracks that could be included in the mix that aren't heard when you play it. Do you do a "bounce to disk" kind of thing? There might be something there that is included in the mix that you don't notice. If you're instead routing all your audio tracks to a new stereo track to record, and you hear that noise when you play back the mix but not when you're recording the mix, consult your local exorcist.

dont know what program youre using, but the reverb tail might come from the end of the song if you rendered it as a loop(putting the tails into the beginning for looping)

Yeah Ableton can do this, and I think maybe Acid (although I haven't used it fo ages). Are you using either of these programs? If so you should be able to remove the sound just by un-ticking the "Render as loop" box.

thanks for the help. ive tracked do the problem to 1 vocal recording. im using cubase studio 4 & im exporting as a loop. when the export finishes it releases that sound. how can i get rid of it?? ive always exported as a loop.

thanks for the help. ive tracked do the problem to 1 vocal recording. im using cubase studio 4 & im exporting as a loop. when the export finishes it releases that sound. how can i get rid of it?? ive always exported as a loop.

i fixed the problem. the cause: the effect "efectrix" on a vocal recording

the solution: turn off the effect (wasn't doing a great deal anyway)

i think that because it was a demo version i used there may have been something wrong with it

I think a lot of plugins do this. I almost always have a reverb tail in the beginning of my mix, if I don't think twice before bouncing. The easiest trick is to start the bounce after having newly instantiated plugins - so, close the host, open it, and bounce without playing back before the bounce. This way there will be nothing but silence in your reverb buffers.

Another thing you could do is to empty thems yourself by making the host playback beyond the end of the track untill you are certain that the reverb is silent.

- A

• 1 month later...

mmmmm im having the same trouble again. im using cubase studio 4. and to export my song i just go file, export, audio mixdown. but i get the reverb tail at the start on my song. probly from the effect 'effectrix' its a genuine copy so thats not the problem. people suggest 'bouncing' a track. what is this & how would i do that??

just put the goddamn reverb volume down at the end of your loop???

get a brain, start wondering.

and bouncing=rendering=exporting

another technique to get rid of your problem would be rendering the reverbed sound, and just using that wave as end for your track, instead of having your software calculating the movements on your fx and screwing up with that loop crap. never had a tail from the end of my song play in the start...